I'd never heard of this phenomena before, but perhaps someone can verify it's legitimacy...

I read that new pedals sound better after they've been used a little bit. The circuit gets "burned in" or something. In the same topic, some mentioned plugging the pedal in and leaving it switched on over night.

WTF is this? I know a similar thing happens with speakers, but I was told it's bad to leave them with MP3 players or something plugged in to artificially wear them in. Can anyone elaborate?
Maximum volume yields maximum goats.
are you from tgp?

speakers, yeah.

pedals? I dunno, but i doubt it.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Quinlan
I read that new pedals sound better after they've been used a little bit. The circuit gets "burned in" or something. In the same topic, some mentioned plugging the pedal in and leaving it switched on over night.

Can anyone elaborate?

yeah, this is total BS. but i will give someone credit, it almost sounds legitimate enough to be right.

this could be a great new BS 'upgrade' for pedals, manufacturers can sell 'broken-in' pedals for a small upcharge. why didn't anyone think of this earlier
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by Dave_Mc
are you from tgp?

Actually, that might have been where I read it... I wasn't sure if it was legit, it sounded pretty sketchy to me. Why/how does info like that get passed around? Cork sniffing?
Maximum volume yields maximum goats.
Last edited by Quinlan at Oct 19, 2011,
leaving your pedals on all night drain the battery...
Quote by Nomack
Next hendrix is like a a sidesplitting triumph of slapstick and scatology, a runaway moneymaker and budding franchise, the worst thing to happen to Kazakhstan since the Mongol hordes, and, a communist.

This is my sig!
now that you mention it, i think it might help leaving them on overnight.

or you can leave them plugged in for 2-3 hours at 18v for quicker results.
mojostompboxes.com
It's got nothing to do with electricity. Pedals wear in over time by the action of stomping them. that's why they are called stompboxes.

They like it ruff!
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Its electronic there is nothing to burn in or wear in except maybe the foot switch you stomp on. Maybe a potentiometer or a inductor that has a resistive track that can wear out but otherwise nope, who ever suggested this was sniffing glue.
2011 Gibson Honeyburst LP Trad. w/ SD Whole Lotta Humbuckers
2014 Gibson Ocean Water Standard Plus
Marshall Haze 15W Head/Cab
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
Quote by greeny23
now that you mention it, i think it might help leaving them on overnight.

or you can leave them plugged in for 2-3 hours at 18v for quicker results.

don't forget opposite polarity and AC for DC voltages!
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
^ ahahahahahaha awesome

^^^ (captain cork) ahahahaha love that cartoon

Quote by Quinlan
Actually, that might have been where I read it... I wasn't sure if it was legit, it sounded pretty sketchy to me. Why/how does info like that get passed around? Cork sniffing?

yeah pretty much
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^Dear lord, is that EJ?

*shutters*
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ ahahahahahaha awesome

^^^ (captain cork) ahahahaha love that cartoon

yeah pretty much

There will be more Captain Cork soon.
I promise.
Been busy lately.
Glad you like it though
me and a few guys have some ideas we are going to implement soon.
Last edited by darkwolf291 at Oct 19, 2011,
^^ yeah eric johnson

i mean i love his music and tone, but lulz are lulz, so...

^ ahaha sweet
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by LaidBack
^Dear lord, is that EJ?

*shutters*

Yeah. That pic has seen some usage on these boards. The guy's a Legend, good, bad, or whatever.
Quote by TheQuailman

*saved to picture folder*
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
He looks like the Cliffs of Dover fell on him...
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
It looks like his face has been dragged on the streets of Manhattan.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
That's his trademark look.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
No. Just no.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...