Page 1 of 2
Today I went to two different pharmacies to get my ADD medication, Adderall, and nobody had it, not even the brand name stuff. This has been going on for a few months now, and I'm getting sick of it. Upon some quick research, it turns out the government is actually limiting this stuff, causing a shortage.

Yeah, one argument is that people abuse it as a drug, but there's alot of people out there like me who need the stuff to function properly during the day, so creating a shortage and jacking up prices to profit for the manufacture is not how you solve the problem.

Link http://abcnews.go.com/Health/generic-adderall-xr-shortage-leaves-patients-scrambling-find/story?id=13547267

Discuss how to solve the problem and or about ADD or ADHD.
Solve it by consuming furious amounts of caffine, sugar and E numbers. It's the only way
WARUM TUT ES WEH, WENN ICH PINKLE?!
Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."

Quote by Axelfox
Disregard that,i suck cocks.
Sorry, I didn't read that. I just couldn't focus.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Solve it by legalizing and regulating ADD medica-

....oh...wait....

Anyway, as a college student I can tell ya that there's a huge market for people looking to abuse adderall.
Just learn to live with the ADHD. I've learned to. It helps to remember that you don't have a deficit of attention, it's just that your senses take in more information than non-ADHD people, so learn to accept that.

Or smoke weed.
Hey look, a stoner/doom album.

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

E-father of TheSPillow/Sam
E-brothers with Entity0009
Suck it up and lift yourself up by the bootstraps, pussy. You're dependent on adderall like liberals are dependent on government handouts.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Meth.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
I took it all to get my homework done. Sorry bros.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Yeah, how dare the government keep you from getting medication because some people abuse it. Wait a second...
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by element4433
I took it all to get my homework done. Sorry bros.

Man you must be really focused.
Hey look, a stoner/doom album.

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

E-father of TheSPillow/Sam
E-brothers with Entity0009
Quote by Vince Sixx
Man you must be really focused.
I'm not trying to brag, but I can totally read minds.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by ethan_hanus
Caffeine actually has the complete opposite effect on people with ADD and ADHD, it actually makes them tired.

thanks for killing my joke on its feet
WARUM TUT ES WEH, WENN ICH PINKLE?!
Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."

Quote by Axelfox
Disregard that,i suck cocks.
Quote by due 07
Adderall should be sold over the counter, prescription not needed.

ya that would solve the problem of there being a shortage.
Quote by wizards?
And your reasoning for that is?

I like it.

Quote by vagelier
ya that would solve the problem of there being a shortage.

The shortage isn't caused because the dextroamphetamine reserves are running dry. It's caused by DEA restrictions.
Last edited by due 07 at Oct 19, 2011,
Quote by ethan_hanus
If you read the article in the link, there's also shortages for 170 other medications, because of government over regulation. Makes me think the ObamaCare thing is starting to show it's true colors.

ohboyherewego.jpg
Quote by wizards?
And I like meth but that doesn't mean it should be legal.

I think meth should be legal.
Quote by ethan_hanus
If you read the article in the link, there's also shortages for 170 other medications, because of government over regulation. Makes me think the ObamaCare thing is starting to show it's true colors.

I don't think anything's actually been implemented yet.

Anyhow, need some of that shit now. Got a paper to write and a test to study for. Plus I work tomorrow, so that's 9 hours axed from my time.
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
Quote by wizards?
I'm guessing you're voting Ron Paul in 2012 aren't you?

Hell no.
Quote by wizards?
I'm guessing you're voting Ron Paul in 2012 aren't you?

Does due really strike you as a single issue voter?

Edit: If nobody read it, how do you know you're against it? Checkmate, hanus.
V
Check out my band Disturbed
Last edited by StewieSwan at Oct 19, 2011,
Quote by CG Man16
I don't think anything's actually been implemented yet.

Anyhow, need some of that shit now. Got a paper to write and a test to study for. Plus I work tomorrow, so that's 9 hours axed from my time.

A few things went into immediate affect the second it was passed, like staying on your parents insurance till 26, that was immediate. And who knows what the hell they are going to implement and when, it's 2000 pages that nobody read.
Quote by due 07
I like it.

The shortage isn't caused because the dextroamphetamine reserves are running dry. It's caused by DEA restrictions.
And the restrictions are there because people use it recreationally. Selling it over the counter would probably increase that right?
Quote by vagelier
And the restrictions are there because people use it recreationally. Selling it over the counter would probably increase that right?

That's the excuse the DEA uses, but they don't' restrict riddilen the same way they do Adderall, and it does the same thing, just differently. I think it has to do with lobbyist, money, power and crap like that.
Quote by ethan_hanus

No, probably not. The DEA would have nothing to do with healthcare provision, and they are the agency being blamed here. What is more likely is that if they are restricting supply it is in aid of preventing the production of methamphetamine.

Nothing to do with Obamacare, just the standard effects of overarching prohibition. Same reason you can't buy a bucket of Sudafed.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by vagelier

Maybe just a little, based on studies of similar situations with other drugs.

To be honest, I don't see the recreational use of it as an intrinsically bad thing anyway. Certainly not bad enough to impose an artificial scarcity on the drug, making it harder for everyone to get.
Quote by Zoot Allures
This! i didn't realise you wanted to live in stalinist russia ts.

Grow up. I'm not dependent on it, nobody is, it just helps, and it's not the governments job to restrict the stuff on the supply side.

And it should piss you liberals off that because of the DEA restrictions, the companies who make it have had a 83% increase in profits, because now they can jack the prices, and nobody can do anything about it.
Quote by due 07
Maybe just a little, based on studies of similar situations with other drugs.

To be honest, I don't see the recreational use of it as an intrinsically bad thing anyway. Certainly not bad enough to impose an artificial scarcity on the drug, making it harder for everyone to get.

I get that, but you want drug usage - if not necessary - to a minimum, especially with an illness that is diagnosed as often as ADD or ADHD. Next thing every child who's à little hyped Will be taking meds. I can understand why they would want to limit production.
Quote by vagelier
I get that, but you want drug usage - if not necessary - to a minimum, especially with an illness that is diagnosed as often as ADD or ADHD. Next thing every child who's à little hyped Will be taking meds. I can understand why they would want to limit production.

ಠ_ಠ
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by vagelier

Do you really want to limit recreational drug use, though? Or is it just a nice idea we've been socialized to have?

Contrary to popular opinion, there's evidence that ADHD is actually underdiagnosed (especially in girls). "There is a perception that ADHD is overdiagnosed and overtreated," said lead researcher Dr. Tanya E. Froehlich, a developmental-behavioral pediatrician at Cincinnati Children's Medical Center. "But our study shows that for those who meet the criteria for ADHD, the opposite problem -- underdiagnosis and undertreatment -- seems to be occurring." So, if anything, we should be doing the opposite of limiting production imo.
Page 1 of 2