EDIT: Pics attached.

It's actually from two days ago, but that's what happens when you're a family guy and not just some internet teenager anymore.

I am very pleased with this guitar. I spotted no blemish -- I thought there was one on the nut, but when I got into better lighting I realized it was just fine. The plastic on the pickguard was a pain, because there is still a little by the neck that I would have to remove the neck to get off. The tuning pegs aren't the cheap plastic kind or anything terrible like that. I am not used to tremolo bars at all so I cannot comment on how well it works. I do get a very nice resonance from the spring chamber. The pickup selector switch is in a good position. On my Ibanez, I had to rotate the switch because I would keep hitting it while strumming hard. No problem here. I enjoy the Jazz Bass knobs, because I have a Jazz Bass that I am very familiar with.

The whole guitar is glossy. The pickguard is not just pearly white, it's an 'aged' pearly white, where there is a slight yellow-ish tint. I thought that added a lot of character as well as compliments the tone of the wood on the neck. I was afraid the neck would be too 'yellow' looking based on the promotional pictures, but instead it is a very bold wood tone that looks very natural. The neck is, of course, glossy, and there are no sharp frets along the edges. They did a very nice job here, it feels better than my Ibanez. The dot inlays on the fretboard are pearly.

As for the pickups, I am VERY pleased. The neck pickup has such a... fat or chunky tone to it, that I couldn't believe it. I have the GFS Mean 90 on my Ibanez, and this thing just destroys the GFS. All the way to the other side of the switch, the bridge humbucker sounds very much like a bridge humbucker. It is that classic sort of rock tone, which I will without doubt use frequently. Now it gets interesting when I start to use positions 2, 3, and 4, because they all incorporate the 'third rail' on the 'triplebucker', which essentially renders the guitar a HSS. I hear a large difference in tone from position 2 (neck + single rail), which is its own blend, but between positions 3 (rail only) and 4 (all three rails) I don't seem to hear a large difference, other than the volume -- but maybe that's the point? I could see needing to use it to stand out at a certain point in a song.

The guitar also seems to weigh a noticeable amount more than my Ibanez. Overall, I am glad I got this guitar. I think I have more to enjoy from it than my Ibanez, and I would recommend it to anyone who is seeking a solid body and likes offset guitars. Ultimately, the player has to decide if the guitar has the features they need, and this hit it off for me. One volume and one tone knob, keeps it simple. All I will need to do to this thing is give it a proper intonation and setup (there are no dead frets to mention, and the nut appears to be well-crafted) as well as some locking tuners (I hate wrapping strings) and a strap-lock.

Pictures to be posted shortly; I forgot to put the media card driver on this laptop when I replaced the hard drive.
Attachments:
DSC01259.JPG
DSC01262.JPG
Ibanez AS93
Fender Marauder
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Last edited by muso_catolico at Oct 20, 2011,
HNGD!!!
And are those the stock pups that "destroy" the GFS?

I'll be waiting eagerly for pics

Is this the new modern players series? If so, how does the br00tlz triplebucker sound??
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Last edited by JKHC at Oct 20, 2011,
You Did It!You Did It!You Did It!You Did It!You Did It!You Did It!You Did It!You Did It!You Did It!You Did It!You Did It!You Did It!You Did It!You Did It!You Did It!You Did It!You Did It!You Did It!You Did It!You Did It!You Did It!You Did It!

Hngd!
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Pics or it did not happen!!
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
Quote by muso_catolico
Pictures to be posted shortly; I forgot to put the media card driver on this laptop when I replaced the hard drive.

doh!

congrats, looking forward to pics.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I had to come back to work from lunch, I was unable to get the driver to install because Dell doesn't have the 64-bit driver for me. I asked my wife to use her laptop and e-mail them to me, but it may be after work at 5:30PM CST when I can upload the pics.

Quote by JKHC
HNGD!!!
And are those the stock pups that "destroy" the GFS?

