Well, 2011 is pretty much the year I got into Metal entirely. Before hand, I was a huge Nu Metal, Hard Rock, Alternative Metal (Or Modern Metal, Radio Metal, ie late Disturbed, Mudvayne, call it what you will), The Big Four and other genres that I guess are nowhere near Metal. And I actually quite distinctly remember that on New Year's Eve, before I left for a party, I heard my first Death Metal song; Charred Remains (or something off that album) by Autopsy. Since then, I've gotten into Black Metal, less popular Thrash (such as Overkill, Sepultura, Nuclear Assault, early Voivod, et cetera), Death Metal, Deathgrind, Doom and Stoner Doom, NWOBHM, Glam Metal, Melodeath, and expanded in other not-quite-metal areas like Metalcore, Deathcore, and Original Hardcore (Bad Brains, Minor Threat).

Most recently (so, within the last 4 hours), I've found, enjoyed, and archived Acid Death, Sympony X, Acid Witch, Protector, 1349, and Chainsaw

How about all of you? Any bands you've just recently found out about, recently decided to listen to, or even local bands that have stuff online.
Quote by GuitarGod_92
when I die of a brain aneurysm I want it on record that its the film threads fault

Quote by GuitarGod_92
Movies are all bad every last one of them

Quote by yope
Fungus has a right to exist. It's a valid life form.
Alot. but my favourites have been Gates of Slumber, Type O Negative and Insomnium, ****ing awesome bands
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
This is the kind of stuff we talk about all over the forum, so have a snoop around and start posting!
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.