Hey guys,

Just wondering what your opinions are on some good fuzz pedals, I'm going for a stoner/doom metal tone (think Electric wizard). They used fz-2's but those are out of my budget.

Budget: I'm looking for something about 80 bucks, MAYBE stretch to 100 (CND)
Style: Electric Wizard
My other gear is fine, running a jackson kelly through a 333xl Head and matching 4x12.

So yeah, any help would be awesome, I'm also willing to go used, so feel free to send some ebay links.

Also, if anyone knows any good fuzz pedal VST-plugin's, those would work too, I'm not looking for something AMAZING, just something to get that electric wizard-esque, tone.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Last edited by Tango616 at Oct 20, 2011,
No I havn't, I know dick all about wiring and stuff like that

Wtrplyr, so you'd suggest the big muff? I thought those were just for like, distortion (As in like metal distortion.)
ಠ_ಠ

Not in person actually, no.

I've heard people talk about them, but I've never really bothered to look into them.

So that's an option, what's your opinion on the new boss fuzz, it's a TAD out of my budget, but if I could find a way, would you suggest that too? The demo seems like it's pretty good, even though they didn't really do a stoner/doom sort of sample.
ಠ_ಠ

I really wouldn't buy a fuzz pedal from Boss. The Big Muff is good for the price, and can get extremely thick. Also check out the Devi Ever Karaoke Party.
It sounds good, but the site doesn't carry them anymore, and I can't find any on ebay.
ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Zoot Allures
Lies. My friend got one of those and said it had hardly any bass to it.

Well...wouldn't you just turn the bass way up on your guitar
ಠ_ಠ