Greetings!

I don't know if you guys can help me with my problem but I have a question regarding the assembly of my new tremolo bar.

This next whammy bar that I've just ordered is a Schaller Tremolo Arm and I've tried it and its already light years better than my last whammy bar.

The problem is I've assembled this bar the same way multiple times into my guitar and each time produced different results.

The first time I was able to get the best effect out of the whammy bar.
The second time I was barely even able to flutter a note
The third time was fairly decent all around.

I insert the socket and the arm in from the outside of the floyd rose near the bridge.
I insert the bushing, teflon ring, and allen wrench screw onto the bottom side of the socket from the inside of the floyd rose where the spring tension is located.

After tightening the screw into the bar I began to ask myself if I was doing this correctly.

So my first question is..

Is this the correct way to assemble a tremolo bar? If not then what is the correct method of putting on a new arm?

Also on a side note the first time I installed my tremolo bar the socker/arm holder would fall out of place sometimes. It would pull up a little bit when i raised the bar and sink down a little bit when lowered which is why I took it off in the first place. Even when it was tightened the same problem occured.

Another question I have regarding this new whammy bar is keeping the floyd rose in tune. I use to abuse my whammy bar quite a bit on the first one I had and it would almost never fall out of tune. On this new one it works tons better than the first but it falls out of tune by a half step after whenever I pull it down. How do you keep these in tune?

Here are the websites for my guitar and my new Tremolo Bar.

New Tremolo Bar

My Guitar Information

Replies are greatly appreciated and I'm thankful for your help!
Last edited by dannydawiz at Oct 20, 2011,
IT may because of the Tremolo.
The Floyd Rose Special Series are not originals but are still good copies.
One of the things about these trems are that the whammy bar is quite loose( Like a Fender trem)
My advice is to put Telfon tape on the end of the bar to secure it more tightly
Gear:
ESP LTD MH-50
Boss ME-70
Dunlop GCB95(Red Fasel)
Ibanez RG8BK
PodHD300

Rest Easy Gooze

Quote by jpnyc
I once used a Jackson V to play Wildwood Flower. The ghosts of Randy Rhoads and Mother Maybelle Carter made my walls bleed for a week.
Quote by Csoldier83
IT may because of the Tremolo.
The Floyd Rose Special Series are not originals but are still good copies.
One of the things about these trems are that the whammy bar is quite loose( Like a Fender trem)
My advice is to put Telfon tape on the end of the bar to secure it more tightly

Greetings soldier!

Although I agree with you that the Floyd Rose Special series do a great job as copies, the whammy bar itself isn't the part thats loose. The bar is great and it stays in place just fine.

Its just the socket that holds the bar in place would pull up an incredibly small amount whenever I pulled up on the bar. I have reassembled the bar since then and so far I haven't been experiencing any problems. My main concern right now is keeping the floyd rose in tune. For whatever reason this new whammy bar throws my guitar off tune.

This is the part that I was having problems with.

That might be the Trem. i would reccomend taking it to get fixed because things like that arent easily fixed at home.( Also have you made sure that the locking tuners/nut is properly locked?)
Gear:
ESP LTD MH-50
Boss ME-70
Dunlop GCB95(Red Fasel)
Ibanez RG8BK
PodHD300

Rest Easy Gooze

Quote by jpnyc
I once used a Jackson V to play Wildwood Flower. The ghosts of Randy Rhoads and Mother Maybelle Carter made my walls bleed for a week.