*thinline

Hey guys

Some guy has said he'd give me his tele (with 2 humbuckers) for my strat and 100 quid. Should I do it?
Last edited by PBassTeleLove19 at Oct 20, 2011,
Do you want the tele? Do you not like your strat?

Offer him your strat and 100 squid.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Quote by Eppicurt
Do you want the tele? Do you not like your strat?

Offer him your strat and 100 squid.

I do quite like the strat but I just never play it, because I have a japanese squier strat that I prefer. I've only ever had one tele, and I really liked it, but that had single coils and a solid body, so I'm not sure how a semi hollow tele with HB's will sound.
Last edited by PBassTeleLove19 at Oct 20, 2011,
I would stick with the strat, but that's just me. I think in the long run, its the better, more versatile guitar.
language
jazyk
kieli
язык
العربية

My Tumblr: Lots of artist recommendations, album reviews, and ideas about music (as well as some film and bike stuff).

Go Sharks! Go Wings! Go Flyers! Go Kings!
I haven't played the thinline with humbuckers, but the thinline with single coils was absolutely amazing and made me change my view on Telecasters. I'd pick it over any Stratocaster, but I don't like those. =P
It won't be as beefy as a les paul, but it will be beefier than your average tele, Isn't the thinline worth a bit more than than the classic 50's strat? and you get an extra hundred quid on top of it. However really its all down to preference.
Quote by RHCP_Nirvana_FF
It won't be as beefy as a les paul, but it will be beefier than your average tele, Isn't the thinline worth a bit more than than the classic 50's strat? and you get an extra hundred quid on top of it. However really its all down to preference.

yeah its about £300 more. But I mean that I give him 100 quid as well as the strat
It's gonna come down to preferance. I mean, if you only like his guitar as much as you liked yours, then it's like you paid him 100 bucks to have the same quality guitar (In your eyes).

If you like his more and it's actually WORTH paying that 100 + your strat, then go for it.
I'd do it, personally, but then I've wanted a thinline for ages and I've got more strats than fingers to play them with
1978 Peavey T-40 -> Ampeg Micro-VR - > Ampeg SVT210AV + Ampeg SVT-15E