hey guys,

i want to get a new amp in a few months and what ive got in my my mind is:

Marshall Haze 40W

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe III

Fender Deluxe VM

the music i listen to is mostly RHCP, John Frusciante, Paul Gilbert, Pink Floyd but the tone i am really looking for is a John Frusciante and Paul Gilbert and occasionally a Slash tone.

i know that fender aren't great for heavier tones but that can easily be fixed with a tubescreamer and overdrive, which i already have built into my Zoom G3 MFX Pedal so thats not a problem but obviously the Marshall is better for distortion and all my favorite artists use it, but the fender has amazing cleans. wattage isn't a problem cause they're all the same wattage. the Marshall Haze and the Fender Hot Rod Deluxe both have drive and more drive and the Fender Deluxe VM has built in Delay and Chorus, as does the Marshall Haze but i dont really care cause, again, i have a zoom g3.

BUT... what i want to know most of all is which amp is the best sounding (least muddy, best quality sound). i've heard that the Fender Deluxe VM has a poor speaker when it comes to distortion so in that sense id be moving closer to the hot rod or marshall haze. i haven't heard any complaints yet about the sound yet and i haven't really looked into the sound of the marshall haze, but one or two videos on youtube tell me that its quite good and cheaper (price-wise) than the others.
the only problem is that where i live (Israel) there aren't any licensed retailers of marshall, and i am quite insistent on going new for warranty reasons so i would have to buy it of ebay and pay customs and shipping. is it worth it? it is the cheapest anyway ($699 in comparison to $1000 but the shipping and custom would bring it up to $1000).

what should i get in terms of sound quality and then what would you reccomend for me in general?

thanks and sorry that its so long.
Quote by Ghold125
What's your budget in Israeli?

2500-4000 NIS ($625-$1000, $1000 really would be pushing the limits though as i also plan on getting a Fender American Standard Strat to go with my Gibson LP Studio and a Blue Microphones Yeti Condenser Mic for Recording
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
The new HRD is better than the older ones so that gets my vote too.

The Haze is poo

Also maybe look at a Blues Jr, Peavey Classic 30, Blackheart BH15, Bugera V22 and Egnater Rebel 20/30 if you can get those.

I'm not to keen on the Blues Jr or the blackheart or Bugera having already looked at them and the only licensed egnater retailer sell a Rebel 20 for the same price as a renegade in america and the fact that there is only one major musical instrument retailer in israel means that many amp companies aren't licensed so i cant get a peavey anyway and id rather a fender or marshall over peavey tbh.

my guts were telling to spend the extra money on the HRD and you guys will have probably convinced my brain too, thanks.

btw, can you explain why the haze is poo? is it the speaker or tubes or both or whatnot?
I'd get a MIM strat and a Epi and pump more money into my amp budget

i already have a gibson LP Studio which i like way more than any epi's that ive tried (even though they are great value for money) and i have tried the MIM strat and American and my annoyingly well tried ears just keep on telling me to get the American Standard so the MIM is not likely plus the american comes in a colour thaat the mim doesnt that i love.
that's cool. just throwing out different ideas. i did not care for the haze at all. if you are picky about your tone, as it sounds like you are, i don't think you would be happy with the haze.

i do like the Class 5 but that may not fit your requirements.

the HRD may be the only way to go

Edit: Yeah, I'd take the Renegade over all of these in a heartbeat
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Oct 20, 2011,
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
that's cool. just throwing out different ideas. i did not care for the haze at all. if you are picky about your tone, as it sounds like you are, i don't think you would be happy with the haze.

i do like the Class 5 but that may not fit your requirements.

the HRD may be the only way to go

thanks, i thought so. i actually did just find a marshall retailer but just like the egnater retailer, its all over priced. ill go with the HRD. thanks