Hi everybody, first of all, I would like to apologise in advance for this thread as you see very similar ones all the time.
Basically, I would like to buy a practice amp that is quite versatile and has footswitch compatability.
I mostly play Metal, but play other styles as well such as Blues, Rock and occasionally
Jazz.
My budget is a maximum of $350 AUD and I don't have a job, nor will be able to get one for at least a couple of months.
I would also like for it to be loud enough to play with a drummer.
Thank you in advance.
I don't know how currency plays out in American dollars, but a Vypyr 30 can be had for cheap used.. Most of the time.

I'm unsure if the 30 watts can keep up with a drummer, but theres really no better option for you IMO.
Quote by TheAbsentOne
I don't know how currency plays out in American dollars, but a Vypyr 30 can be had for cheap used.. Most of the time.

I'm unsure if the 30 watts can keep up with a drummer, but theres really no better option for you IMO.

Thanks for the feedback!
Quote by Jackie Lawless
a line 6 spider series amp. good price, big sound.

I've played one of those and I don't really like it very much, but thanks for the feedback.
Quote by TheAbsentOne
Spider? No.

Those things are the AIDS of guitar amps.

So I've heard lol
I've played with a Fender Mustang (for you, i would get the II, it's 40w) at a local shop and you can get some nice tones out of it. Plus you can hook it up to a computer and do stuff with that(haven't personally tried that). You have to have a basic knowledge of how to use the EQ, but it only has Bass and High knobs. Tons of amp models through, the '59 Bassman is my favorite for cleans.

{EDIT}
For your budget, go for the III, it has 100w
Last edited by Sciacca at Oct 20, 2011,
Quote by Sciacca
I've played with a Fender Mustang (for you, i would get the II, it's 40w) at a local shop and you can get some nice tones out of it. Plus you can hook it up to a computer and do stuff with that(haven't personally tried that). You have to have a basic knowledge of how to use the EQ, but it only has Bass and High knobs. Tons of amp models through, the '59 Bassman is my favorite for cleans.

{EDIT}
For your budget, go for the III, it has 100w

Thanks, I'll have to look into that!
Quote by WantsLesPaul
Then our schools studio has AIDS

There's also an Engl Screamer 50 there, but this metal guy there is always like "spiderz the best man". I don't trust him.

Have him evaluated by a psych as soon as possible.

Or he may just be an imbecile.

I'm betting on the latter.

I'm so sorry to hear about your school

If it makes you feel better my school didn't have music stuff?
Another vote for the Vypyr. I've got the Vypyr 15 and it sounds better than amps i've played that are 3x it's price. One hell of a good amp for the money.
Quote by TheAbsentOne

I'm so sorry to hear about your school

If it makes you feel better my school didn't have music stuff?

This is actually the first time I'm in a school that has some decent stuff, like Ampeg SVT3 bass amp and cab, Gibson Les Paul Standard and a USA Fender Telecaster and the other stuff I mentioned
Bit hard to get anything decent with that budget in Australia but here's a couple from Ebay

Line6 Flextone. Don't confuse this with a Spider, it is far better.

Peavey Vyper 30

There's a VHT Classic 6 there in your pricerange. They are not a metal amp but a great little practice amp, basically a Fender Champ with a boost. You could use it as a clean platform and use pedals for your metal stuff. Great amp for everything else you play. It's the class act of the three amps.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Oct 20, 2011,
Quote by Cathbard
Bit hard to get anything decent with that budget in Australia but here's a couple from Ebay

Line6 Flextone. Don't confuse this with a Spider, it is far better.

Peavey Vyper 30

There's a VHT Classic 6 there in your pricerange. They are not a metal amp but a great little practice amp, basically a Fender Champ with a boost. You could use it as a clean platform and use pedals for your metal stuff. Great amp for everything else you play. It's the class act of the three amps.

Thank you for showing me these amps! I'm quite interested in the flextone.
The Flextone could also double as your backup amp for gigging.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Line 6's are the shit.

i swear, this site's community has so much bias when it comes to pretty much everything...

-__-
I recommend the Roland cube. Great little amps. Very reliable and they sound great.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Quote by Jackie Lawless
Line 6's are the shit.

i swear, this site's community has so much bias when it comes to pretty much everything...

-__-

I just recommended a Flextone and I rubbish SS spiders as much as anybody. You sir, are full of it. Some Line 6 stuff is good but spiders aren't and spiders are what everybody hangs crap on - and rightly so.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I will back Cath's suggestion of the Flextone. I own a Flextone II+ and it's fantastic. It is bested only by my Vypyr. Of course, it is all suggestive and that's just how I feel.
Quote by Jackie Lawless
Line 6's are the shit.

-__-

I'm fairly sure people just hate the spiders haha