today i played guitar after school, its been a really long time since ive played because i had midterms to study for and other stuff and now that i had time to i play i only played for 5 minutes and just watched tv afterwards. i used to be able to play for hours a day now i dont want to play anymore. is anyone else going through this or is this just the end for me?
Not in that way. I usually get tired after playing for a few days in a row for hours upon hours. Then don't play for a day or two. All I can say to do is try to get back into your own routines, learn some new songs and chords, and solo over some backing tracks (for fun). Thats what I usually do to loosen up and have some fun to get into it again
When I got tired of playing guitar I just learned a new instrument, primarily bass.
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
Guitar is wearing me down a bit, but it's still fun for me. I haven't been able to play a lot because of school and that pisses me off. I've been spending more time writing lyrics and singing though which is something I need to do anyway.

Also +1 to learning a new instrument, or at learning ABOUT it. Even just playing air drums to get a beat down solid or something. It's even more fun to actually play.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Last edited by GibsonMan321 at Oct 20, 2011,
it happens... chances are that you're too drained from the midterms to really enjoy playing guitar. I love playing guitar, but sometimes it is hard work, and although emotion and feeling come into playing, so does active creativity and thinking, not to mention learning (all of which require some level of energy and effort), and if you're really drained and not in the mood, you'll struggle with it. Playing guitar takes more energy than watching tv does, and if there isn't much left to begin with, you'll end up hitting a roadblock. It happens to me often when I work late shifts (the whole time I'm aching to go home to play), then I get home and plug in, strum a few dissatisfied chords, and go to bed. My advice would be to get some rest, go out and laugh a little, then come back and try it again. =)
Epi Sheraton II or MIA FSR strat > wah Q535 > fuzzface > Keeley C4 > Qtron > Whammy > Liquid Chorus > Triboost > Hotcake > BigMuff > Small Stone > VolumePlus > SpaceEcho > Cathedral Reverb > LoFi > MemoryMan > BYOC vibrato > DD-7 > Vox AC15 C1
I decided to be stupid and take my acoustic guitar to school and not my electric. There's only so much you can do with an acoustic guitar for four months -_-

Can't wait for winter break.
G(g)od was like: "Make you an ark of gopher wood; rooms shall you make in the ark, and shall pitch it within and without with pitch."

And i was like: "What's gopher wood?"
Some famous guitarist (probably hendrix, vai, or someone famous) said something along the lines of: "some days you want to give up guitar, but if you keep at it you'll come out better."

Sorry for not remembering who said that or where I read it but someone said it.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by JKHC
Some famous guitarist (probably hendrix, vai, or someone famous) said something along the lines of: "some days you want to give up guitar, but if you keep at it you'll come out better."

Sorry for not remembering who said that or where I read it but someone said it.

it was hendrix "Sometimes you want to give up the guitar, you'll hate the guitar. But if you stick with it, you're gonna be rewarded."
Quote by cheeekens
it happens... chances are that you're too drained from the midterms to really enjoy playing guitar. I love playing guitar, but sometimes it is hard work, and although emotion and feeling come into playing, so does active creativity and thinking, not to mention learning (all of which require some level of energy and effort), and if you're really drained and not in the mood, you'll struggle with it. Playing guitar takes more energy than watching tv does, and if there isn't much left to begin with, you'll end up hitting a roadblock. It happens to me often when I work late shifts (the whole time I'm aching to go home to play), then I get home and plug in, strum a few dissatisfied chords, and go to bed. My advice would be to get some rest, go out and laugh a little, then come back and try it again. =)

yeah true, i used to be able to play for so long and still would want to play even when i wasnt home, like today on my way home from school i was aching to play and feel the strings but instantly after 1 song i put the guitar away. i just have to give it time
Get together with someone else and jam.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
can't say i've ever gotten tired of playing myself. i think that a lot of guys put to much pressure on themselves and when they don't match up to the expectation get frustrated and lose interest. musical instruments aren't something that gives instant gratification sdo as long as you go into knowing that you should be good. just play and don't saddle yourself with a bunch of expectations that are tough to meet. not everyone is cut out to be a guitar hero (i know i'm not) so just be happy to play.
Quote by cheeekens

Very well put.
TESTAMENT, SCAR SYMMETRY......SELF EXPLANATORY

ALEX SKOLNICK, PER NILSSON........ADULATION MANDATORY

Gear: JACKSON RR3

Member#25 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS CLUB. PM Revelations to Join
I get tired of breathing sometimes. Involuntary my ass.

Quote by monwobobbo
can't say i've ever gotten tired of playing with myself.

Fixed.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!