I'll be waiting eagerly for pics

Is this the new modern players series? If so, how does the br00tlz triplebucker sound??
The stock pups, yes, they are good. The neck in particular is what impressed me.

I don't know that the triplebucker is br00tlz or not because I don't play that style, but I can say that when all three rails are on, it is decidedly powerful. I'm sure through the right amp it could be devastating, but I'm not the best judge of that type of sound. The two rails themselves sound like a typical humbucker sound, the single rail sounds like a single rail I guess, and all three together sounds like a more powerful version of the single rail, with a bit more volume. I had to test it a little bit to be able to discern what was going on between positions 3 and 4.
Ibanez AS93
Fender Marauder
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Last edited by muso_catolico at Oct 20, 2011,
HNGD man. Can't wait for the pics.

This is a horrible thing to say, but I hope the Marauder is a flop, because when they stop making them after a year I'll be able to get one for really cheap I can't afford any more guitars.
obviously there's no higher end Marauder model to compare this to, but i'm looking into getting one of the new thinlines. in terms of quality, how would you say this compares to Fender's MIM models? (or higher.)
Quote by muso_catolico

I don't know that the triplebucker is br00tlz or not

Neither do I

Quote by muso_catolico
all three together sounds like a more powerful version of the single rail

^^ This is where I was expecting the br00tlulz to come in.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Pics are attached now. 'Crafted in China', not 'Made in China'. I must say, the work is pretty quality.
Ibanez AS93
Fender Marauder
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Quote by TonyRandall
obviously there's no higher end Marauder model to compare this to, but i'm looking into getting one of the new thinlines. in terms of quality, how would you say this compares to Fender's MIM models? (or higher.)
I have a MIM Jazz Bass and it pales in quality. On the Jazz bass, one of the tuning keys was loose and the neck didn't quite sit in the body right. Also, the bridge was poorly aligned to where the strings didn't align over the pole pieces quite right, but that was more of a visual defect than anything. The jack on it eventually had to be superglued because it had turned around to where metal was touching metal, shorting itself out. Also, one or two frets stuck out a little. But I got it for clearance, probably due to one or more of those defects.

Some problems appear over time, but for now this guitar seems fine.
Ibanez AS93
Fender Marauder
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Quote by Butt Rayge

This is a horrible thing to say, but I hope the Marauder is a flop, because when they stop making them after a year I'll be able to get one for really cheap I can't afford any more guitars.

Watch out. It says "Crafted in China" meaning that the guitars are contracted out to Chinese Factories, so they'll probably only be a limited run. Jump on that while you can.

Also, lol @ your username.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
(Invalid img)
(Invalid img)

very cool!
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Yep, completely jealous I want one in blue. I'm really interested in the combination of pickups on this, I imagine it can be an incredibly versatile guitar tone-wise.
That looks nice.
Who cares for Crafted in China anyways? If it's good, then it's good.
HNGD.
Should get some pictures of you playing it/posing with it. Probably sounds like a creepy request, but I'm curious to see what it looks like attached to somebody. A guitar can look very different when it's being played. (You can cut out your face if you're careful about showing it online, or you could ignore me. I'm sure I'll survive. Either way.)
HNGD!

Prety cool looking
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Cool axe, I actually like the body, which I usually never say about Fenders.
TESTAMENT, SCAR SYMMETRY......SELF EXPLANATORY

ALEX SKOLNICK, PER NILSSON........ADULATION MANDATORY

Gear: JACKSON RR3

Member#25 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS CLUB. PM Revelations to Join
Hngd!!
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
Finally a review of one of the new modern players. Sounds like fender made a good choice going MIC, hopefully the rest of the models are of the same quality.
Nice guitar, I was interested in this one and the pine tele they released. How's the neck on yours? I'm hoping it's not narrow like Squiers and CIJ Fenders but more like MIM and American ones.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Fenderboss, why'd you bump this?
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

I don't think so.