Poll: Do you assume the worst of people?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you assume the worst of people?
Yes, anyone who asks for money is going to buy drugs.
17 44%
No, everyone loves me.
22 56%
Voters: 39.
Hey so I am trying to overcome stage nervousness on stage, as well as nervousness with my band who I currently have feelings of inferiority and nervousness when I had this thought...Does everyone else assume the worst of other people or is it just me? I know I was raised mostly by my mom, who I hate to say, but she is very negative and always assumes the worst of everyone. I think a lot of this rubbed off on me, so when I'm writing with my band or playing live I'm like just thinking about all the bad things everyone could be thinking and not focused on what I need to be doing which I rocking out...So leave your opinion...Does everyone think this or is it just me? because my bandmates for the most part are pretty relaxed in front of crowds and at practice...so
Danelectro 1959 reissue

Quote by G.Krizzel
Music is just wiggly air. Accept it or leave it.

Also please visit this thread and help me tab out an album!!!
thread.
Last edited by 801Current at Oct 19, 2011,
No, I expect the best of them.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Quote by DonGlover

This, but I also expect the best of myself.

Too bad many other people don't.(I mean expecting the best of themselves)
I try not to assume anything. Of course, when I meet new people they're going to make either a good or bad first impression. I've found that it usually doesn't matter, though -- a lot of people I initially dislike turn out to be pretty cool.
Yes, I do. But I also know that it is an assumption and that it can be wrong.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
I don't understand. You're nervous so you assume people are going to do... what exactly?
Bassed on the drunken things i was juste taklking aabout, yeah i seem to accarently be cynacal but true about poeple
Current Stage Gear
Ibanez 1987 RG550 Road Flare Red(66th one ever made)
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
Yeah, I still have yet to finish writing a song because of it. When I get near the end of one I'm proud of I start thinking what everyone else will think of it and end up scrapping it.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Jon777
I try not to assume anything. Of course, when I meet new people they're going to make either a good or bad first impression. I've found that it usually doesn't matter, though -- a lot of people I initially dislike turn out to be pretty cool.

Me too.
In those situations, yes I do, but I wouldn't say I expect the worst of people. It's basically preparing myself for disappointment in advance. Think of all the bad that can happen. That way, if the bad does happen you'll be like "okay knew it" and if it doesn't you'll be surprised at how awesome everything went.

EDIT: i'm positive about people, the above is some random shit that has nothing to do with what you said
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Last edited by bradulator at Oct 20, 2011,
Quote by DonGlover

Me too! but when people fail to meet my expectations I invite them over to my house where I eat lots of bacon in front of them and I don't let them have any.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Follow me on the tweet machine. I tweet about interesting things like the weather and what I ate for breakfast.
I do. Actually, I just hate people. Sociopath here. I also never finish a song because I end up thinking it sucks and people will hate it.
Gear:
PRS Tremonti
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper 1000
Fender Telecaster
B.C. Rich Warlock
Epiphone Goth SG
Randall RD200
Line 6 Spider IV 150
Innocent until proven guilty.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Quote by mustaine42
I do. Actually, I just hate people. Sociopath here. I also never finish a song because I end up thinking it sucks and people will hate it.

Sounds like self-confidence issues
I think it's time for a change.

Sig v5.0 (approximate)
Quote by mustaine42

>Sociopath

>Scared of peoples opinion of him

Really?