I'm looking for a new set of pickups for my Fender MIM Jazz. It's not necessarily that I'm seeking a new tone, but my bridge crapped out on me and I need a replacement. (It's been looked at twice to no avail.) While my neck pup isnt necessarily bad, I figure theres always rooom for impovement while I'm at it.

I'm looking for something around $100-120 for a set and needs to be easily avalible (no custom windings for me.) These need to be rather versatile, as I play in a jazz band, along with your average teenage rock-n-roll (everything from classic rock to a little metal, alternative, etc.) Neck should be a bit thumpy (think p-bass) and bridge should be a bit on the zingy side. I really don't know much about pickups so I need a little help. Bands that you could look at tonally for direction include Led Zeppelin, Muse, Switchfoot, Guns N' Roses, and any sterotypical pop-punkish music you could throw at it.

Some pickups I've been looking at:
Dimarzio Area J's
Dimarzio Model J's
Bartolini 91J's
Fender Noiseless Jazz (I really haven't looked at these, but they seem similar to the Area J's)

I play through a GK MB115 combo, and occasionally run through a EHX Bass Big Muff.

Any input you have would be great, thanks!
I pride myself on my humility.
Dimarzio Model Js are epic - but they have a very different sound to other J pickups - really thick sound that work really well in a band, the neck pickup solo'd sounds almost bang on P-bass.
Current Gear:

Warwick Thumb BO 4
Musicman "StatusRay" Stingray 4 - Carbon Fibre Neck
Musicman Stingray 5 HH
Sadowsky MV4 Jazz

Markbass LittleMark II
AccuGroove Tri12l
Sansamp VT Bass
Line6 BassPodXT Live

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
From your list, I'd go with the Bartolini pickups.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by FatalGear41
From your list, I'd go with the Bartolini pickups.

This.

I've just put a PJ set in my Fender and, my God, they sound good.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Are the Fenders you're looking at the plain noiseless or the SCN? I've got the SCNs in one of my basses, they're pretty decent but lack a bit in the top end. I don't think they were meant to be used as a stand-alone passive pickup, rather paired with an active preamp.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Right now I'm debeating between the Model J and the Barts. I wont be doing jazz for much longer, so that's not so much of a factor as long as I can get a passable jazz tone for a couple months. I heard the Barts have somewhat of a low output, and that worries me that I won't get enough "oomph" at times, but for all I know I can dial that in or out. Any more suggestions? I know MF has spectacular customer service so I can always return them, but I need to figure ou which to get first.
I pride myself on my humility.
I would say the Model J in the bridge and a Ultra Jazz in neck for the P-bass like tone.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
I'm an EMG *****, so of course I'm gonna recommend those. BUT....... the dimarzios and the barts would be worth a look. Also remember that big muffs sometimes dont agree with active basses, don't ask me why.
Quote by Bass First
Rump, a P-bass delivers a rump in the sound such that, similar to the rump on an African American woman, it is the highlight of the tone.