Page 1 of 2
Not sure if trolling...
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Chick Corea, Yes, Genesis, Jethro Tull

It is I, the mighty shitkicker, as prophesied by JustRooster. Obey me.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
Not sure if trolling...

But either way is wrong...
Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?

http://www.youtube.com/user/Joeseffel

Quote by smcstoronto1234

So very true...
Well...... TBH, I much prefer the dream theater intro. The Metallica intro guitars have terrible tone, imo, and it is not mixed well. Again, this is all my opinion. Also, Lars Ulrich has got to be one of the worst drummers in metal.
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
yeah was weird cause she liked us both but she loved him and for some reason she let me know beforehand.

i just wanted her poon and she wanted me to have her poon.

so i had myself some poon.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
Not sure if trolling...

how am I trolling?

I posted an overwrought DT song that drags out. compared it to a more compact and tight Metallica song that's much more memorable.

trolling would be saying something like:
"nobody listens to dream theater except failed wanker musicians who can play noodly guitars in their bedrooms."
Quote by Shirate
Well...... TBH, I much prefer the dream theater intro. The Metallica intro guitars have terrible tone, imo, and it is not mixed well. Again, this is all my opinion. Also, Lars Ulrich has got to be one of the worst drummers in metal.

Its cos they got scooped tone.....and lars isn't that great, although his performance on and justice kicks ass!
Quote by troyofyort
...or have ADD

yeah it's more of a case of the song being bad, than me having ADD. Symphony X makes long songs, but they're typically good throughout.

But really, that is off their more recent album. If DT has longer songs that are good, or at least soft/hard songs that are better, please feel free to link me.
Quote by Shirate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBExJNq7CBw
Last edited by zabrak at Oct 20, 2011,
Metallica is the AC/DC of metal, DT is 5 of the best musicians in the world on their respective instruments.
Quote by zabrak
how am I trolling?

I posted an overwrought DT song that drags out. compared it to a more compact and tight Metallica song that's much more memorable.

trolling would be saying something like:
"nobody listens to dream theater except failed wanker musicians who can play noodly guitars in their bedrooms."

Compact doesn't mean better. And you basically said "Listen to this song, it SUCKZORS!!! Now listen to this, it ROCKZORZZZZZ!!!!1 DERP DERP DERP!!!" That's fairly trollish.
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
yeah was weird cause she liked us both but she loved him and for some reason she let me know beforehand.

Quote by DDOW
Metallica is the AC/DC of metal, DT is 5 of the best musicians in the world on their respective instruments.

Yeah it's too bad they can't write a song. Common result of people who are too busy wanking. I guess it's kind of expected, if you think about it.
*looks at OP's join date, leaves thread*
Quote by Duane_Allman
Your gayer than me, and thats pretty gay.
Quote by Twist of fate
If there's blood on the field, play ball.
[center]
The
e|--3---0---0--|
B|--0---1---0--|
G|--0---2---1--|
D|--0---2---2--|
A|--2---0---2--|
E|--3---x---0--|
You just lost.[/CENTER]
Quote by Shirate
Compact doesn't mean better. And you basically said "Listen to this song, it SUCKZORS!!! Now listen to this, it ROCKZORZZZZZ!!!!1 DERP DERP DERP!!!" That's fairly trollish.

I showed you a song got lost up it's own ass, and a song that's more concise and engaging.
Quote by zabrak
Yeah it's too bad they can't write a song. Common result of people who are too busy wanking. I guess it's kind of expected, if you think about it.

Aaaaaaand now it's trolling for sure.

*reported*
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz

Quote by Shirate
Aaaaaaand now it's trolling for sure.

*reported*

Hmm? It's widely noted that Dream Theater can barely write songs. Most people in the metal community realize this, actually.

Funny how somebody with inferior taste quickly reports somebody.
Quote by rickyj
whats the point of this thread again?

to remind you that wanking =/= good

Same reason why nobody takes yngwie seriously
Last edited by zabrak at Oct 20, 2011,
Quote by Shirate

completely agree about Lars' drumming
Quote by zabrak
Hmm? It's widely noted that Dream Theater can barely write songs. Most people in the metal community realize this, actually.

Actually, I misread what you had said, I thought it was something along the lines of "they're too busy fapping to write good music." I deleted the post, although your last sentence makes me think you are quite narrow minded. Music's quality, and one's taste in music, is all completely subjective. Saying someone has inferior taste in something that is impossible to quantify is the "I'm trying to sound smart" equivalent of "No, YOU SUCK!"
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz

Quote by Shirate
Actually, I misread what you had said, I thought it was something along the lines of "they're too busy fapping to write good music." I deleted the post, although your last sentence makes me think you are quite narrow minded. Music's quality, and one's taste in music, is all completely subjective. Saying someone has inferior taste in something that is impossible to quantify is the "I'm trying to sound smart" equivalent of "No, YOU SUCK!"

