Page 1 of 2
I was thinking about it, and was wondering what would be better as far as lifestyle. Would you guys rather be a lower middle class to lower class person of today or would you rather be a wealthy person in the middle ages, and by wealthy I mean like a knight or a lord.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Middle ages ftw
Bands I've seen live:

Def Leppard
Journey
Tool
Testament
Megadeth
Slayer
Mastodon
Deftones
Alice in Chains
Foo Fighters
Rodrigo y Gabriela
Quote by due 07
Define lower middle class.

Like how many of you guys live today. Like you have the basics of modern living but nothing incredibly amazing. Like internet, running water, maybe an ipod. Like you have cool stuff from today, but you don't have like a gold plated toilet.
Wealthy people in the middle ages lived like badasses, so that option, please.
Quote by Meths
I respect and value your opinion.

Just kidding. You're a fucking retard.

Quote by Pr0gNut
You want to strap a bunch of used mattresses to the walls?

Why not just roll around naked in medical waste while you're at it?

Quote by the_perdestrian
medical waste isn't free on craigslist
Quote by EVH92
Wealthy people in the middle ages lived like badasses, so that option, please.

With no running water, have to walk outside to poop. Have to hang out with people who wipe their ass with their bare hand. No meals in five minutes. I don't know, I think I'd live today.
Quote by tayroar
Like how many of you guys live today. Like you have the basics of modern living but nothing incredibly amazing. Like internet, running water, maybe an ipod. Like you have cool stuff from today, but you don't have like a gold plated toilet.

What country does my hypothetical choice take place in?
Quote by due 07

I mean, I'm in America, but it could go for anywhere. When I think of the modern day I think like America, or the western world, same for Middle Ages. Middle Ages would also come with political responsibilities, and you'd probably have to attend church to appease the pope. Them Popes need appeasin'.
Quote by due 07

So picky are you?

Would suck to be in a country whose language you don't speak though. I could be in England and I could probably do well in Spain, but anywhere else would be too difficult.
I'd rather be a medieval knight or lord.
Since I started reading the Song of Ice & Fire series, it's been getting into my dreams
I read right before I sleep which is probably why.

In fact, I think I'd rather be a lower class (but not serf level) person in the medieval ages rather than a rich person today.
I'd just rather be in the middle ages either way

Man's too technologically advanced for my tastes at this point, and don't know how to digest the insane amount of progress they've made.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by tayroar
I mean, I'm in America, but it could go for anywhere. When I think of the modern day I think like America, or the western world, same for Middle Ages. Middle Ages would also come with political responsibilities, and you'd probably have to attend church to appease the pope. Them Popes need appeasin'.

I want to make sure I can access healthcare in my hypothetical situation.
Quote by strat0blaster
I'd just rather be in the middle ages either way

Man's too technologically advanced for my tastes at this point, and don't know how to digest the insane amount of progress they've made.

Really, says the guy sitting on a computer talking to a forum, and you'd just said you'd rather be a serf than anyone today.
Quote by tayroar
Really, says the guy sitting on a computer talking to a forum.

That's correct. Since I'm a part of 'mankind,' I don't see how this is confusing to you.

That said, I hardly think using an old PC to send text based responses to an online forum is the pinnacle of technological development.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Last edited by strat0blaster at Oct 20, 2011,
Quote by strat0blaster
That's correct. Since I'm a part of 'mankind,' I don't see how this is confusing to you.

I just really don't think you understand how bad shit sucked back then without technology. Wiping your ass with your hand sounds great. Not being able to keep rats out of your house and getting the plague is awesome, not being able to fix the plague is even better. It just annoys me when people complain about our technological advancements.
Quote by tayroar
I just really don't think you understand how bad shit sucked back then without technology. Wiping your ass with your hand sounds great. Not being able to keep rats out of your house and getting the plague is awesome, not being able to fix the plague is even better. It just annoys me when people complain about our technological advancements.

I hate to break this to you, pal, but you don't 'really' know what it was or wasn't back then either, so let's come off the "I was there, bro, you don't want none'a that!" spiel. TS asked a question, I used my opinions on the world and society to form an answer, which remains unchanged.

And really, wiping your ass with your hand? How much do you even know about the time period in question if that's something you're honestly putting forth as an argument?

However, let's run with it, tit for tat.

