Can anyone tell me what guitar is better and/or what the differences are?

Thank you! ^^
Guitar: Ibanez RG321MH with EMG 85/60
Amp: Peavey 6505+ 1x12 combo
Musical styles: Progressive rock, thrash metal, post-hardcore.
Anybody? D:
i used to have the ec 401 and now i just got the ec 1000 white color custom ones .what i heard is the custom series is full length body or something n it comes with the esp tuner locker to lock the tuning peg
I have an offer on the table for a near mint condition EC-1000, it's the deluxe red one, for rather cheap... I think I'm going to jump on it!
Quote by Jason_Clement
I have an offer on the table for a near mint condition EC-1000, it's the deluxe red one, for rather cheap... I think I'm going to jump on it!

go for it. as long as it's not a lemon it should blow anything from 400 series out of the water
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
On another note, what is the difference between a single cut and a double cut guitar?
not much to be honest. reach mostly, since the extra horn helps some people with upper fret access. the extra mass without the horn gives the guitar a fuller sound i believe.
Thank you. I think I've decided on the EC-1000. The locking tuners, extra depth of a single cut guitar and the mahogany neck have all made me decide on the EC-1000

Now...Vintage Black or Cherry Black...
depends on which one you like more. both should play just as good.

although, i would recommend getting the emg 81/60 X series as an upgrade later on. i actually like them much more than my original emg set.
Yeah, the only difference I can see is that the red has a maple top. The VB doesn't, but it has an ebony fretboard. Never played ebony fretboard...

Thinking I'll go with the cherry colour cuz I guy is selling it cheap locally :3
Never heard of the X series, btw.
Something to keep in mind when deciding between the Cherry and the Vintage Black is that the necks are a little different. The Cherry has a sort of glossy coating on the neck, whereas the Vintage black does not. Some people prefer the coating, but it can get sort of gross. If you sweat a lot, plan on having to keep it wiped down. Definitely play both of them before you make your decision.

Also, in my experience, I have always like ebony more than rosewood. Ebony is more smooth and easy to play on.
Hmmm, I've never heard of gloss necks...but I wipe down every time I play anyway out of some OCD habit, so... no problem? I guess.
Ec 1000.
Gear:
MXR Super Badass -->
BOSS SD WAZA -->
FENDER CD 140 SCE -->
MXR M300 REVERB -->
TC ELECTRONIC FLASHBACK
ESP EC 401 VF TSB -->
BOSS KATANA HEAD 100 WATT -->
MILF Tease
Thank you, NHECOS
I'd go with VB. problem with gloss finishes is they attract SO many fingerprints. My LTD only gets really gross after playing it a few times, and I usually sweat a lot. I wasn't really set on VB initially. I was going to get the gloss white but after seeing vb in person i picked it up in a second.
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
The EC-1000 series will blow your head off your shoulders. Hopefully.
Go Buy it.
Now.
Haha, I am just waiting for a scholarship and then she is mine. Oh sweet black cherry <3