I have had my Eclipse for most of this summer, and The screws by the bridge pickup (black color) have had the paint worn off, like where I place my hand to palm mute. Is this normal??
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.

The paint on those things usually wears off after a while. Fortunately, screws are cheap. If it bothers you, just get new ones.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by FatalGear41
The paint on those things usually wears off after a while. Fortunately, screws are cheap. If it bothers you, just get new ones.

+1

Not even a dollar.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Mmmkay.. Just kinda wondered, as it's an ESP..
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.

It's not exactly like they make "boutique" screws a screws a screw.

Unless you buy tone screws but they're a little more expensive.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
Hahah, tone screws? For real?
Quote by luxeion

Yeah, it uses a special composite of metal and the increased weight of it increases sustain. It's nuts!
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
Quote by Eppicurt
Yeah, it uses a special composite of metal and the increased weight of it increases sustain. It's nuts!

They also make chambered tone screws. The hollow section of the screw increases resonance. Kinda makes sense, if you had a solid screw in a hollow body guitar, it would sound weird.
Just be happy you don't have a Cosmo Black finish... DAMN YOU IBANEZ!!!

Mine started coming off my pickup rings within the first week of playing... But it's aight, it's straight chrome under it so it's kinda giving it a vintage worn look... and a nice wear (not damage, but legitimately playing wear) makes a guitar look better in my opinion. Not only does it give it character, but it shows how much you play it.
Ibanez S2170FB Prestige + Crunch Lab
Ibanez RG1570MRR Prestige + Crunch Lab
Taylor 214CE
Peavey 6505MH + Orange PPC112 + TS9 + ISP Decimator + MXR 10-Band EQ

Watch and subscribe to my guitar ventures!
Search Nick Catelli on YouTube
Yea its normal. My schecters have a stupid black chrome finish on everything that wears very fast. I learned from my C-1 so I clean my blackjack quite often.