http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/20/major-chinese-supplier-halts-rare-earths-production-in-attempt-t/

Quote by engadget
With prices sliding and uncertainty rising, China's biggest producer of rare earth minerals has suddenly decided to suspend all operations, in a move that could strain already tense relations with the West. Baotou Steel, a miner, refiner and vendor located in Inner Mongolia, announced the decision in a statement today, explaining that it's

Time for heavy supplier countries that are having all their resources absorbed by China for ****ing dirt cheap prices to step up and **** them over.

i mean canada, usa, russia. Halt cement, steel, coal, and uranium exports to **** them over like they think its fine to do with the rest of the world.

what are your thoughts?
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
China has kept their currency artificially low for years now. I know those sneaky sunsabitches got something up their sleeves. Don't know just what yet. World dominance? Most likely. I think they are just biding their time.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
This is just step 1 in China's plan for world domination.

Might just as well learn chinese now, guys. You're gonna need it.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
It's also worth noting that China still exerts rather considerable influence upon the market, accounting for roughly 97 percent of all production of rare earths -- a group of 17 minerals used to manufacture gadgets like cellphones, flat-screen TVs and EV batteries, among others.

wow. what dicks.

the UN should man up and fix this shit or something. Like have an embargo on goods. Stop giving them like financial aid, or any sort of goods at all. **** China.

When you guys over there in America get the government to stop ****ing over the supposed 99% of your population, please get them to rape China economically.
That could easily be construed as a prelude to a trade war.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
Ruh-Roh Shaggy....
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
Quote by Kensai
This is just step 1 in China's plan for world domination.

Might just as well learn chinese now, guys. You're gonna need it.

I bet Chinese is a rip off of some other language
Quote by Das_Skittles
That could easily be construed as a prelude to a trade war.

Oh they've already announced trade war under the table, alright. And what a time to do it too - right when European markets are taking a shit and even its more calm nations like Norway are seeing mass protests.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
I don't give a **** if China takes over the world.
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
I don't blame them.

When your biggest trade partner has a bill working it's way through their government to implement tariffs on your goods, you have to make up for potential losses some how.

The US Government is the biggest hypocrite of the 20th/21st Century, and to play ball, you have to play by their rules, good on China for not taking their shit.

Free trade. oxymoron.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
China is playing a dangerous game with all this artificial bullshit they're doing to their economy and currency. It won't be long now before it collapses or some super power steps in.

You can only build empty, useless cities for so long until it won't stimulate their economy anymore.
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Quote by Grimriffer

Let me see you not give a fuck when your Chinese overlord jails you for speaking your mind.

Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by SlayingDragons
But they smell funny.

This. But their General Tso's chicken is absolutely divine.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Quote by SlayingDragons
Interesting fact: There never was a General Tso, it's just an name made up to sell an americanized version of chinese food. General Tso chicken doesn't exist in China.

Interesting fact 2: Fortune Cookies were invented by Californians in the late 1800s/early 1900s. In China, they're marketed as "Great American Fortune Cookies."
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Quote by zgr0826
This. But their General Tso's chicken is absolutely divine.

Actually, General Tso chicken was conjured up in America. Nobody in china had ever heard of General Tso chicken until we brought it over there. So technically, that's ours.

Quote by zgr0826
Interesting fact 2: Fortune Cookies were invented by Californians in the late 1800s/early 1900s. In China, they're marketed as "Great American Fortune Cookies."

For reals?

Also, deleted my first post because it turns out there was a General Tso. He just never made the chicken. >_>
Last edited by SlayingDragons at Oct 20, 2011,
How many Chinese government officials does it take to change a lightbulb?

I don't know, but it takes only a few to cause trade war.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
i know for a fact that China is trying to take over the world. OK. Get this.

China exports probably the largest amounts of good to the rest of the world. All the countries that do trade with China owe them more money. The way that works is in installments. Say I owe a mod a large sum of money, I'll pay them every month. But China also has the option to demand all the money at once. If they do that the world is screwed. Another part of Chinese trade is the fact that when you do trade with them it is open trading meaning this: GE "General Electric" does trade with China. China says if you want to do trade with us you have to open your company up to everything and you can't say no. GE makes a large majority of America's military supplies, including Weapons, Planes, Boats, etc. That means China has freedom to take America's military supplies and pretty much copy and paste it into their military. So military wise the Chinese are set.

Part two of this plan has to deal with other goods. China manufactures a large part of America's entertainment systems. TV's, Cell Phones, Video Games, etc. The more Americans buy those types of products the fatter we get. The more fat people there are in America the less people can join the American military. Why? Because they are fat and can not keep up with the conditioning of the military. So if the Chinese were to go against the Americans's at war they would have the numbers advantage. And lets face it. Americas's 3million vs Chines billion is hard to fight against. They can keep pumping people into the military when America can't.

So finally when China want's to take over the world all they have to do is call the Ghostbusters and Zoids, suck all of the rest of the world into oblivion then blast Charlie Sheen over loudspeakers yelling WINNINGGG!!!

Quote by Grimriffer

Is that what you're gonna tell your children after they get in a car accident on their way to work at the factory?
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
Quote by darkstar2466
How many Chinese government officials does it take to change a lightbulb?

I don't know, but it takes only a few to cause trade war.

Funny you should say that, because rare earth metals are an essential component of lightbulbs. In fact, a number of lighting companies are failing because they just can't afford to manufacture lightbulbs anymore. I have a friend working for the aforementioned GE--to avoid this fate, their purchasing division was given a blank check to buy literally ALL the rare earth metals left available.

(Invalid img)
edit: Clearly this is the beginning of the resource war foretold in Fallout.