Page 1 of 2
A post earlier today about dog bites made me think of this...

This happened to me a couple of months ago: 3 or 4 times a week, I get up early (4:30am) and go for a run before work. One morning, as I was rounding a corner, a pit-bull charged me. I always carry mace, so I sprayed him right in the face. This seemed to piss him off more than anything, he circled, and came at me again. So again, I maced him. This happened a third time, and finally the owner came out and grabbed him.
My heart was beating so fast, I thought it was going to explode. The trip back home was uneasy, because I was so paranoid. I hadn't been that scared since I was a little kid.

So, what real-life scary stories do any of you have?
I'd like to help, but not as much as I'd like not to.

"To be successful, you need to be a good musician. To be popular, you just need to be fashionable" - Ritchie Blackmore
Nearly fell off the A frame at work. Was about a 50 foot drop. Was scared shitless.
Sail upon the open skies
I can't really remember the last time I was genuinely afraid
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
I'm not sure when I was truly scared s**tless but my heart skips a beat when crap drivers cut right in front of me and I have to break suddenly.
A few weeks ago, my friend and I decided to go and wander into a state park after it had closed. This is generally no biggie, and we do it a lot. It's peaceful, we aren't destructive. Generally there are good times for all involved. In any case, when we got back there, deep into the park it began to rain. The rain, coupled with the night and the lack of light pollution from the state park made it much more unusually dark than it ordinarily was.

Well we got to a parking lot, and something was on a curb, and we couldn't identify what it was, so we continued on our path past it. Then it moved.

It was a person. A fairly large guy.

I wasn't sure if it was a ranger, and since we were trespassing, I wasn't going to act hostile. He moved aside and there was another shape behind him, and it was a smaller girl. As it turns out, it was a couple doing the same thing we were doing. They wound up dancing in the rain. It made me miss my girlfriend.

In any instance, I have never run into another person late at night in one of our local parks, and that made me so scared until I realized they were like us. Our area has also had an increased problem with vagrancy. That also made me nervous.

Normally I don't get fight or flighty, but I did then.

Quote by \m/Death\m/
Lawwwwl..... I think it was the last time I got busted for pot... Just cause i got in huge trouble... lol.
But last time I was seriously scared shitless it was for somebody else, there was this woman and her husband was screaming at her and hitting her right outside the Rexall Place in Edmonton, right after my System of a Down concert, and he had broken a glass bottle and was coming at her and then the cops came.... I was almost in tears for this woman. Thank god she was ok.

I'm such a sucker, but I think I would have helped her.
I've decided that my signature is terrible. I'm open to suggestions.

Click me, or I'll die.

# Un-nominated in UG Top 100,
Last edited by Bushinarin at Oct 20, 2011,
Lawwwwl..... I think it was the last time I got busted for pot... Just cause i got in huge trouble... lol.
But last time I was seriously scared shitless it was for somebody else, there was this woman and her husband was screaming at her and hitting her right outside the Rexall Place in Edmonton, right after my System of a Down concert, and he had broken a glass bottle and was coming at her and then the cops came.... I was almost in tears for this woman. Thank god she was ok.
I reckon about a year ago;
I was walking around at midnight and I decided to cut through a school soccer field, and as I was walking I saw a shadow to the right of my own shadow growing larger and larger but I couldn't hear anything, so I stopped, and wouldn't you know it the other shadow stopped too. So as like in any good horror movie I make the wise decision to turn around and BAM nothing there!

Because the school down the way had some big ol' lamp-posts plus the lights down the street were giving me 2 shadows. Felt like a dweeb, but damn, in that pre-discovery moment did I ever feel certain I was about to be shanked.

edit: \m/death\m/ ... 780 represent !?
Last edited by CorvetteRick at Oct 20, 2011,
Quote by CorvetteRick
I reckon about a year ago;
I was walking around at midnight and I decided to cut through a school soccer field, and as I was walking I saw a shadow to the right of my own shadow growing larger and larger but I couldn't hear anything, so I stopped, and wouldn't you know it the other shadow stopped too. So as like in any good horror movie I make the wise decision to turn around and BAM nothing there!

