Poll: Which Electric-Acoustic Guitar?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which Electric-Acoustic Guitar?
Yamaha APX500II
1 33%
Yamaha FX370C
2 67%
Voters: 3.
First Acoustic Guitar. Please Don't make any more suggestions and I don't care if they both "suck" compared to other high-end acoustics. Which one?
the 370 doesn't actually suck - it compares pretty well. the apx unplugged sounds cardboardy.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
I would say the APX500II because when I had an original 500 it played awesome. I will, however, will give you some advice although you don't want it. Check out the APX700, for $200 more you can have a significantly better guitar. Pickups in the 700 will blow your mind compared to the simple piezo in the 500. Hope this helps!
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
hmm... this is a job for patticake. no yamaha dealer around me to go out and try them both. patticake is all knowing when it comes to yamahas. not many guitars suck when it comes to working your way up. its unfair and vain for some of us to tell you to spend more because we were stupid enough to prostitute out our prized Llamas and sell the wheels off our girlfriends cars to buy stupidly expensive ones.....or is that just me? not sure yamaha makes a "bad" one. either should make you very happy.
Quote by stepchildusmc
hmm... this is a job for patticake. no yamaha dealer around me to go out and try them both. patticake is all knowing when it comes to yamahas. not many guitars suck when it comes to working your way up. its unfair and vain for some of us to tell you to spend more because we were stupid enough to prostitute out our prized Llamas and sell the wheels off our girlfriends cars to buy stupidly expensive ones.....or is that just me? not sure yamaha makes a "bad" one. either should make you very happy.

You really can't go wrong with Yamaha. I grew up using vintage red labels all the way to folk-style laminates to their top shelf CPX1200s (never owned one but played extensively). Their quality never seems to dwindle even from their starter packs, and they last years, literally. My dad's old FG360 he bought brand new in the 70s still plays like it did 40 years ago, but it is seriously in need of some new frets
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
I have the F370, it is my beginner-level acoustic and I've never tried any others. In my classical guitar class (there's about 10 of us), I think it sounds quite bright compared to the others (although some are proper nylon classical) and I think it looks rather good visually.

Of course I could get a better sounding and more expensive one but I don't ahev any grumbles with it at all.

AshersUK
Quote by AshersUK
I have the F370, it is my beginner-level acoustic and I've never tried any others. In my classical guitar class (there's about 10 of us), I think it sounds quite bright compared to the others (although some are proper nylon classical) and I think it looks rather good visually.

Of course I could get a better sounding and more expensive one but I don't ahev any grumbles with it at all.

AshersUK

so you haven't tried the apx500ii
i used to play classical guitar, went straight to electric because i didn't like the sound. I now want an electric acoustic guitar because you can't get an acoustic sound out of a "JB SH-4" Guitar or an "Invader" Guitar