Hence the title, I have a line 6 spider4 15w.
Its not only this, because my electric guitar is a shecter omen 6 which haves tons of issues, altough the action is OK. My acoustic is a old epi with a neck bent as hell with a useless truss rod and a crazy high action.

When i listen to music, my fingers are always burning to play, but when i get on my guitars, the sound disapoint me and i get tired of the sound really fast.

Do i need a break? or better gear? :'(

Thnks in advance
maybe it's your ear that turns you off from playing when you play with the amp on? cause I have a Schecter Omen 6 as well, and I still love playing it. it's set up in a different tuning than my PRS, so I split between the 2 a lot. the Schecter was my first guitar and first love, so I'm forever faithful to it. though it doesn't really have any set up issues. what issues do you have with yours? it's supposed to be a solid guitar. I've gigged with mine plenty of times.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Whats wrong with the schecter?

And are you positive its not just your attitude towards your amp? Line 6 gets tons of hate on this site, of which I believe is unwarranted. Maybe you do hate the Line 6, but I've played that model and amps of much higher quality and I don't believe its bad.
na, i feel the same way. i had a line 6 spider 3 75 watt, and it got to the point where i didn't even want to play because the sound was so terrible. over the last 6 months or so, i discovered amp sims and impulses and that spark is back in me again.

so yes, i do believe that bad gear can affect your motivation.

you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by pedromiles101
na, i feel the same way. i had a line 6 spider 3 75 watt, and it got to the point where i didn't even want to play because the sound was so terrible. over the last 6 months or so, i discovered amp sims and impulses and that spark is back in me again.

so yes, i do believe that bad gear can affect your motivation.

possibly gonna be sigged
Quote by pedromiles101
Quote by pedromiles101

Oh My God.
Are you sure its the amp or is it people's opinion of the amp. IMO it doesn't sound bad, worse than other modelers yes but certainly better than plugging a guitar into garageband. My only complaint with the spiders is that doesn't really pick up picking dynamics.

I think its what you see others say about the amp, not the amp itself. I had a spider iv and thought it was OK for the price.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Issues with the Shecter: the nut is unglued and its moving away from the FB, its impossible to play two minutes in tune, the neck is bending toward the treble side, the bridge pup sometimes loose output, being near silent when playing cleans and all clean when distorded, the knobs and jack always get loose, the neck pup always sinks into the body so i have to constantly adjust it, and the neck straplock always get loose. Yep, thats pretty much it. Im taking it in repair because it still under warantee, and after i'm selling it to get the *much better* Tremonti SE. I'll ptobably be a couple of month without electric to save a bit, because i want to upgrade my amp too for a valveking, so ill havr to keep practicing on my epi acoustic but the playing is awfull because of the crazy high action. Also, it dosent have the sparkle that newer acoustic have. So i was thinking upgrading my acoustic too, but i'm way too poor..
Quote by n1ckn1ce
Im taking it in repair because it still under warantee, and after i'm selling it to get the *much better* Tremonti SE.

Have you contacted Schecter warranty support directly? They’re very nice people, and in your position I would just write a friendly letter about this lemon guitar and request that they replace the entire guitar.
I remember when I went to buy an amp, there were 2 amps in my price range: Spider IV and Peavey Rage 258, I got the 258 cause it didn't sound as technical as the Spider. Didn't take too long till I got bored of the 258's distorted channel and bought a pedal to improve the sound. The tone changed drastically (IMO), even though the pedal was a very cheap one :p
I also have an omen 6 and it plays fine, I don't have the problems you have (other than having to solder the output jack's wires a few times).
So I think the problem is probably in the amp.
Last edited by lilke at Apr 29, 2012,
Bring your guitar to a tech Get it set up so it plays nice, or IF you think you can handle it, fix it yourself.

As for the amp, spend a bit of time with the EQ knobs. Tweak the balls out of it until you get a nice tone. Ignore all the generic bandwagon spider bitching. Yeah they're not the best amps in the world, but that doesn't mean you can't make them sound nice.
It's hard to enjoy your trade if you don't enjoy your tools.
Ibanez AS93
Fender Marauder
Vox Pathfinder 15R
I've been tweaking the amp for hours, never heard a sound i liked.... I'll be E-mailing Shcecter waranty suport tonight, however. Thanks guys!
Quote by muso_catolico
It's hard to enjoy your trade if you don't enjoy your tools.

This, even though "a poor craftsman blames his tools"

Still though, I know if I had a tone I really hated, or a guitar I really hated, I wouldn't want to play as much or practice.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Quote by n1ckn1ce
Well, im not Herman Li, but still, my playing is ok for my level. its just the sound itself.

heh. Herman Li.

But anyway, I experienced the same thing. I had a starter pack guitar + amp for 2.5 painful years. Every time I plugged in and started playing I felt like I didn't want to play anymore because it sounded horrible.

Over the summer I bought a beautiful new guitar and amp and i've been hooked ever since.
Quote by IMTHAMAN01013
I named my guitar after my GF once... It was tempremental, the neck was too fat, and I couldn't turn down the volume, just like her...
I find myself playing unplugged often because my amp is horrible and the tube screamer patch on my pedal is lame. I've yet to learn a full song with this shit setup, it puts me off.