Because the school down the way had some big ol' lamp-posts plus the lights down the street were giving me 2 shadows. Felt like a dweeb, but damn, in that pre-discovery moment did I ever feel certain I was about to be shanked.

Nothing like being scared of nothing, huh?

"To be successful, you need to be a good musician. To be popular, you just need to be fashionable" - Ritchie Blackmore
This is going to sound really ridiculous but bare with me

When I was in film school we did a shoot where we rented a RED cam( worth about $40,000) and while doing a handheld tracking shot, the guy leading the camera operator pushed him a little too hard and he bailed into the ground. I almost collapsed at the idea of having to pitch on replacing it if it was broken, no joke.

Thankfully the camera was fine because the camera guy basically did a half-barrel roll in order to use his head to protect the cam from hitting the ground, shook him up pretty good.
Quote by richwatkinson
haha You pwned an entire website....i bow down...

TheDudeBox
Last edited by Brandon860 at Oct 20, 2011,
Quote by Weaponized
I actually can't remember.

Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop Silverburst (Invader/'59)
-Ovation ApplauseAE44II Elite Black Acoustic

Amps/Cabs
-Peavey 6505+ Head
Orange PPC2x12 Cab Black
-Behringer Ultracoustic ACX450 1x8 Acoustic Combo

Wayyyyy too many effects pedals...
Getting held up in a park at night by 8 lads with knifes when I was 16... They were all off their head on eccies or something. And yeah, I had to change into hostile mode, act crazy and get naked to get them running.

Half of that is true... : S
Last edited by Mr.-Bungle at Oct 20, 2011,
3 years ago. I got caught under water in a pretty strong current for what seemed like forever. For a second, I thought I was going to die
Quote by Mr.-Bungle
Getting held up in a park at night by 8 lads with knifes when I was 16... They were all off their head on eccies or something. And yeah, I had to change into hostile mode, act crazy and get naked to get them running.

Half of that is true... : S

eccies?
When lightning hit right outside our house. I was awoken by a blinding white flash and a deafening sound. I'm not usually one to get that scared, but being kicked out of deep sleep around 3am by lightning kind of scared me primally. It's hard to explain, but it was an animal fear rather than a human one.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by Lulzcifer
when russell sped off on his bike and i said RUSSELL WHAT THE ****!

Russell what the **** reference?

You niggas need to stop all this lurking shit.
Last time I was truly freaked out it was when I was meeting my buddy in a field at 2am about 4 months ago, it's pitch black and no lights are on and the parking lot near the field is a common place for drug deals to go down.

My buddy decided he would sneak up on me from behind and make a run at me when he was about 6 feet away, I don't hear him until he's starts his run at me. So of course I spin around with my heart skipping a few beats as I turn thinking I'm about to get stabbed by a crack head or something.

My friend made 2 mistakes though, one he decided to jump in the air, and to run to the same side that I was turning towards. Now some of you may ask yourself what happens when a person catches a elbow with there face when running at full speed, well turns out they almost back flip and end up with a busted lip and a minor concussion.

I don't think my buddy is going to try that again lol
Quote by Lulzcifer
when russell sped off on his bike and i said RUSSELL WHAT THE ****!

LOL I FORGOT ABOUT THAT.

Faster Tom, run!!!
I've decided that my signature is terrible. I'm open to suggestions.

Click me, or I'll die.

# Un-nominated in UG Top 100,
At work, I realized someone forgot to bring in the garbage cans from the side of the street, so I go to get them. The bushes block me from seeing anyone coming from the sidewalk. I get halfway to the garbage cans when a black woman and man, in their 20's, are walking by. I was at the point where it would have looked too awkward if I turned an ran, so I breathed in deep and grabbed the garbage cans. As they walked by the woman looked at me and said "Hello". I said "Hello" back.

