Hi everyone,
I'm new to the forum but I have been going to UG for tabs and have also been skimming through the forum for some research every now and again.
Now I have a question to which I could find an answer yet and I hope there is some people out there that can help me out.
So I have just recently, after using a Line 6 POD for many years, started putting together my own effect chain. Everything is going great except for one thing; the Wah wah.
Every Wah wah I have tried so far sucks tone and sustain and that is a total no go for me.
so if anyone knows any good true bypass wah wah's that don't cost too much (RMC's) please help me out...

peace
Last time I played, my Dunlop Crybaby didn't suck tone and sustain.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Quote by Sakke
Last time I played, my Dunlop Crybaby didn't suck tone and sustain.

false, the crybaby are one of the worst for tone suck. the worst are the vox ones.
mojostompboxes.com
I don't always use my Original Crybaby, but when I do.. it sucks my tone.

Music Man JPX 6
Ibanez RGT220H
Fender 50th Anniversary Deluxe Strat
93 Jackson Std Professional (Japan)
03 Gibson LP Special
Alvarez AD60SC

Mesa Single Rectifier/Mesa 4x12 cab
Mesa Transatlantic TA-15
Hughes & Kettner Triplex
bad horsie ii
Gear:
Peavey 6505 120W Head
Ibanez Rga32 (FOR SALE)
Laney Lv412a Cab(FOR SALE)
Soon To Get::
Boss DD20
Morley Bad Horsie II
Quote by greeny23
false, the crybaby are one of the worst for tone suck. the worst are the vox ones.

I thought he meant in the bypass mode.. like when the wah is off. I also thought that sucking tone when wah is on to be quite natural.. I don't really care much about that.. I actually think that it's always been that way and I like it.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Quote by Sakke
I thought he meant in the bypass mode.. like when the wah is off. I also thought that sucking tone when wah is on to be quite natural.. I don't really care much about that.. I actually think that it's always been that way and I like it.

i was talking about when they are off..
mojostompboxes.com
Quote by greeny23
i was talking about when they are off..

Oh well, then I guess my ears are tone-deaf. I don't really understand what it takes out.. I've tried a Crybaby on numerous amps and haven't really noticed anything different without them.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard

Last edited by Sakke at Oct 20, 2011,
I have a Dunlop Cry Baby and a Jen Cry Baby Super and I've never noticed tone suck from either of them! Maybe it's just my ears...... eh? pardon? what did you say? lol
Try putting a Crybaby in your chain with it hooked up to one of those Bypass boxes, and with the Crybaby off just toggle between True Bypass and the Crybaby's bypass... and you will find that they have a lot of suck. The original crybaby's are a great modding platform, but stock they lack a lot.

MXR CAE Wah gets my vote. I absolutely love them.
Quote by Ghold125
Fulltone Cylde Standard.

Oh yeah! I totally let that one slip my mind!

I had a Fulltone shortly a year or so ago, it was a great wah pedal. Very versatile and good for any style, I just sold it because the sound I liked most from it, was the same sound I got from my modded gcb95.
ok thanks everyone.
I guess true bypass comes at a price... I'll have to save up some money, because I agree that in a bigger effect chain the Crybaby DOES suck tone big time, and so do the cheaper Vox and Morley models, and even the Boss PW-10... tried all of them... same story every time.
I am going to check out the RMC, MXR MC-404 and the Fulltone Clyde then see what I like best.
Thanks again guys

peace