ok so my vox ad50 valvetronix amp has stopped working. i plug it in all the lights turn on but i cant hear any sound come out with my guitar plugged in. the only time i can hear the sound come out is when i lean it for ward a bit in that position i played and it just depends cuz if i move around the power cable (which i already replaced) it works sometimes help?
It might sound dumb, but have you tried diff guitar cables?

I bought a new amp once, because I thought mine went bad. I had a brand new Guitar cable , so that couldn't be it. WRONG!!! Thats when I learned "NEW" is just a word and means nothing.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
actually i have a smaller little amp and it works perfectly so its not that
if you have to lean a certain way for it to work, then the 1/4 inch input in the amp is probably screwy, meaning that conductivity is bad between the cable and the input in the amp
mmm maybe i dont mean to sound stubborn but i think its something to do with the power part. because sometimes it doesnt power my speaker up unless i lean it a certain way, like if its just normal all the interface powers up but i never hear my speaker power up. then if i lean it i can hear the speaker turn on but the interface n lights always turn on?
will it work with head phones all the time,or does it do the same thing?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
It's the input. I had a VT30 that did that to me. If you bought it new then you can send it to Vox and they'll fix it. I dunno about used.
actually i dont have headphones to check it but actually im thinking it actually might be the input jack 1/4. because ive had it replaced a year ago and it actually might be that.
maybe the wires connecting the speaker came loose? sometimes they are just a clip connected without solder to a tab on the speaker.
Egnater Tweaker 40
Yamaha s412
Vox AC4TV
Fender Blues Jr. VIII

Fender MIM Jazzmaster
Fender MIM Telecaster
Ibanez GAX70
Ibanez VBT700
Epiphone Les Paul jr.
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute

Various Effects
yea i bought it used and got it replaced for 50$$ 2 years ago. but i found the guy on craiglist and he worked out of his garage. so idk how im a get it fixed now :/
Just take it to a music store, have them look at it. When my amp did that, I tried to fix it myself, and made it a lot worse, so don't try that. It's not a part that's easily fixed. Especially because of the awkward layout inside the amp.
u can open up the back panel and just take a look at it. cant hurt just to look and u might find the problem. if he did solder it he probably did a crappy job and it came loose.
Egnater Tweaker 40
Yamaha s412
Vox AC4TV
Fender Blues Jr. VIII

Fender MIM Jazzmaster
Fender MIM Telecaster
Ibanez GAX70
Ibanez VBT700
Epiphone Les Paul jr.
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute

Various Effects
Last edited by voltafan485 at Oct 19, 2011,
yea im not gonna try to open it up myself or nothing cuz to get to all the juicy stuff inside the amp is a b#$% haha. but i think ill take it to the music store but they charge me like 35$ just to look at it -___-

but yea im pretty posotive its the input now thanks for the help such a relief knowing whats wrong with it
It's almost certainly the cable but it could be the input jack as well. Try a different cable and also try simply cleaning the jack. Spray a bit of contact cleaner onto a plug and work it in and out of the socket a few times.
If that fails, take it to a tech that actually knows what he's doing.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification