Pit, I need your help! I just got a job interview for the Brickhouse Tavern + Tap for a dishwashing position (job's a job's a job, right?) Anyways, this is my first job. I don't think I have to go in a suit and tie, but at least somewhat nice-looking, right? What exactly do I say/how do I act? Keep in mind, this isn't some high-position I applied for. But I've never had a job before. So please Pit, help a brotha out?
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
dont have tob e suit and tie.

dress nice though.

and be friendly.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Dress pants, collared shirt, dress shoes are a must, if you go dressed for success it will show you want the job and shows that you can clean up if the boss is interested in further promotions within the company. Be very friendly and respectful when they ask you questions and try to answer them clearly. Most of all be yourself, dont try to put on a fake face for your interview as the hiring manager will see right through it.

Good Luck and hopefully you get the job!
2011 Gibson Honeyburst LP Trad. w/ SD Whole Lotta Humbuckers
2014 Gibson Ocean Water Standard Plus
Marshall Haze 15W Head/Cab
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
Smile, expect to shake hands with people and do it firmly (I never expect handshakes so always give pathetic creepy limp excuses for handshakes). Be polite and everything but don't be a total wallflower
Quote by ne14t
Dress pants, collared shirt, dress shoes are a must, if you go dressed for success it will show you want the job and shows that you can clean up if the boss is interested in further promotions within the company. Be very friendly and respectful when they ask you questions and try to answer them clearly. Most of all be yourself, dont try to put on a fake face for your interview as the hiring manager will see right through it.

Good Luck and hopefully you get the job!

Thanks man.
Also, I submitted my application online, and it didn't require a resume. Should I bring one with me?
for a job like that no suit and tie

wear a polo, maybe some khakis.

answer the questions truthfully, and dont be afraid to think for a few seconds before answering.
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
If it's a chick interviewing, bang the shit out of her. If it's a dude, talk about sports.

This strategy never ceases to fail me.
Gear as 2015:
Ibanez PGM401
Music Man JP6 (for sale)
Music Man Axis (for sale)
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Ibanez EW Acoustic Steel string
Crappy Cort Acoustic 12-string
NI Rig Kontrol 3 & Guitar Rig 5
Before you start the interview, hug everyone you see. When you enter the interview room and the interviewer offers to shake your hand, give him a hug instead. Make sure it's a big warm hug and you rub his back and shit.
ggg1 ggg3

Quote by carlos_almighty
Thanks man.
Also, I submitted my application online, and it didn't require a resume. Should I bring one with me?

Not necessary, but this is always a good thing to do, can type up a cover letter for it as well its always good for extra brownie points, and definitely what the other poster said about handshakes a good firm handshake is what a crap load of society has been built on.
yup! Bring a resume.

Also, make sure your 10 mins early, but expect to wait. A lot of restaurants, especially chains, expect you to be there 10-15 mins early for every shift, so get used to it.

Also, remember your paperwork. SIN number, all that. And don't act nervous, if the manager cracks a joke, feel free to joke with him to an extent. I find a lot of managers to places like that would much rather work with someone they can relax with, and have fun with, than some someone who just hides in the back working.
I see myself as an intelligent, sensitive human, with the soul of a clown which forces me to blow it at the most important moments.
-Jim Morrison
Quote by Joey Radical
If it's a chick interviewing, bang the shit out of her. If it's a dude, talk about sports.

This strategy never ceases to fail me in my dreams.

edited for truth.

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
- Doubt you need a resume. It's a dishwashing position... what are you gonna present? Your PhD contribution to the field in soapless dishwashing theory?
- Doubt you need to dress fancy, though don't look messy. Like JimmyBanks said, a polo should work.
- You won't be washing dishes in fancy clothes. You will most likely want to wash them in clothes you don't mind getting splashed and dirty.

When you start working, put on some music, take the job seriously, and wash the dishes like they are your own. No one likes dirty dishes.

Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Make sure you're making eye contact with your interviewer while you're speaking.

Try not to take too long to think of an answer to a question; i.e. "What are your weaknesses?" "Describe a time you failed to meet a goal." etc.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by darkstar2466
- Doubt you need a resume. It's a dishwashing position... what are you gonna present? Your PhD contribution to the field in soapless dishwashing theory?
- Doubt you need to dress fancy, though don't look messy. Like JimmyBanks said, a polo should work.
- You won't be washing dishes in fancy clothes. You will most likely want to wash them in clothes you don't mind getting splashed and dirty.

When you start working, put on some music, take the job seriously, and wash the dishes like they are your own. No one likes dirty dishes.

There is a difference between a person who applies for a job because they want it and a person who applies for a job because they have to. I have hired and fired people before and if a person came in from an online application and didnt even have a copy of there resume I would humor them with an interview but they would certainly not get the job. The job interview is when you sell yourself to the employer you dont make a good sales pitch they will look elsewhere even if it is a dish washing job.
I've worked in restaurants. All they want from the a dishwasher is to know that you're reliable, you'll show up to work and do your job, you'll get along with others, and you won't steal from them. So convince them of that.
Quote by ne14t
There is a difference between a person who applies for a job because they want it and a person who applies for a job because they have to. I have hired and fired people before and if a person came in from an online application and didnt even have a copy of there resume I would humor them with an interview but they would certainly not get the job. The job interview is when you sell yourself to the employer you dont make a good sales pitch they will look elsewhere even if it is a dish washing job.

I've gotten multiple busboy jobs before and I didn't need a resume.
Quote by ne14t

well if i apply online i apply with my resume, i dont bring my resume as they should already have read it, and have it.

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by JimmyBanks6
edited for truth.

Think you may have missed the joke there bud. Read his post again
If you dont get the job or don't think the interview went well, don't worry about it too much or get pretty depressed like i did.
No endeavour rivals science in its incremental progress towards a more complete understanding of the observable universe.
Well, the resume is a little pitiful, seeing as I've never had a job before. But that was noted in the online application. Also, what to wear? Polo shirt? Are jeans (NOT ripped) too casual? Shoes?
Quote by carlos_almighty
Also, what to wear? Polo shirt? Are jeans (NOT ripped) too casual? Shoes?

You should either wear a polo or a button up. Don't wear jeans, you want to make the best impression you can, so wear black/gray dress pants or khakis. And try to wear a pair of plain black shoes if you have some.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by nigeltheginger
Think you may have missed the joke there bud. Read his post again

You honestly think i thought his post was legit?

oh boi....

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Polo shirt or anything with a collar would be good. Nice jeans would be fine probably too. It's not like you're applying to be the sommelier at a Michelin 3-star restaurant.
Quote by JayT44
You should either wear a polo or a button up. Don't wear jeans, you want to make the best impression you can, so wear black/gray dress pants or khakis. And try to wear a pair of plain black shoes if you have some.

Would black slip-on Vans work, or do they have to be fancier shoes?
Quote by carlos_almighty
Would black slip-on Vans work, or do they have to be fancier shoes?

for an interview for a dishwasher, thats fine, so long they arent multi coloured.

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by ne14t

As a dishwasher, you only need three qualities:

- Punctuality, so the dishes get cleaned on time.
- Reliability, so the dishes get cleaned every time.
- Attention to detail, so the dishes aren't dirty.

These are qualitative measures that can only be explained by the applicant in person with honesty and eye contact so that the employer can know on the spot whether the applicant is bullshitting or not.

p.s. are you from Greece? trololololo
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie