Hey guys, I'm buying a guitar and an amp just as the title says and since i'm mostly new to guitars after playing bass for 1 year, i would appreciate your help.
My taste in music is mixed. I listen to bands like Arctic monkeys, RHCP, Cage the Elephant, Porcupine tree and also bands like System of a down, Lamb of god, Korn, Slipknot, Periphery, Nirvana and Meshuggah.'

Now I suppose it's impossible to find a guitar that suits all of those genres but i would still like your opinions on an versatile guitar. Right now i'm looking at the Schecter Omen 6 Extreme wich i have tried, and i really liked the feel of it but I'm afraid that it maybe won't suit RHCP-music. Im also really interested in the Yamaha Pacifica 112, although I haven't tried it I still love the looks of it and it seems to be a decent guitar after reading reviews.

And the amps, i'm currently interested in two amps, the Vox vt40+ and the Fender Mustang III. I've tried the Vox and I liked the different settings it had, but I'm not that good at playing guitar so I couldn't get much out of the amp. I Haven't tried the Mustang but people seem to prefer it, and i like how you can connect it to your computer and customize your own sound.

I'm not sure which guitar and amp i should buy so i would like some opinions, and keep in mind that i'm swedish so there's no need to bash on my grammar
get the yamaha pretty good in most situations altough she gets a little muddy in higain. both amps are pretty good but i think they will be to loud if you only want to practice at home and i think both amps are available in lower wattage versions.
The Yamaha is a fine guitar, we have one in school, it sounds good and looks cool. I'd go with the Vox amplifier, but try to try them both out and see what you like better.
Get some thing with passive pickups. Maybe look into a LTD if its in your price range. Also a HSS Strat type might be a good choice or a HH guitar that has coil spliting for versitility.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I think the (dare I say it) Schecter seem quite versatile and I know full well that the Mustang III is a really good solid-state amplifier.
It's hard to go wrong with a decent Pacifica and either of the amps you mentioned. Seriously.
Quote by Porrig
It's hard to go wrong with a decent Pacifica and either of the amps you mentioned. Seriously.

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Porrig

+2

I,being a mustang iii owner, can vouch for the mustang. But the vox is really good too. Mustang and VT+ are my 2 fav cheap modelers.

[Flameshield] Is there really a band named "Meshugga"? [/Flameshield]
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
I used to own a Vox VT 20, very nice hybrid amp.

For the guitar, most of your stuff is metal, a Schecter can still get a good clean neck tone for the RHCP stuff.
i definitely prefer the vox amp.

as for a guitar, i think the schecter is the better instrument there. the pacifica is good as a beginner instrument, but i think they're quality is overrated on this site. i would also look into stuff like an epiphone les paul or a fender blacktop tele (or strat).
Quote by JKHC
+2

I,being a mustang iii owner, can vouch for the mustang. But the vox is really good too. Mustang and VT+ are my 2 fav cheap modelers.

[Flameshield] Is there really a band named "Meshugga"? [/Flameshield]

Actually It's "Meshuggah" but yeah, its a technical metal band from sweden...

[Flameshield]I always find their music kind of boring [/Flameshield]
Quote by guitar/bass95

They are technical? I guess it may be technical somewhere in the mindless 6-8 minutes of djent
Quote by guitar/bass95

Thy should change their name to MUDDY-Suggah
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Let's not discuss genres and what bands should be called.

Thanks for all the answers, but i also wonder if the Mustang III's Wahwah is good or should i buy a wahwah pedal, and what pedal should i buy then?
And some of you mentioned Les pauls and LTD's , wich ones are good? I would go and try out all these guitars but there is a poor selection of guitar stores where I live.