All drivers install except one that says usb audio, anyone got an Idea of a driver that could be used? Asio4all doesn't seem to pick it up.
Quote by Ericthegreat
All drivers install except one that says usb audio, anyone got an Idea of a driver that could be used? Asio4all doesn't seem to pick it up.

I was actually wondering if this would work. I bought that GuitarLink cable from Alesis and I can't get that to work either. I can get signal on laptop from guitar, but for some reason when it's plugged in it cuts all sound from my speakers. Not only can I not hear what I'm playing but I also can't hear anything else (iTunes, YouTube, etc). Figured I'd try the cable from the game but if you're having probs too I guess that's not an option. Wish I could help man, but thanks for starting this thread, I'm definately gonna keep an eye on it, hopefully someone has an answer.
Yea mostly everything installs except one driver so maybe someone else here knows a work around.
Quote by Agent51
I was actually wondering if this would work. I bought that GuitarLink cable from Alesis and I can't get that to work either. I can get signal on laptop from guitar, but for some reason when it's plugged in it cuts all sound from my speakers. Not only can I not hear what I'm playing but I also can't hear anything else (iTunes, YouTube, etc). Figured I'd try the cable from the game but if you're having probs too I guess that's not an option. Wish I could help man, but thanks for starting this thread, I'm definately gonna keep an eye on it, hopefully someone has an answer.

To me this sounds like when it's plugged in your computer automatically tries to make the sound input AND output through the usb. See if you can find a setting to change the sound output from the usb to speakers.

As for the rocksmith one.. I don't know sorry.
None prolly, unless you have software that recognizes the signal coming in through the USB as a input signal, then you prolly wont get it to work...I also hear that using those USB to 1/4th converter cables are horrible ideas and the don't work very well.

I'm only making assumptions though.
This is something I'm interested in as well. Audacity recognizes the cable and will record with it, but Studio One fails to open the microphone. I'd love to get it working so I can record better until I can get an AudioBox or something.
same here....guitar rig crashes every time i select the cable as the source...
Even if you do get it to work, I doubt it would sound great without having any pre-amp in between the guitar and your pc. If you could preamp your signal before it went through the cable i bet it would work, but at that point you might as well get an interface with some good mic pre's built in.
ESP Eclipse Standard Series W/ PRS Santana II Pickups
PRS SE Soapbar II
Peavey 5150 120w Head
Avatar 412 Traditional Cab(v30's+G12H30's)
Malekko, Rocktron, T-Rex and MXR/Dunlop pedals
I got it working I am just an idiot, sound alot better then direct line in on my pc, pretty much no buzz on clean and less (but still there) buzz on high gain/distorted vst (could also just be cause the amp it is modeling is this way).
Quote by Ericthegreat
I got it working I am just an idiot, sound alot better then direct line in on my pc, pretty much no buzz on clean and less (but still there) buzz on high gain/distorted vst (could also just be cause the amp it is modeling is this way).

how did you get it to work? what software?
no software just asio4all driver, came up as usb device, it does sound kinda artificial now that I used it more but maybe that is how all interface sound idk.
nice....I also think I got it to work....I see the action happening in the software as far was picking up the inputs, but I cant hear the sound from the speakers..

need to figure that out
Quote by ChrisBW
To me this sounds like when it's plugged in your computer automatically tries to make the sound input AND output through the usb. See if you can find a setting to change the sound output from the usb to speakers.

As for the rocksmith one.. I don't know sorry.

EXACTLY!!! I got a lightsnake a while back and had this exact problem. After a few hours of playing with it I found that it was outputting to the interface/cable. Changed the sound settings and got it working with MS Recorder anyway. The software from my Presonus Audiobox USB still had some issues with it. And it doesn't need any type of preamp, the cable has a built in soundcard that runs off the USB voltage and a computer doesn't need a signal that is amplified in order to be usable.
Oh, this is how I fixed that, you go on asio settings then you click usb, then you click the bottom right button for advanced settings oor w/e (the wrench), then you can click the + next to the brand of your audio card or w/e. then you click the little thing next to the audio card (make it light up) and also make it light up where w/e it says that means speakers (mine says line out) you'll prob have to do a bit of trial and error, you can then select your input as usb and speakers in output in your daw or w/e. Sorry for the jiberish, if you can't figure it out tell me why and I will make a video. (also anyone got an opinion on this cable?)