Ok, what are some amazing "magical" licks to add in solos that will send shivers down someones spine?
I wouldn't say its a lick more like one note, the end of the solo in

Restless Soul by Hammerfall
And If you can count a whole song then
Big Sur Moon by Buckethead

But as the thread is asking for a lick then i'll say the end of the tapping part in
Temple of Hate by Angra (that lick is sick!)
Adam Jones' solo in Parabola always gives me chills, especially that little half-step pre-bend he does before going back to the root (the lick right before the pinch harmonics). Genius stuff.
The entire solo of Comfortably Numb. The whole time. Which is why its the best solo of all time (IMO)
Where's Waldo?
Practically anything that comes from a Children of Bodom solo
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Man, thank God the russians created UG. Otherwise, how would I have gotten this information?
There is a lick in Land of the New Rising Sun at the beginning that just about does it for me.
Quote by Cavalcade
Duct-taping some dry ice to my back usually does the trick. Voila! Everything I lick sends shivers down my spine. Not sure why everyone thinks that's "magic", though.

I like to do that to but when i want to do somthing with talent i play something on my guitar that can do it but better, BTW thanks guys, these are all great solos and song! I appriciate it, i can really learn some new things from these
Last edited by NewYngwie at Oct 20, 2011,
The main riff from champagne supernova by oasis.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
maudlin of the well - blight of river systems

not guitar but there's one note in miles davis's solo on the original so what record where he anticipates the change from D to Eb (or the other way round? can't remember) and plays a note that sounds terrible in one key but perfect as the change happens. one of my favourite parts of the song
Pantera - Floods , i think it is one of the best solos i have ever heard .

I also also like some guitar solo work on All Sha Perrish - Price of existence album. I liked the way chris storey combined sweep picking, legata with melodically oriented solos
Quote by chadreed32
The entire solo of Comfortably Numb. The whole time. Which is why its the best solo of all time (IMO)

^^And yet the solo to "Time" is even better.
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
Not really on-topic IMO.

Freepower, feel free to re-open it if you think I'm being a twat
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com