Poll: Have you seen your favourite band live?
Poll Options
View poll results: Have you seen your favourite band live?
Yes
179 64%
No
101 36%
Voters: 280.
Page 1 of 5
My Dad just told me he's getting me a ticket to see Alter Bridge at Wembley Arena next month!
It'll be the third time i've seen them live. The first time was coincidentally a year ago today (20/10 2010) at Rock City in Nottingham and the second time was at this years Download Festival.

AB have said that the gig at Wembley will be the highlight of their career, and i'm going to be there! I'M SO EXCITED.

Black Stone Cherry will be there too, also one of my favourite bands.

I'm a happy bunny and wanted to share.

So, have you guys ever seen your favourite band live?
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Congrats man, hope you have fun.

And yeah, I saw my favourite band. August 23rd 2007. Great day.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Got to see Metallica just a couple weeks after my 18th birthday.

Shit was SOOO cash.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Iron Maiden were my favourite band when I saw them like 4 years ago. My current favourite band is Faith No More and I haven't seen them.
Saw Streetlight Manifesto a couple of months ago. Had been wanting to go to one of their concerts but never could.
Sounds good I saw Iron Maiden at the M.E.N in Manchester a few months ago. They were f*cking amazing.
You cannot choose the little time you're given in this world. You enter bare and unclothed, provided only with intelligence enough to choose how you spend your time. You always have a choice. Always. Though be warned, your choice can rarely be undone
Yes. It was a few weeks ago and it'll probably be the one and only time
Check out my band Disturbed
Aye,

Was intense. Played my favourite album start to finish too which was even better.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by StewieSwan
Yes. It was a few weeks ago and it'll probably be the one and only time

I want to say.....Wintersun?
Three times. And judging by the way the recent support acts have been, that'll be it. At least for a while. I'm not shelling out that amount of money this year for 3 shit acts and an awesome one.
Queen + Paul Rodgers live at Wembley Arena in '08. Best gig I have ever seen.

Closely followed by Magnum in '05 and '09 and Bruce Springsteen in '09.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
I missed my chance and probably won't get another for ages
R/DedIT
The Glitch Mob

Arkasia

Tool

Quote by madbasslover
I'd pay four bucks to have those 6 balls stuffed in my mouth.
Seen Soulive twice. Hope to catch them a third time.

EDIT:
Also Muse, Rush, Queen & Paul Rogers, and Philip Sayce. I just need to catch Zeppelin (time machine required).
language
jazyk
kieli
язык
العربية

My Tumblr: Lots of artist recommendations, album reviews, and ideas about music (as well as some film and bike stuff).

Go Sharks! Go Wings! Go Flyers! Go Kings!
Last edited by kaptkegan at Oct 19, 2011,
Fave band is Led Zeppelin and well being born in the 80s nope I didn't have the privileged of seeing them perform live. Second fave band is Pink Floyd and I saw Roger Water's do DSOM in 2007 and that was an epic concert, for the whole show there was an inflatable pig and astronaut floating around the arena. The Pink Floyd experience has been the best show so far and I have seen a HUGE line up of artists.
2011 Gibson Honeyburst LP Trad. w/ SD Whole Lotta Humbuckers
2014 Gibson Ocean Water Standard Plus
Marshall Haze 15W Head/Cab
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
No, since Guns N Roses broke up back when i was just a baby, I have seen Axl's tribute band though
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Quote by blake1221
I want to say.....Wintersun?

THA. I'd love to see Wintersun, but they've never even left Europe.
I don't have a specific "favorite band" but I have seen most of my favorites live, some multiple times. I'm seeing Balance and Composure for the second time tonight actually, and they definitely qualify as one of my favorites.
Never got to see Ozzy-Sabbath, but I saw Dio-Sabbath, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, and Blind Guardian. I honestly don't care if I never go to a show again. Those four bands live are inspiring enough for me.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
many times, not always the same band.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Yeah I've seen Queens of the Stone Age, the Black Keys and Minus the Bear live. All were such awesome shows
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
I saw The Gaslight Anthem for the first time on the 22/10/2010 at Southampton Guildhall. I was ill as fuck, but I still made the journey and shouted along to all the songs, which resulted in me not being able to talk for three days. Good times.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Quote by StewieSwan
THA. I'd love to see Wintersun, but they've never even left Europe.

Oh, I thought so, but you said it'd be the only time. THA are still together and touring though dude.
I've seen Coheed & Cambria twice, but the first time was a festival set at Download festival and the other time they were supporting Deftones. So no headline shows and they probably won't come to the UK again until their next album is released a long time from now. But I met them at a signing tent before I saw them live the first time which was awesome, so I guess that cancels out the no-headlining thing
Spin round carousel
When your horse isn't screwed in

I II III VI:1 VI:2
back in 2005 when iron maiden was my favorite band i saw them.
last year i saw blind guardian which was then my #1 (they still technically are, but i have a lot of bands tied for first place)

i wanna see alter bridge
whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Quote by EJD
Reminds me of that drunkard who ran out of beer... he was so desperate, he drank furniture polish.

He came to a horrible end... but a beautiful finish.
Quote by blake1221
Oh, I thought so, but you said it'd be the only time. THA are still together and touring though dude.

I spent a while talking to each of them after the show, and Dean said it was fortunate I came to the show, because they're pretty much done touring after this.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YOU SONOFABITCH WHY WOULD YOU TELL ME THAT.

This is especially tragic news, as when I saw them recently, I showed up late and only saw them play Digital Veil.

Fuck.
I've seen Paul McCartney, Roger Daltrey and Streetlight Manifesto live, so I guess you could say i've seen some of my favorites live
Gear
-Fender HSS MiM Deluxe Strat
-Guitar Research T30r Tube amp
Boss Overdrive/Distortion OS-2
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss BF-2 Flanger
SKB PS-8 8-Port 9VDC Powered Pedalboard
Ovation Applause AE-128
Manuel Rodriguez Caballero 11
My first concert was my favorite band at the time.
As for my current favorite, I had a chance but I couldn't get a ride to the show.
Last edited by 37 Narwhals at Oct 19, 2011,
Saw WILD FLAG last week, seein' the Pixies next week. Those are definitely favs.

GOOD MONTH.
Quote by StewieSwan
I spent a while talking to each of them after the show, and Dean said it was fortunate I came to the show, because they're pretty much done touring after this.

Say it ain't true

Digital Veil is a masterpiece.

I'm so glad I got to see them with Travis, but I really like what I've heard of Ryan with them.
Quote by blake1221
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YOU SONOFABITCH WHY WOULD YOU TELL ME THAT.

This is especially tragic news, as when I saw them recently, I showed up late and only saw them play Digital Veil.

Fuck.

Well, don't be too down, they might change their minds

Quote by TheAbsentOne
Say it ain't true

Digital Veil is a masterpiece.

I'm so glad I got to see them with Travis, but I really like what I've heard of Ryan with them.

Ryan eats Travis for breakfast.
Last edited by StewieSwan at Oct 19, 2011,
Got to see Less Than Jake supported by Zebrahead last november - good times
Guitars
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Ibanez DTX-120
Yamaha APX-500
Encore Fender Copy (Custom Hardware)
Epiphone Flying V Bass

Amps
Fender FM 25 DSP