My amp has a 1/4" "preamp out" in the back. I'm confused as to what I can do with this. I'd like to use the amp's internal speaker paired with an external 1x12 cab for a lil more volume, is there a simple way I can do this? It has a "speaker out" but it cuts out the amp's speaker. Can I use the preamp out to do this? If not, what the hell does the preamp out do?
preamp out can be sent to a PA (for bad sound) or similar.

you can also use it for recording. the scream aim fire cover in my profile was done with preamp out and a cab impulse.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Yeah preamp out is not nearly enough to drive a speaker. The best way you could use it with another cab would be to buy a poweramp and pair it with that. I'm surprised your amp doesn't have a "Poweramp In" jack - that way, you can use it as an effects loop.
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
It'll go to the pa but it won't go to a cab? Damn it. Ok, I think I finally get it. Its only function is to run straight into the mixer for recording purposes. But the sound quality this method produces is inferior to mic'ing. I have mic's, thus, the "preamp out" is just a hole in the back of my amp. I'm curious as to why they'd put it on there if that was the only function and it performed its function that badly. Oh well, thanks
Quote by barden1069
Yeah preamp out is not nearly enough to drive a speaker. The best way you could use it with another cab would be to buy a poweramp and pair it with that. I'm surprised your amp doesn't have a "Poweramp In" jack - that way, you can use it as an effects loop.

I was thinkin' maybe it was a weird name for effects loop, but yeah, no return. Oh well, less than $200(us) for single channel 25w (seems closer to 15w) tube amp, I still like it
If it has preamp out and in, you can use it as your effects loop. Otherwise, what everyone else said.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Quote by lucky1978
But the sound quality this method produces is inferior to mic'ing

Not necessarily.

If you don't have access to good mics, or know what you're doing with said mics, using an impulse would be much preferable. Not to mention, you don't have to crank the amp to get it to sound good on the recording
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
If it doesn't have a poweramp in to complement the preamp out, it's more like a slave out, like on the Mesa Mark series. They're mean to run into another amps poweramp in.

Some amps have an effects loop in a single jack, check your manual to see if that isn't the case.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Quote by greeny23
you could put pencils into it?

No. Cigarettes.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
recording would probably be the most useful thing you can do with it. just make sure to use a cab impulse of some sort with it
my stuff:
schecter c-1+
ibanez rg3exfm1
schecter avenger 7-string with emgs
esp/ltd mh-50
peavey 6505+ 112 combo
tc electronic polytune
way huge green rhino
mxr micro flange
mxr smart gate
dunlop crybaby