What are some sweet mods people do on their guitars? Other than changing bridges and pickups. I might get coil taps. What other cool mods are there? And if you could explain what they do too (cuz I probably won't know if they're too advanced for me) that'd be great. Thanks

- Joe
It makes the tone brighter.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Killswitch's are amazingly overrated and cliche these days I feel. I will recommend the suggestion of fretboard scalloping though, it's weird at first, but a delight to play on once you adjust.
I think I'll do coil tapping and maybe change the pots. Dunno about the scalloping though. I'd have to try a guitar with it first maybe, it's irreversible if I changed my mind about it.
Quote by lightningjoe88
I think I'll do coil tapping and maybe change the pots. Dunno about the scalloping though. I'd have to try a guitar with it first maybe, it's irreversible if I changed my mind about it.

i scalloped the last six frets on my peavey and im glad i did! You wouldnt think that it would make such a big difference but it does, and its 100% a good diffeence
Quote by ethan_hanus
Tone pots makes it darker if you increase the value, volume pot makes it brighter if you increase the value.

Yeah, I thought he was talking about volume pots.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
My old Ibanez Blazer is modded thus (it started life as a SSS strat configuration):

Two single coils in the bridge position switchable between series/parallel/split, They are RW/RP to each other so they function as a humbucker when run together.
Humbucker in the neck switchable to series/parallel/split. Destined to become a P-Rail switchable between SC/P90/series humbucker.
Kill switch.
It did have a switch to change tone capacitor but once I settled on the one I wanted I pulled it out and replaced it with a kill switch.
The only other modification was adding a Schaller straplock - hardly a mod worth discussing.

Next big mod will be to scallop the fingerboard.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification