So I am in desperate need for a decent GFX card and may as well upgrade my laptop while I'm at it as it is about 4 years old and has an absolute crap Intel GFX chip. I've been looking into the cheapest laptops with good GFX cards and the best I could find for the cheapest was an Asus AMD Quad-Core with a Radeon HD GPU.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1333338&CatId=4938

This is pretty good for $530, but are you guys aware of anything cheaper that has a similar graphics card?

Thanks for any suggestions.
People don't really go to heaven when they die. They're taken to a special place and burned - Sherlock Holmes

Your authority is not recognized in Fort Kickass!

It's not like bullshit, more like poetry.
piss off adbot
Just a sub-par guitar player..

Quote by darkstar2466
Let's make this the Pit's motto:

"Forever alone, together"

IS THIS FREEDOM, OR CONFINEMENT?! FREE MOSCOE_ESPANOL!!!
wut?
People don't really go to heaven when they die. They're taken to a special place and burned - Sherlock Holmes

Quote by ethan_hanus
Get a dual core, so you can upgrade the graphics card for the same price.

You can pick up a Asus G71 with a dual processor, 6 gb ram, 500 gb hard drive, with a Nevida 260 GTX 1 GB graphics card for $500, I've seen them.

He's seen them.

MATTERHORN
Most laptops with dedicated graphics get pretty pricey. But the AMD LLano APU is a decent bang-for-your buck laptop graphics card. HP makes a laptop with the same CPU/GPU for less but it's a better idea to stick with that Asus.
Also, do any of you know how much it would cost to have someone swap out graphics cards for me. I'm not very good with computer electronics so I would need someone to do it for me. I'm pretty sure that as long as the graphics card doesn't exceed the max res of my current laptop screen it should work fine. My specs are fine on my laptop except for my GFX so I may be able to save some money this way.

Quote by )v(egaFan90
Also, do any of you know how much it would cost to have someone swap out graphics cards for me. I'm not very good with computer electronics so I would need someone to do it for me. I'm pretty sure that as long as the graphics card doesn't exceed the max res of my current laptop screen it should work fine. My specs are fine on my laptop except for my GFX so I may be able to save some money this way.

Swapping graphic cards with laptops is not possible.
You can't swap graphics cards in laptops like that, if it's integrated, then it can't be swapped, if it has a separate graphics card, then it's very very hard to find one that will fit, will work, and better.

There's no room in laptops to just add hardware like that.
Damn.... looks like I'll go with an Asus for around $500 then.

Quote by ethan_hanus
You can't swap graphics cards in laptops like that, if it's integrated, then it can't be swapped, if it has a separate graphics card, then it's very very hard to find one that will fit, will work, and better.

There's no room in laptops to just add hardware like that.

There's no room.

MATTERHORN