I hate working in the ghetto...
Quote by \m/Death\m/

Was the system concert you saw this year? If so I'm jealous, I was going to go but I had Rammstien later that week and I didn't feel like spending a week in Edmonton. Both bands promptly decided to skip Calgary
I have a moderate fear of heights. I went on this shady-looking ferris wheel at a carnival. It was alright, until the thing broke down briefly when I'm at the highest point....
Cost accounting examination just a few months ago. I was so sure I would do okay for the paper, but the paper ****ed everyone up. I was sitting there, doing the paper and shitting bricks at the same time.

Thankfully I think enough people did bad enough for the exam for me to do okay for it.
The split second I thought I forgot my keys at home after a two hour trip to my room.
Oh, you wouldn't want an angel watching over
Surprise, surprise, they wouldn't wanna watch
When I was diving and I spotted something that I didn't recognise out of the corner of my eye I got into a really defensive attitude and avoided it, but I think it was just an eel or octupus hanging out near a rock.

edit: oh and when I stood on something slimy and alive swimming at the beach, it jerked and shit so it really startled me.
yo.

I BELIEVE
Last edited by Teh Traineez0rz at Oct 20, 2011,
When I nearly got mugged a few months ago. Guy tried to grab my neck told me to give him my ipod. I ran for it. Completely alone in the middle of the night sprinting as hard as I could with a hostile stranger 1 metre behind me. 10 scariest seconds of my life until I realised I would get away.
It's silly but: I was riding my bike through the park and it started raining and got pretty dark all of a sudden. Then as I'm riding by, this old homeless man steps out from the bushes onto the path. Startled the hell outta me.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
2 nights ago, I was having a really hard time after smoking something. I became what I can only describe as schizo-paranoid. Most scared I've been in my life.
A fews years back a truck drove off the road, passed me in the dirt on the side of the road, then cut back in front of me and started rolling. It was close enough that dirt from the undercarriage of the truck hit my front window.

Then there was the whole throat cancer thing.
I accidentally smoked hallucinogens and thought I was gonna die.
I never wanted to trip, it seeming god awful to me the way people describe it, I'm too paranoid and like being functional when I'm high.

My heart felt like it was beating faster then possible (it was fast, but not as fast as I though) my face felt red, I couldn't stop shaking, I couldn't open my eyes and when I did I couldn't make out anything unless I concentrated.

don't do drugs.
About a year and a half ago, I was driving home in absolutely torrential rain. I'd rarely seen rain like it, you could hardly see it was that heavy. I go to take the motorway, and as I get near the end of the slip road, I noticed a big fat arse puddle; and if that wasn't bad enough, there was probably about 1cm of water all over the road anyway, because it was coming down faster than it could drain. As I hit this puddle (probably doing about 60mph) I just aquaplaned straight across two lanes and ended up in the middle lane with someone coming up behind who had to slow down.

It was weird because I hardly noticed at first, it happened so fast; one minute i'm on the slip road, the next minute i'm sat in the middle lane. There wasn't even any loss of control. Still shit me up though.
You cannot choose the little time you're given in this world. You enter bare and unclothed, provided only with intelligence enough to choose how you spend your time. You always have a choice. Always. Though be warned, your choice can rarely be undone
I always feel like I'm going to get run over when I cross the road because the drivers here suck.

Oh and it was raining pretty hard a few days ago and a tree branch fell and almost hit me. That was scary.
cat
Quote by maker's marked
A post earlier today about dog bites made me think of this...

This happened to me a couple of months ago: 3 or 4 times a week, I get up early (4:30am) and go for a run before work. One morning, as I was rounding a corner, a pit-bull charged me. I always carry mace, so I sprayed him right in the face. This seemed to piss him off more than anything, he circled, and came at me again. So again, I maced him. This happened a third time, and finally the owner came out and grabbed him.
My heart was beating so fast, I thought it was going to explode. The trip back home was uneasy, because I was so paranoid. I hadn't been that scared since I was a little kid.

So, what real-life scary stories do any of you have?

wat
Quote by Ahteh
wat

What's so hard to understand about this? It's dark, I live in a neighborhood that's a step or two above the hood, and I'm completely vulnerable to who/whatever decides that they want to make me a target.

If it weren't so big and awkward, I'd carry my .357.

Page 1 of 2