http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butcherbirds

so i've got two of these little fuckers in the trees over my backyard. they're very aggressive and swoop whenever they get the chance. and their beaks fucking hurt. they've even gone for next door's wife while she was carrying her baby.

what's a good idea for getting rid of them? i'm in an urban environment, so a .22 isn't the answer. and in australia you need a firearms permit to get an air rifle, which i don't have.

ideas?
Get a cat.

Then it's like 'nature v nature' so there's no guilt...but if the cat gets out of hand buy a Dog.
yo.

I BELIEVE
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
Get a cat.

Then it's like 'nature v nature' so there's no guilt...but if the cat gets out of hand buy a Dog.

and then get a goat to kill the dog, and a cow to kill the goat, and a horse to kill the cow, and then so on? i'm going to have a lot of animal corpses in my backyard at this rate.

Quote by Dirge Humani
Introduce a Bakerbird and a Candlestickmaker bird.

that's a decent idea actually. only problem is that they swoop when you're not looking, and they do it so silently you don't even realise until they're about 10 centimetres away from you.
Pellet gun, or if you are too humane to be a vicious killer then feed em some bird food mixed with that drano foam powder, game - set - match!
2011 Gibson Honeyburst LP Trad. w/ SD Whole Lotta Humbuckers
2014 Gibson Ocean Water Standard Plus
Marshall Haze 15W Head/Cab
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
Quote by NakedInTheRain
and then get a goat to kill the dog, and a cow to kill the goat, and a horse to kill the cow, and then so on? i'm going to have a lot of animal corpses in my backyard at this rate.

No you won't because you can isolate and starve the dog to death.
yo.

I BELIEVE
A picture says a thousand words.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by RU Experienced?
Fucked it up.
Fixed
Quote by Tom 1.0
A picture says a thousand words.
true
ggg1 ggg3

Last edited by behind_you at Oct 19, 2011,
slingshot assuming they're legal in australia

Last edited by So-Cal at Oct 19, 2011,
Quote by madbasslover
Feed them poisoned bird seed.

i was thinking this...but i'd feel bad. i'd rather something that does the job quickly and painlessly. like shooting them out of the tree with a 12 guage and bashing their heads in with my maglite.

charming, i know
Sniper pellet gun.

It probably won't kill them, but they may just learn their lesson eventually.
Quote by NakedInTheRain
i was thinking this...but i'd feel bad. i'd rather something that does the job quickly and painlessly. like shooting them out of the tree with a 12 guage and bashing their heads in with my maglite.

charming, i know

Lemme give you some advice, son. No general ever won a war with that pussy ass "oh but I don't want it to hurt" shit.

The gloves are off, now do you want these birds dead or not?
Quote by NakedInTheRain
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butcherbirds

so i've got two of these little fuckers in the trees over my backyard. they're very aggressive and swoop whenever they get the chance. and their beaks fucking hurt. they've even gone for next door's wife while she was carrying her baby.

what's a good idea for getting rid of them? i'm in an urban environment, so a .22 isn't the answer. and in australia you need a firearms permit to get an air rifle, which i don't have.

ideas?

air pistol, not rifle?
Nuclear Dominance is the real answer.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Quote by madbasslover
Lemme give you some advice, son. No general ever won a war with that pussy ass "oh but I don't want it to hurt" shit.

The gloves are off, now do you want these birds dead or not?

Shit son I would hate to be the owner of the dog that shit all over your lawn! But I agree with you 100%
2011 Gibson Honeyburst LP Trad. w/ SD Whole Lotta Humbuckers
2014 Gibson Ocean Water Standard Plus
Marshall Haze 15W Head/Cab
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
is there no animal control or animal resque around that will do something with them.
Quote by hawk5211
air pistol, not rifle?

same deal. gotta have a permit for a pistol.
Quote by Sign of War
is there no animal control or animal resque around that will do something with them.

not really, unfortunately. they'll just recommend ways to co-exist with them.

but i'm a red-blooded human, i can't possibly co-exist with any form of nature.
Last edited by NakedInTheRain at Oct 19, 2011,
man just read the wiki and the impale there prey and then eat them...thats ****ing brutal i bet they sing cannibal corpse bird songs XD
go for the obvious solution and butcher them.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
I swear everything Australia tries to kill you.
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
with butcherknives?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by madbasslover
Feed them poisoned bird seed.

he'd probably end up taking out a lot of other birds too though, which isn't a good idea.

call animal control or something and see if they have any ideas
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
We had some birds like that. We just knocked the nest down and they left. They did come back the next year though, or the same type of bird anyway and build a nest in the same place. I guess you could give it a try and see what happens. Or you could try and catch them and let them go somwere far away if you didn't want to hurt them.