Ever since I saw the MG100fdx, i wanted one, but because they are discontinued they are very hard to find, and when you do, they are mega expensive. So instead, I was wondering whether any of you guys know anything which is a very close alternative to it? See ya!
It's one of the worst amps of all time, not sure if troll. An alternative would be any cheap starter pack amp.
Fender Deluxe Lonestar Stratocaster, Blackstar HT-5RS, Roland Micro Cube, Alvarez Regent Acoustic
Wishlist:
Carvin V3M
Agile AL-3100 Silverburst
Word on the street is that sticking your dick in a blender is just as enjoyable.

There's many equally terrible amps btw, the Ibanez TB and TBX series come to mind.
plug your guitar into a bowl of excrement and splosh it about
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
This has to be a joke.

You can find those amps on ebay and craigslist for $350 for a half-stack, because no one wants them.

what do you mean by expensive any ways?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
This has to be a joke.

You can find those amps on ebay and craigslist for $350 for a half-stack, because no one wants them.

what do you mean by expensive any ways?

$350? that's a little much..

Gear:
Fender AVRI '62 Jazzmaster, Fender Gold Sparkle Strat (custom), Custom Swirled Roswell Rhoads
Marshall DSL15H, Weber Speakers, Fender Champs (x2),
'63 Fender Reverb, Mosrite Fuzzrite, Joe Bonamassa Fuzz Face, Whiteface RAT
Vintage Tubes!
I loled after reading the thread title.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Just looked at his profile, he cant be over 13, so I guess to him that tall Marshall MG stack is the shiznit.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I could get a better tone by plugging my guitar cable into a cat's rear end.

But yeah, the MGs suck. I don't see how they would be hard to find... There was a lot of them made and a lot of people are probably trying to sell theirs.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
I could get a better tone by plugging my guitar cable into a cat's rear end.

But yeah, the MGs suck. I don't see how they would be hard to find... There was a lot of them made and a lot of people are probably trying to sell theirs.

I see the MG 412 cabs on Craigslist a lot. Usually around $100 or sometimes more, if the seller is an idiot.

The heads go around $100 as well, but they pretty much never sell.

No one wants them, and no one in their right mind would be looking to pay like $400 for an MG head and cab...
Quote by Robbgnarly
Just looked at his profile, he cant be over 13, so I guess to him that tall Marshall MG stack is the shiznit.

Pictures old, and im 15' but I don't get why nobody likes it?
most poeple think it doesn't sound good for the music they play.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Because as others have stated over and over on this thread and many hundreds more, it sounds like A S S. Honestly, it is probably the worst half stack you can buy. AbsentOne is right in his statement as well, I had a friend who spent two years trying to sell one and ended up giving it away for free because he couldn't even get $100 for the head and cab combined.
Gear:
Fender AVRI '62 Jazzmaster, Fender Gold Sparkle Strat (custom), Custom Swirled Roswell Rhoads
Marshall DSL15H, Weber Speakers, Fender Champs (x2),
'63 Fender Reverb, Mosrite Fuzzrite, Joe Bonamassa Fuzz Face, Whiteface RAT
Vintage Tubes!
Quote by AwSoMe-Reece
Pictures old, and im 15' but I don't get why nobody likes it?

Because it sounds really terrible. It's an oversized beginner amp; the cabs are poor as well.
Well one reason the mg and spiders suck is because theyre a lot older than other modelers so the technology isn't as good. The next line 6 spiders may be better than our fav cheap modelers who knows? It's been a few years since the spider iv came out and other manufacturers came out with new stuff last year.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Well, like I said, the Ibanez TB and TBX heads have similar characteristics. They're a bit rarer than MGs, but usually very cheap on the used market.
Quote by JKHC
Well one reason the mg and spiders suck is because theyre a lot older than other modelers so the technology isn't as good. The next line 6 spiders may be better than our fav cheap modelers who knows? It's been a few years since the spider iv came out and other manufacturers came out with new stuff last year.

The MG isn't a modeler. The Spiders are being updated every couple of years. Current version is #4.
Quote by AwSoMe-Reece
Thanks for the 'advice' and sorry for posting such an outrageous and 'stupid' thread

if you are looking for advice on an amp, there is a sticky at the top of this forum.

If you give us the nearest major city, your budget, what styles of music you play or what to sound like (listening bands is good), and if you play on gigging with it or not, we can suggest a good amp for you.

but if you are playing rock, or metal, a peavy vypyr is always a good decision
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Quote by AwSoMe-Reece
Thanks for the 'advice' and sorry for posting such an outrageous and 'stupid' thread

Please refer to my previous post and answer those questions. It will help this thread.
Get a bug catcher. Catch some bees. Stick them in a can.
Now you have a worthy alternative to the MG and it won't cost you much at all.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Get a bug catcher. Catch some bees. Stick them in a can.
Now you have a worthy alternative to the MG and it won't cost you much at all.

He might a tough time getting bees. They're going extinct you know.
Quote by Sputnik1
He might a tough time getting bees. They're going extinct you know.

The Daleks are coming!!!!!
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Everyone talks alot of trash about this amp. There are better things out there for sure, but if you have one or you really want one, You can produce some decent tones out of it.

One of the biggest things: is practice your guitar, Even if the amp is not that good you can still produce decent sounds if your chops are up. Some people expect a good amp to make them sound better, but it all starts with the guitar. Hell Zakk Wylde has had good things to say about the MG Series (He does use a JCM 800 tho)

but... really, don't listen to the haters... if you want it, get it. I would encourage you not to get it if you just want the Marshall Half Stack look behind you though.... We can better provide you with some good ACTUAL advice instead of a bunch of morons providing unhelpful information about how terrible everything is, if you tell us, for 1 how much money you can afford to spend, 2, the style of music that you play, 3 what Kind of other gear you have, where you play (just in your house, small gigs, big gigs, i.e. how much volume do you need to produce? 100W is Alot of noise for a basement...)
This thread is 4 months old. I'm due TS made his decision already.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?