Well, I did a bit of research and couldn't find the answer I was looking for. I finally decided to swap the tubes in my Class 5 MKII after breaking in the speaker finally.

I had a Tungsol Reissue 12AX7, Gold Pin JJ ECC83s, and JJ ECC83S at home to try. The Tungsol sucked, which is the reason it isn't in any of my other amps. The Regular ECC83S sounded good with it in V1 and the Tungsol in V2, but it was still lacking. The Gold Pin in V1 with the regular ECC83S in V2 sounded pretty darn good, it has the gain level and sound I want.

My question is, would putting another Gold Pin in V2 be beneficial to me? The regular ECC83S in V2 still seems to give me a bit of noise... a lot less than any other combo, but would the Gold Pin add too much gain being in V2 and V1?

I am going with a JJ for the Power Tube, I just haven't made an order yet. I usually use JJ tubes, and NOS is out of the question, I can't afford that.
As far as I know, the gold pins are not any more gainy than the normal 12ax7s, they just are smoother, and richer sounding. it might just seem to make a big difference because its in V1. so to answer the question, no, i dont see how it would make it too gainy.
Ok. Its just Amplifiedparts.com did a good write up on different current production 12AX7 tubes and they listed the Gold Pin as High Gain with Low Noise, while the regular Ecc83s was medium gain, medium noise.

But I suppose you are right. I guess, worst case is I get an extra Gold Pin and I dont like it, then I have a backup.
It all depends what V2 is in that amp. I've never played a Class 5 before, so I'm not sure. Is it in another gain stage, or is it a reverb/trem driver?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Its another gain stage, I don't understand it fully, but I believe it relates more to the Tone Stack and V1 is where more of the gain portion comes from. I don't believe V2 is a PI tube either.

And, funny thing is now, I did a little more research on Gold Pins and people were claiming there was no real difference in gain and sound, so I experimented with swapping the ECC83S into V1 and then the Gold Pin into V2... and I heard no difference in gain, noise, or tone.

I think I may just order some regular JJ ECC83s tubes. If I feel I notice a difference once I take the Gold Pin out, I will just buy another then.
If noise is the issue try a JJ ECC803S. They are slightly lower gain than the ECC83S and can cause microphonic problems in a combo but they are certainly quieter. A single ended class A amp doesn't have a phase inverter. Dig me up a schematic for the amp and I can tell you more. My guess is that at least half of V2 is for the tone stack and for that portion gain is irrelevant. Try an ECC83S in V1 and an ECC803S in V2.
In Marshalls JJ's are by far the best preamp tubes without a doubt. I have a decent collection of NOS preamp tubes and the JJ ECC83S holds its own without trouble - in the Marshalls. In Fenders, not so much but ECC83S valves sound like they were made with Marshalls in mind.
Just stick a JJ EL84 in the output.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
If noise is the issue try a JJ ECC803S. They are slightly lower gain than the ECC83S and can cause microphonic problems in a combo but they are certainly quieter. A single ended class A amp doesn't have a phase inverter. Dig me up a schematic for the amp and I can tell you more. My guess is that at least half of V2 is for the tone stack and for that portion gain is irrelevant. Try an ECC83S in V1 and an ECC803S in V2.
In Marshalls JJ's are by far the best preamp tubes without a doubt. I have a decent collection of NOS preamp tubes and the JJ ECC83S holds its own without trouble - in the Marshalls. In Fenders, not so much but ECC83S valves sound like they were made with Marshalls in mind.
Just stick a JJ EL84 in the output.

Alright, I just ordered. I grabbed an 2 JJECC83s's and a JJECC803S to try. Also the JJ EL84.

I have always liked JJ Tubes in my other amps, I had them in my JCM and JVM, I have also had them in most of my Fender amps and I find I like their tone more than stock or anything else I have tried, but theses are all new style fender amps (HRD, BJ, SuperSonic), although I do have a modded Champ 600 that sounds great with a Tungsol Reissue when I want that "clean" strat tone, but the JJ gold I had in there reacted much better with humbuckers.
I run nothing but NOS valves in my Champ. It's a 5F1 clone though - ie. a real Champ circuit, not the butchered version in the Champ 600. The JJ's sound ok in it but they can't compete with the likes of Amperex, Brimar or British Mullards 12AX7's. In Marshalls the JJ's really shine.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification