Hi
I have a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe amp and a Gibson Les Paul Standard 2008 ebony
(and a squire strat (by fender) but i don't play it very often)

Now my "problem" is that i haven't found the perfect amp settings yet.
I play Punk/Punkrock/PopPunk, Grunge, Post-Hardcore and I also like nice clean sound.

Does anybody have very nice amp and/or pedal settings for my gear (fender hot rod deluxe, gibson les paul, boss ds-1pedal)
I'm interested in your settings either if they're not exact my musicstyle

johnny
Last edited by jfmyself at Oct 20, 2011,
on my deville and blues junior i usually leave highs under noon, mids near full and bass at one or two o'clock. I used to play that with my Gretsch in a pop punk band a while ago and it sounded pretty good with the band. I don't like anything scooped though...
Gretsch 5120
Fender Jazzmaster
MIM Fender Strat
Fender Blues Junior
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
Misc Pedals
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=688660

Try here for better advice. I don't have an LP but I usually have my HRD with bass at about 4, mids at 7, treble at 7 and presence at about 2. I add a touch of reverb (but only about around 1) and it gives me a good clean with my Tele and Preacher (which is a bit like an SG). I usually leave it at that and have my drive around 3 or 4 and hit it with my Fulldrive Mosfet 2 to thicken it up. Either that or I leave it on clean and use the Fulldrive to make it crunchy and my Ultimate Octave for thick fuzz.

Good luck
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
I usually use: Treble 6, Mid 7, Bass 7. Presence 4-5, very little reverb.

But I play Blues and Classic/Hard Rock. Mine is also retubed different than stock. I don't use the gain channel a lot, but when I do, I usually use it as a slight "OD" and then put a distortion on top of it, like a Kurt Cobain type sound. It helps smooth out the pedal and make it more natural sounding.

But, I hated the gain channel stock, doing a tube swap definately helped the gain channel. I went with a tube with slightly less gain in V2 (which relates to the gain channel).
Well for my funk tone I use Treble-4 Mids-7 Bass-10 but I use a strat. As stated a tube swap will help the gain channel get a little more push. I also put in a new speaker which also helped with the overall sound.
www.myspace.com/thestalkingbutlers

Holy Knight of the Crusading Order of the Stratocaster.

Gear:
MIA Fender Stratocaster
MIA Fender Telecaster
MI? Fender TC-90

Fender Hot Rod Deville
Blackstar HT5, HT40

various pedals