1. Rats in the house.
Get a cat, kill them. Traps were functional back then as well.

2. Plague catching.
Terrible. I agree, but there are diseases today that are prevalent and lethal as well; see cancer, aids, and so on.

3. No cure for the plague.
By the way, there are no cures for cancer, aids, and so on.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Quote by strat0blaster
I hate to break this to you, pal, but you don't 'really' know what it was or wasn't back then either, so let's come off the "I was there, bro, you don't want none'a that!" spiel. TS asked a question, I used my opinions on the world and society to form an answer, which remains unchanged.

And really, wiping your ass with your hand? How much do you even know about the time period in question if that's something you're honestly putting forth as an argument?

You think they had toilet paper? Paper was expensive as ****. I'm also TS. And I'm not saying I've been there or anything. I'm just saying how nice modern living is. They didn't have wood pulp paper, and because of this paper was worth a ton of money.

Quote by strat0blaster

However, let's run with it, tit for tat.

1. Rats in the house.
Get a cat, kill them. Traps were functional back then as well.

2. Plague catching.
Terrible. I agree, but there are diseases today that are prevalent and lethal as well; see cancer, aids, and so on.

3. No cure for the plague.
By the way, there are no cures for cancer, aids, and so on.

Aids and cancer aren't as easy to catch as being bitten by fleas (which if you were a serf, you probably had fleas at a few points in your life).
Last edited by tayroar at Oct 20, 2011,
Quote by tayroar
You think they had toilet paper? Paper was expensive as ****. I'm also TS. And I'm not saying I've been there or anything. I'm just saying how nice modern living is. They didn't have wood pulp paper, and because of this paper was worth a ton of money.

Oh, so throughout history, your anal cleaning options were either A) Toilet paper, or B) Your hand?

Thanks for clearing that up for me

As far as the fleas part of your comment, you 100% missed the point.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
I would live in the Middle Ages. And you wiped your ass with hay.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
No to the middle ages, despite the wenches. Too many "special" types of belts.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Chick Corea, Yes, Genesis, Jethro Tull

It is I, the mighty shitkicker, as prophesied by JustRooster. Obey me.
Quote by tayroar
With no running water, have to walk outside to poop. Have to hang out with people who wipe their ass with their bare hand. No meals in five minutes. I don't know, I think I'd live today.

That's what slaves/servants were for
Quote by Meths
I respect and value your opinion.

Just kidding. You're a fucking retard.

Quote by Pr0gNut
You want to strap a bunch of used mattresses to the walls?

Why not just roll around naked in medical waste while you're at it?

Quote by the_perdestrian
medical waste isn't free on craigslist
I'd rather be a lower class person of today, with the description you gave. Even if I was in the lower class of Mexico (or countries with similar class divides). If we were talking about being a lower class Somalian or a noble in the middle ages, it would be a tough question to answer.
Middle age.

I'd bang so many midgets.

That's what Game of Thrones is about, right?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Near absolute power over your decently-sized domain or the absolute powerlessness that is modern existence for everyone but the super rich?

**** advances in health, convenience, etc. I'd take the lord position 1000x over.
This

Or this.

Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by dullsilver_mike
Near absolute power over your decently-sized domain or the absolute powerlessness that is modern existence for everyone but the super rich?

**** advances in health, convenience, etc. I'd take the lord position 1000x over.

So, you dislike the super rich, yet you want to be one of them?
Middle age, I could do whatever I want without the law stopping me cause I'm rich and shit.

Massive jailbait orgies for everyone!
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
Middle age, I could do whatever I want without the law stopping me cause I'm rich and shit.

Massive jailbait orgies for everyone!

pretty much this. middle ages are win for the rich.
Just a sub-par guitar player..

Quote by darkstar2466
Let's make this the Pit's motto:

"Forever alone, together"

IS THIS FREEDOM, OR CONFINEMENT?! FREE MOSCOE_ESPANOL!!!
Quote by slipknot5678
So, you dislike the super rich, yet you want to be one of them?

I didn't say anywhere that I dislike the super rich. I said they have actual power and control.

That's what I want, so I envy them, I don't dislike them.
Quote by element4433
Middle age.

I'd bang so many midgets.

That's what Game of Thrones is about, right?

Pretty much
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
i'd wanna be a knight too
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
Last edited by Grimriffer at Oct 21, 2011,
Page 1 of 2