Hey guys! Im trying to learn a new song but the problem is its a bit to fast at some parts Death - The philospher! Does anybody know a similar style of song thats a bit easier?
why not practice the fast parts slowed down with a metronome then speed them up as you get better at them?
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
^this. there's no better way to build your chops. also, try playing the song faster than its original tempo. when you go back to the basic speed, it'll seem way easier.
Yup. Practice at a slower speed. I remember learning Spirit Crusher by Death, took me at least a month but it's really helped my overall speed nowadays.
For how can I give the King his place of worth above all else
when I spend my time striving to place the crown upon myself?
Quote by Darkness in Zero
a metronome is a more important piece of equipment than an amp is. practice slow and build it up

I agree with you all with the metronome thing, but I hate being stuck 1 week for each new part. But I will pratice. And thanks alot mentioning "Spirit Crusher" that song was more my level imo.
Quote by DopeThePope
I agree with you all with the metronome thing, but I hate being stuck 1 week for each new part.

Optimally, after the first week it'll become a much faster process.
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
For one, Death, isn't even a death metal band. You want to play real death metal, you gotta play some cannibal corpse. That shit is so brutal it will crush your skull. Anything else is for pussies.
Quote by bass-boy-garith
For one, Death, isn't even a death metal band. You want to play real death metal, you gotta play some cannibal corpse. That shit is so brutal it will crush your skull. Anything else is for pussies.

Cannibal Corpse is a good band for bass speed, though.
Quote by Kevätuhri

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
Quote by Hail

Cannibal Corpse is a good band for bass speed, though.

Having a different opinion doesn't make me a troll.
Quote by bass-boy-garith

No but the way you formatted your opinion does make you a tosser.
Saints walk the earth
They don't patrol the skies
They're the people right behind you
Riding tandem through the night
It's the comfort that's discovered
Through two sets of eyes
It's the hand that stills the other
That shakes like candlelight
Quote by GrStMyGn
No but the way you formatted your opinion does make you a tosser.

...tosser?

I'm sorry my opinion upset you, but insulting me isn't going to make you feel any better. Or change the fact that Cannible Corpse is a truly superior death metal band.
Quote by bass-boy-garith
...tosser?

I'm sorry my opinion upset you, but insulting me isn't going to make you feel any better. Or change the fact that Cannible Corpse is a truly superior death metal band.

I think my point has been proven.
Saints walk the earth
They don't patrol the skies
They're the people right behind you
Riding tandem through the night
It's the comfort that's discovered
Through two sets of eyes
It's the hand that stills the other
That shakes like candlelight
Quote by bass-boy-garith
For one, Death, isn't even a death metal band.

Quote by bass-boy-garith
For one, Death, isn't even a death metal band.

Quote by bass-boy-garith
Death, isn't even a death metal band.

Quote by bass-boy-garith
Death isn't a death metal band.

Quote by Kevätuhri

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
Quote by bass-boy-garith

I dont agree with you but thats fine... CC is a bit to hard at this point as you can tell?
Quote by bass-boy-garith

Passing out your opinion as fact, however, kinda makes you look like one

@first post: Yes, practice to a metronome.
Professional lurker since 2009.
Sadly, its not opinion, its fact. Look, I'm not saying you guys are wrong...but...your wrong...

Not only is Cannibal Corpse one of the greatest BANDS of all time, Alex Webster is the second greatest bass player to ever live, coming in behind our one true savior, Cliff Burton. I've never even heard of this "death" band, what do they even have to do with death metal? Nothing, because they're a joke. Just look at CC's music, its nothing short of art, Alex Webster's tone, lines, and playing ability are only topped by the one and only, Cliff.

Do yourself a favor TS. **** that vapid, empty, joke of a band, Death, and start listening to some REAL metal, like Cannibal Corpse. Learn those bass lines until you can play every song on command. Once you do that you can tackle Cliff Burton/God. Of course you will never get Cliff's tone, the greatest tone ever heard on any bass, anywhere.
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Sadly, its not opinion, its fact. Look, I'm not saying you guys are wrong...but...your wrong...

Not only is Cannibal Corpse one of the greatest BANDS of all time, Alex Webster is the second greatest bass player to ever live, coming in behind our one true savior, Cliff Burton. I've never even heard of this "death" band, what do they even have to do with death metal? Nothing, because they're a joke. Just look at CC's music, its nothing short of art, Alex Webster's tone, lines, and playing ability are only topped by the one and only, Cliff.

Do yourself a favor TS. **** that vapid, empty, joke of a band, Death, and start listening to some REAL metal, like Cannibal Corpse. Learn those bass lines until you can play every song on command. Once you do that you can tackle Cliff Burton/God. Of course you will never get Cliff's tone, the greatest tone ever heard on any bass, anywhere.

It would be easier to report you than repudiate the nescient "opinions" you've been flailing around as of late. Oh, wait...

*reported*
Back to the classic avatar.

Quote by KISSguitarist
You are the best writer ever Graybass. Sig me for that. But i love you! You should make a book!

Quote by Phil_Bass_Boy
Jesus christ, your avatar is the best I have seen in my life.

Quote by mh400nt
Graybass_20x6 has a better avatar than you
Quote by graybass_20x6
It would be easier to report you than repudiate the nescient "opinions" you've been flailing around as of late. Oh, wait...

*reported*

Uh OH! Someones butt-hurt about the truth!
Trolling so hard.
For how can I give the King his place of worth above all else
when I spend my time striving to place the crown upon myself?
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Of course you will never get Cliff's tone, the greatest tone ever heard on any bass, anywhere.

I know it's trolling but lord did I laugh.
Good punctuation comes close though.

...Is he actually banned? Thank the Lord (Mod).

VVV nice.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Last edited by gilly_90 at Oct 24, 2011,
if you're having trouble with the speed on this song, I'd say learn some basic thrash songs so you can work your speed up.

Learn some fast metallica and slayer songs before you move to Death.
Now that your thread has been cleared of off-topic trolling, here's my suggestion: download the trial version of Guitar Pro, pull the GP tab file off of this site and slow down the parts that are giving you trouble. I just took a look at it, and if you put your mind to it and take a look at the modes from which he draws his patterns, you'll probably get it a lot faster than you think. Beyond the fact that the tune is heavy on triplets, there isn't much in there that should give you too many problems.

You'll nail it.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley