The total phrase adds to 11, so possibly 11/8 depending on where the quarter note is in the rest of the song.
I am the meek.

And I shall inherit the earth.
the riff is 11 beats long. so 11/4 or whatever multiple you want to take that to.

^
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
11 beats..so it could be 4/4 measure then a 7/4 measure just depends on how you feel it or how it's written down
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
And yet odd meters are typically broken into two (or more) in how they are felt anyways. What you might be hearing as a new "1" is possibly an *accent* subdividing the meter.

For example, Frank Zappa's "Watermelon In Easter Hay" is notated as 9/4, but it's felt as a group of 4 and a group of 5. It's still okay for us to speak of it as being in 9/4 though.

I didn't actually listen to the link though, so I could be wrong.
Last edited by Brainpolice2 at Oct 20, 2011,
Quote by Freepower
^ One bar of 5/4, then a bar of 6/4, there's a pretty clear "1" on each.

I was just giving an example
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
And I was being specific because it's a specific question and the groove in question is only realistically going to be felt like that. Saying what you said is as incorrect as saying D#=Eb. They're equivalent, but imply different things.

I wasn't aware I needed rolleyes for helping out. I'll try and avoid including any detail in my posts in future.

And yet odd meters are typically broken into two (or more) in how they are felt anyways. What you might be hearing as a new "1" is possibly an *accent* subdividing the meter.

For example, Frank Zappa's "Watermelon In Easter Hay" is notated as 9/4, but it's felt as a group of 4 and a group of 5. It's still okay for us to speak of it as being in 9/4 though.

I didn't actually listen to the link though, so I could be wrong.

Sure, some things you hear as one way, some you hear another. This tune has a pretty big "1" at the start of each. Count it as 11, then count it as 5+6, I would say the latter is a far better description of the feel.