I applied at a Sears store online right now and towards the end it told me to pick a date and time to schedule my interview. I picked the date and it told me to confirm that it was the date I wanted. I found that odd. Do I actually have an interview on the day I picked or are they going to go over the application quickly before that day then call me in?

I'm a little confused.
LARGE TEXT
cool story bro

but seriously. I think most of those are just when you would like too. They still will call and tell you what date
Current Stage Gear
Ibanez 1987 RG550 Road Flare Red(66th one ever made)
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
If you don't hear anything before, just head to Sears on your scheduled date would be my guess.
Quote by bluekirby7
cool story bro

Cool joke bro.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
Last edited by dubstar92 at Oct 20, 2011,
Quote by ethan_hanus
Yeah, Sears makes you scheduled your own interview date, just get used to it, I've done it a few times.

And you actually showed up? Or did they call before hand?
LARGE TEXT
Wow, flashbacks...I applied at Sears back in '07 and I remember thinking it was weird too. They didn't call me or anything, I just went in. I remember printing out the confirmation page 'cause I was like "I want proof that I'm actually supposed to be here" . But they were expecting me, and the interview basically went like this:

[formalities and pleasantries]

Manager: So what times are you available to work?

Me: [weekly schedule]

Manager: Can you do first shift on the weekends?

Me: I have prior commitments on both Saturday and Sunday mornings, I can do evenings, though.

Manager: Oh, okay. Well we're looking for a first shift cashier, so...yeah...thanks anyway, though...

Seriously, that was it.
Quote by RicoTheBeast
Wow, flashbacks...I applied at Sears back in '07 and I remember thinking it was weird too. They didn't call me or anything, I just went in. I remember printing out the confirmation page 'cause I was like "I want proof that I'm actually supposed to be here" . But they were expecting me, and the interview basically went like this:

[formalities and pleasantries]

Manager: So what times are you available to work?

Me: [weekly schedule]

Manager: Can you do first shift on the weekends?

Me: I have prior commitments on both Saturday and Sunday mornings, I can do evenings, though.

Manager: Oh, okay. Well we're looking for a first shift cashier, so...yeah...thanks anyway, though...

Seriously, that was it.
I'm going to wear my nice pants and shirt for a similar let down I bet! I'll take my chances though. It's so hard for me to find a job.
LARGE TEXT
Quote by Holy.
I'm going to wear my nice pants and shirt for a similar let down I bet! I'll take my chances though. It's so hard for me to find a job.

Been there, brother... Back then I applied at about 20 different places over a couple months. The only one that called me back was Walmart and I ended up working there for a bit over 3 years...
Quote by RicoTheBeast
Been there, brother... Back then I applied at about 20 different places over a couple months. The only one that called me back was Walmart and I ended up working there for a bit over 3 years...

Oh man, I think I've applied at 40 locations by now.
LARGE TEXT
Quote by ethan_hanus
Yeah, Sears makes you scheduled your own interview date, just get used to it, I've done it a few times.

You mean you applied at Sears and didn't get the job?
you're a stone fox
Quote by Saint78
You mean you applied at Sears and didn't get the job?

Quote by Holy.

Then dont restrict your working hours like that guy did. Make work the priority and make sure you put that mentality forth. Good workers are hard to find, i've hired and fired 6 guys in the past month.