Hey guys,

I've written an song an uploaded it as an mp3 to my profile. It is just a start and I have some basic bass and drum tracks to go along with it.

Just wanted to receive some comments and criticism on what I have so far.

Any comments are greatly appreciated.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/%29v%28egaFan90/

And oh yeah, I don't have any good recording software so I had to put it all into Tuxguitar just so I could upload what I wrote.
People don't really go to heaven when they die. They're taken to a special place and burned - Sherlock Holmes

Your authority is not recognized in Fort Kickass!

It's not like bullshit, more like poetry.
Last edited by )v(egaFan90 at Oct 19, 2011,
Hey guys.

A slightly updated version of my intro has been made. After comments of it sounding too much like Orion, I have altered it so I feel it no longer sounds too much like it.

As of right now, I am a little stuck on where to progress; but please give me any comments on how you feel about the intro so far. Just follow the below link.

Untitled Intro
People don't really go to heaven when they die. They're taken to a special place and burned - Sherlock Holmes

Not sure where to go with it but I'm not keen on the bass line where it does the run down, it sounds a bit to happy for the rest of the tune. This is just my opinion though and it might be partly to do with the midi sound.
Yeah, I think it might have to do with the midi sound as well. I can fool around with the scale to make it sound a bit darker too. Thanks for commenting!

Yeh it sounds like you're using the E major scale on the run down for the bass, is that right?
That's right. An E minor run doesn't fit so well, though. I'm not sure, I'll have to mess around with it.

Last edited by )v(egaFan90 at Oct 31, 2011,
Cool but like I said that's just my opinion and it might sound very different with real instruments, you could always try pentatonic or maybe some other mode/scale. I would shut up but you've got me interested now
No, I appreciate your comments. No one has responded to me thus far and all I wanted was a few comments.

Ya, I haven't tried a pentatonic run yet. That could work.

Quote by )v(egaFan90
No, I appreciate your comments. No one has responded to me thus far and all I wanted was a few comments.

Ya, I haven't tried a pentatonic run yet. That could work.

You might get more yet, I think it's like certain folk come on at certain times so it depends when they're about.

I think it might be because it starts off kinda modal, no 3rds then the bass comes along and adds this extra major into the mix. What's that last chord you're sticking on the end?
Quote by Twidler
What's that last chord you're sticking on the end?

Here's what it looks like. Measure 8 is the one in question. The top bar is the clean guitar and the bottom bar is the bass guitar.

Last edited by )v(egaFan90 at Nov 1, 2011,
Looking at it you've got a C major and B major I think coming down and the bass is playing the E major scale. Now I'm getting confused lol. It's good though, I did all this theory stuff but hardly ever use it so this is really making me think. I'll have to do a fair bit of it yet though before I can say anymore but your tune's catchy. Maybe one of these other folk will come along in the meantime but I'll be back.
Thanks a lot man