The bridge pickup is de 57 classic, and the neck pickup is the 57 classic plus, this sound louder and hotter. The bridge pickup sounds weak, and soft, doesnt have punch, is that ok?, i adjust the height of the pup, and is better, but not like the demos i saw.
If you know something about it, i will appreciate it.

Will
I was thinking height, but you said you changed it, and assuming that you tried very close, I'm going to say that its probably just your amp.
Where's Waldo?
i will try with other amps, im usind the LP, with a fender hot rod deville III 212. Thanks.
Well, its just that the amp in the Demo could have had more of that "punch" sound that you want. Gibson usually has pretty good quality, I don't think the pickup is defective.
Where's Waldo?
The 57 Classic Plus is meant to be in the bridge and the 57 Classic is meant to be in the neck. You seem to have your pickups installed the wrong way around. That's your problem.
Quote by grohl1987
The 57 Classic Plus is meant to be in the bridge and the 57 Classic is meant to be in the neck. You seem to have your pickups installed the wrong way around. That's your problem.

this.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
^
Sounds right.

Was waaay to lazy to look up the specs on that and see if he had the right pickups.
Where's Waldo?
Backwards pickups, how in the eff did that happen!!!

This is your problem though, your treble pickup (the hotter/brighter pickup) is normally in the bridge a quick swap around and you should be rocking in no time at all.
2011 Gibson Honeyburst LP Trad. w/ SD Whole Lotta Humbuckers
2014 Gibson Ocean Water Standard Plus
Marshall Haze 15W Head/Cab
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
Thanks for your help. But my les paul has 3 days at home, is possible that the gibson people had made a mistake?
Does it just sound a bit weaker or is it struggling to make noise at all? Try flipping the toggle switch back and forth and see if it changes anything. Les Pauls seem to have an ongoing issue of the toggle switches being fussy.
please post a pic of the pups so we can tell the height.

yes, i can actually tell by looking at them.

edit: ok here's what i do.

1st - i set the pup i use most to where it sounds best, heightwise with the pole pieces arched to match the radius of the neck.

2nd - set the other pup height to balance in volume with the first by toggling between them while i set the height of the second pup.

i can't really tell by looking lol. (but on my guitars, they are mostly similar with similarly hot pups.)
Last edited by gregs1020 at Oct 19, 2011,
the neck pickup is louder and hotter, even if is very far from the strings!, and the bridge pickups is weak and soft, is a big difference, I try everything with the pickups height. I really think that they made a mistake, or thats the idea of this guitar?
Quote by will30x
the neck pickup is louder and hotter, even if is very far from the strings!, and the bridge pickups is weak and soft, is a big difference, I try everything with the pickups height. I really think that they made a mistake, or thats the idea of this guitar?

right.

they may have made a mistake if the plus is in the neck. the plus should be in the bridge, the regular 57 classic should be in the neck. how do you know they are reversed?
hearing a lot of samples, and hearing it in two amps, and i hearing the own gibson audio demo too, tomorrow im going to a guitar center to check the guitar, but if the pups are reversed, in a guitar that is not cheap, i think that would be insane!
i will tell you!
thanks to all for the help.
The problem was the rhythm - treble switch, i adjust the ring, and that inverted the pickups? now is fine, the resolve this in 5 minutes, but why that happens? is very strange.
Quote by will30x
The problem was the rhythm - treble switch, i adjust the ring, and that inverted the pickups? now is fine, the resolve this in 5 minutes, but why that happens? is very strange.

It's probably a bad or dirty switch, and you fiddling with it fixed it(probably temporarily).

I order a replacement.
Quote by will30x

those switches spin. they aren't torqued tight from the factory in a lot of cases.

makes perfect sense.

now adjust heights like i posted for best results.

mine usually end up about here.

we all learn something new. thats the best of the problems.
Thanks