>although your last sentence makes me think you are quite narrow minded.

Nah, I figured you reported me because you disagreed with my taste in music. So I thought "oh, he wants to be elitist" and said what I said.

communication breakdown
Quote by zabrak

Yes, because Metallica are widely noted as being excellent song writers, with their catalogue of varied styles, excelent musicianship an-

Oh wait that's Dream Theater
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
Quote by zabrak
>although your last sentence makes me think you are quite narrow minded.

Nah, I figured you reported me because you disagreed with my taste in music. So I thought "oh, he wants to be elitist" and said what I said.

communication breakdown

Meh, it happens.

Btw, Yngwie is a total dick. My old manager met him once.
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz

Quote by pigeonmafia

Yes, because Metallica are widely noted as being excellent song writers, with their catalogue of varied styles, excelent musicianship an-

Oh wait that's Dream Theater

if you think DT are excellent musicians, than it's a safe bet that you think
michael angelo batio is one of the better guitarists out there.
Quote by zabrak
if you think DT are excellent musicians, than it's a safe bet that you think
michael angelo batio is one of the better guitarists out there.

Technique wise, yes.

As a songwriter, no.
Quote by Shirate
Meh, it happens.

Btw, Yngwie is a total dick. My old manager met him once.

Yeah it's hilarious how often people say that. Some have said Vai can be a douche, but he seemed like a really cool, mellow guy from what I've seen in interviews. I'd say Satch would be the best, out of the hyped guitarists, you know, Gilbert, Ynwie, Vai, Satriani, etc.
Quote by pigeonmafia
Technique wise, yes.

As a songwriter, no.

I didn't know that needlessly shredding from start to finish would be considered a good technique.
Quote by zabrak
I didn't know that needlessly shredding from start to finish would be considered a good technique.

That would be songwriting. You should probably learn the difference.

And just because you don't like it, doesn't mean everyone should agree. It's called personal taste.
Quote by pigeonmafia
That would be songwriting. You should probably learn the difference.

And just because you don't like it, doesn't mean everyone should agree. It's called personal taste.

Alright fine. His technique isn't terrible, it's just just that he thinks playing mediocre metal faster than usual is impressive.
Quote by zabrak
Alright fine. His technique isn't terrible, it's just just that he thinks playing mediocre metal faster than usual is impressive.

His technique is excellent.

And we know you don't like him, you've already made that clear. Why are you re-iterating the same thing again?
Quote by pigeonmafia
His technique is excellent.

And we know you don't like him, you've already made that clear. Why are you re-iterating the same thing again?

>His technique is excellent.

you can paint **** gold, but it's still ****
Quote by zabrak
>His technique is excellent.

you can paint **** gold, but it's still ****

Yes, that explains why you brought it up again perfectly. Excellent metephor btw, matched the situation well...

His fans like his music. Why do you care if they do?
Quote by pigeonmafia
Yes, that explains why you brought it up again perfectly. Excellent metephor btw, matched the situation well...

His fans like his music. Why do you care if they do?

You mentioned how DT are excellent, so I referenced him as a failed guitarist that you'd probably like. You know, as a response for you thinking DT are an excellent band.
Quote by zabrak
You mentioned how DT are excellent, so I referenced him as a failed guitarist that you'd probably like. You know, as a response for you thinking DT are an excellent band.

...so, again. Why do you keep bringing up the fact that you don't like MAB? You keep saying it as if it holds some sort of meaning, as if I should recoil in horror as your opinion forces me to have a sudden revelation.

You may notice, I have not. Possibly because your opinion means nothing to me, nor anyone else.
Quote by pigeonmafia
...so, again. Why do you keep bringing up the fact that you don't like MAB? You keep saying it as if it holds some sort of meaning, as if I should recoil in horror as your opinion forces me to have a sudden revelation.

You may notice, I have not. Possibly because your opinion means nothing to me, nor anyone else.

He's referenced in a derogatory sense. The same way one would bring up Nickelback or whoever else, you know.
Quote by zabrak
He's referenced in a derogatory sense. The same way one would bring up Nickelback or whoever else, you know.

And? Metallica are referenced in the same way, due to lack of originality, having Lars as a drummer, and kirk's over use of wah and descending pentatonic. Yet you seem to like them.
Page 1 of 2