Poll: Which one should i get? (using looks and quality to determine)
Poll Options
View poll results: Which one should i get? (using looks and quality to determine)
Dean: MAB1 Lazer
9 53%
LTD MH-1000FR
8 47%
Voters: 17.
Which one has a better quality and sound regardless of looks and pricing? Thinking about which one to buy. Feel free to leave an opinion on which one you would buy. Thanks in advance!

Dean: MAB1 Lazer

ESP MH-1000Fr
Last edited by ReekingHavok at Oct 21, 2011,
No. Ltd mh-1000.

Both korean made, pretty similar guitars.
Alder vs mahogany.
Quilt top vs paintjob.
Take your pick.

I'd go for the mab. Single coil for a bit more range and theres alot less abalone.
Last edited by DimebagZappa at Oct 21, 2011,
I say go for the LTD, I have GAS for that one! Plus, I do love how the abalone looks!

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Orange Rocker 15
Marshall Class 5C
Emperor 4x12 Silver Bells
Yamaha THR10
PRS Swamp Ash Limited Custom 24
LTD Viper 500 with Duncans
i would never buy a dean. i have played quite a few of them at a local shop (which all they carry is dean), waiting to go to lessons or just to stop by and BS with the owner (kind of friend). they just dont feel right, craftsmanship is subpar, most one of them would need fretwork . i tried one USA model, and it was a lot nicer, but i still wouldn't buy it.

thats enough of me beating up on dean.

here is my point. i have $XXX to buy a guitar, i will always find a better guitar (sometimes cheaper too) for my dollar than the dean, and buy the other guitar.

i would go with the LTD. if you look on the used market i would look for an ESP.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
gotta say i love how the dean looks, especially the headstock but if i were going out on a limb i would trust the overall quality of the ltd over the dean
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
I have never played a Dean, but I own an LTD MH1000 (snow white) and it is an amazing guitar. The neck is thin and fast, and the action is great. Plus, this guitar stays in tune forever.
Quote by helies
Plus, this guitar stays in tune forever.

The MAB1 Lazer and MH-1000 both have Floyd Roses. So they both should keep the same tune. thanks for your input though!
and there no way you can play either guitar?

the ltd is a solid buy thats for sure

the only question is how the dean stacks up and i havnt seen it anywhere so i would go with the ltd
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
You mean as in test them both? Cuz i am for sure im not going to buy both of them! hah. The Dean is limited edition and is no longer made, so not many ppl sell em anymore. I could test the regular Dean: MAB1 without the lazer etching, cuz its the same guitar just with different graphics. I might just go to a guitar center and see if they have both and ill compare em.
ya thats what i meant, test em both and compare. not get both lol :P or else wth is a poll for :P

goodluck on your search man, keep us posted!
Quote by kangaxxter

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
Found a Dean: MAB1 Lazer for sale on ebay im just wondering if its legit? Under the descriptions it says "This guitar has an unfinished maple neck with an ultra fast ebony fretboard." What does it mean by "unfinished maple neck" ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dean-Michael-Angelo-MAB1-Guitar-Lazer-Case-NEW-/360396945379?pt=Guitar&hash=item53e954f7e3
Last edited by ReekingHavok at Oct 22, 2011,
Quote by ReekingHavok
You mean as in test them both? Cuz i am for sure im not going to buy both of them! hah. The Dean is limited edition and is no longer made, so not many ppl sell em anymore. I could test the regular Dean: MAB1 without the lazer etching, cuz its the same guitar just with different graphics. I might just go to a guitar center and see if they have both and ill compare em.

a limited edition dean is not going to be worth fortunes 2 years from now nor 50. if it was a highend model maybe, or an extrebut still unlikely. the era of guitars being worth ten times what you paid 40 years from now is over. i would like to think my Gibson SG White Jazz (44 of 400) would be worth a lot in the future, but who knows.

so elimininate rarity from your pros/cons.

i doubt the dean would be a fake, expecially with that graphic. but

i think the LTD would be a way better option.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
it means there is no gloss, which pretty much helps with sliding around and usually makes the neck faster...
Quote by kangaxxter

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
i will surely go for the Dean MAB!!
coz it has more range for the middle pickup. also the look is more metal than the quilted stuffs.

i really don't like the way Ltd guitars have their model number written on the 12th fret.i feel like vomiting.it will remind me every time i play the guitar--- --heyyy u have purchased this Ltd model ,, do u remember ??? lol
haha definetly true. i really dont like how they put the model number ther..... And i really do like the MAB design more cuz i mostly play metal.