Ok so heres the deal, I have my own original song recorded, everything is done except for the vocals. If you want to hear the song, then heres the link for ya
http://www.facebook.com/BrettBaldwinMusic

But anywho, I've been trying to record vocals and in all honesty, I don't know much about recording vocals and I have a few questions with what I should be doing and what I'm doing wrong.

I'm using a Shure PG58 mic that I borrowed from a friend. I have a mic cable that has an instrument jack so I can plug it into amps and such. I have the mic running into a Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor to help eliminate any extra noise. Then from there, it runs into my Line 6 Spider III 15 Watt amp on a clean setting with no effects turned on and bass, mids, and treble all turned half way up with no drive on it. Then, I use the line out jack on the amp and plug it directly into my computer. This is the same method I used for recording my guitar and bass tracks and they turned out AMAZING. But whenever I record vocals, it sounds very muddy and just plain out shitty.

I also have my own little vocal studio set up in another room. Took a heavy blanket and taped it to the walls around where I have my mic set up to try and help with the acoustics and such. Could anyone please tell me what the hell im doing wrong?
Could it be that you're using the noise suppressor and a guitar amplifier...?
Quote by Wisthekiller
How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?
Yeah I realize that the whole using the amp thing is a big issue, but I don't have any other means of recording vocals. Guess I'll just hit up my friend who has a Line 6 UX8 and see how that goes
i offer no advice.

i just like your song.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Yeah, that doesn't surprise it sounds like shit. Guitar amps are designed for a very different frequency response then a vocal.

Get an interface. And plug a mic into a mic pre-amp.

In terms of the blanket idea. That's doesn't really work either. Acoustic treatment uses high density form to absorb acoustic reflections. You'd better off rocking out in a closet or something.
Thank you guys, like I said before I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to recording vocals. I've been figuring everything else out along the way and so far everything turned out good lol.

And Thank you Gundamnitpete, if you like this song you should like my facebook page because I'll be sure to have more material on the way and soon