Page 1 of 2
Sup shoppers.

Basically, I want to print a series of poster/photo-things to decorate my walls.

What I need you to do is to take the style of this:

And apply it to this:

i.e. only black and white with simplistic shapes.

Quite a challenge perhaps, but it's worth a shot.

Thanks!
There's an app for that.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Trowzaa
There's an app for that.

Go on.

Quote by Weaponized
More like Gay-diohead

I know right.
Quote by Ahteh
Go on.

I was making a joke to start with but now I actually wish there was an app for that That would be an amazing app.

Quote by Trowzaa
I was making a joke to start with but now I actually wish there was an app for that That would be an amazing app.

Aw.

Well I got close with photoshop following some tutorial, but I'm not quite happy with it.
Well I should let you know, if you're going to ask someone to do that it won't be easy especially if you plan on printing a huge poster out of it or are you going to make the poster that exact size as the image you posted?
Quote by metaldud536
Well I should let you know, if you're going to ask someone to do that it won't be easy especially if you plan on printing a huge poster out of it or are you going to make the poster that exact size as the image you posted?

A3, approx. So not too big.

And since I suck at photoshop and it turned out alright when I tried it, I figured it wouldn't take too much effort for a pro.
Quick, Pit, turn this into a shoop thread!
Today I feel electric grey
I hope tomorrow, neon black
metaldud nailed it like he's about to go to prison for a long, long time.

Even if someone manages to get your desired effect, when you blow that up to put it on your wall, it's gonna be distorted and blurry; the resolution will be highly different, and it'll look terrible.

EDIT
Just read your reply.

As long as it's not 200%, you'll probably be okay, as you can sharpen the lines/touch up the whites for contrast.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
id do it, but im at school and my portabe photoshop on my USB is being dodgey.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
You could probably vector that with a high threshold or something, it's not too hard. Look up some tutorials. If not, I could try it for you, I'm decent with Photoshop. Might want to ask someone like Kensai or someone who's a little more adept though.

EDIT: Granted, I barely read OP. >.>
Last edited by 'Leviathan' at Oct 20, 2011,
Quote by 'Leviathan'
You could probably vector that with a high threshold or something, it's not too hard. Look up some tutorials. If not, I could try it for you, I'm decent with Photoshop. Might want to ask someone like Kensai or someone who's a little more adept though.

If you're going to vector it, I'd suggest Illustrator since it has more tools and overall better suited for it. You can vector it in photoshop but the tools feel a lot more limited to me.

Also TS, if you vector it, you can resize it to whatever size you want without losing any quality.
I wish I understood photoshop

Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I understood photoshop

Seconded.

I feel like I'm on the cusp of being able to use it somewhat proficiently every time I touch it, but always end up pissed off that it's not doing what I'm trying to make it do
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
That's pretty good for a first try, if I tried it I'd literally end up with shit smeared over my monitor somehow.

EDIT: I envy that guy ^

Quote by zeek3190
Hope this helps!

Thanks a lot.

Problem is though that I want it too look like it belongs together with the dylan one. So it needs less grainy stuff and more smoothness.
Quote by zeek3190
Hope this helps!

You did the same thing I was doing

Here's two different iterations, it's the best I can do in such a short time (I'm too busy to put some real effort into it )

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/4541/unled2th.jpg

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/6102/unled1yx.jpg

The second one looks kinda bad. The first one is cool but it's more shades than just black and white.
Just did some vectoring in Illustrator, but it's more or less the same as what's already been posted here.
Thanks, but not quite there yet. Might be impossible to get it to look like Dylan, I dunno.

Anyway, if anyone else wants to try, fire away, I'll needlessly bang my head against photoshop in the meantime.
TS, the best way to get it to look exactly the same as the Dylan one would be to actually trace the image by hand with the pen tool, or the line tool in Flash, and then fill in the blanks with black. Having done the same thing numerous times, it's not really an easy job. :\

Illustrator can't seem to get it as smooth as you want without losing detail (i.e. heads and eyes). Might have to go the hard road for this one.

EDIT: Unless... hang on, I have one more trick up my sleeve.
Last edited by 'Leviathan' at Oct 20, 2011,
Quote by 'Leviathan'
TS, the best way to get it to look exactly the same as the Dylan one would be to actually trace the image by hand with the pen tool, or the line tool in Flash, and then fill in the blanks with black. Having done the same thing numerous times, it's not really an easy job. :\

Illustrator can't seem to get it as smooth as you want without losing detail (i.e. heads and eyes). Might have to go the hard road for this one.

Can't? You're doing it wrong. Set the file resolution to 300. And you'll probably have to put more work in the heads and eyes

Quote by jetfuel495
You did the same thing I was doing

Here's two different iterations, it's the best I can do in such a short time (I'm too busy to put some real effort into it )

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/4541/unled2th.jpg

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/6102/unled1yx.jpg

The second one looks kinda bad. The first one is cool but it's more shades than just black and white.

You can convert the image to black and white, then use the curves adjustments to get rid of the grey areas. The graphic pen filter also looks nice.
Last edited by metaldud536 at Oct 20, 2011,
I love you.

My piece of shit computer doesn't have enough memory to export the image (it's pretty sizable), so here's the Illustrator file. It's all pretty smooth, you might have to remove some cross-hatching after exporting it, which isn't too hard. It's the smoothest I've gotten so far.

http://www.mediafire.com/?y3qr58v8r3y5b7q

I didn't read through this thread before posting so someone probably already posted it.
I hate people.

loltransparency
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Here's the thing.

It's better if we manually made a vector of this.

I don't know if anyone's going to take the time to do that though.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Meh, here's my go at it:

edit:

Momentosis' one is legit.
Last edited by SlayingDragons at Oct 20, 2011,
Quote by ethan_hanus
The toilet is over there, next time don't drink the ENTIRE bottle of laxative.

My rectum was excessively blocked

Page 1 of 2