How would one go about muting the strings on a power chord like this on an acoustic
|e-
|b-
|g-6
|d-x
|a-4
|E
As far as muting the low e, b and high e?
ESP LTD EC-1000 vintage black
sunburst fender MIM tele
Epiphone LP standard ebony
Mesa/boogie dual rectifier
Mesa/Boogie .50 caliber plus head
Marshall JCM900 Hi-gain MII 2500
Fender Hot rod Deluxe
Just don't play them? Work on your strumming and you'll figure out the right way to strum intervals instead of hitting every other note associated.
Be accurate.

Also, you can leave the tip of your index finger resting against the low e, and the rest of your index on the b and high e.
language
jazyk
kieli
язык
العربية

My Tumblr: Lots of artist recommendations, album reviews, and ideas about music (as well as some film and bike stuff).

Go Sharks! Go Wings! Go Flyers! Go Kings!
Quote by kaptkegan
Be accurate.

Also, you can leave the tip of your index finger resting against the low e, and the rest of your index on the b and high e.

This. And that's not a power chord, it's an octave. Power chords contain a fifth, which that does not.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
when i play octaves I mute the E string with the tip of my index, whilst fretting the A string, and lightly bar it, but not pressing down on the others. finally, fret the g string with the ring finger.

As for the more accurate picking vs muting I say it depends on the song. I find a lot of greendays octaves are better with muting (gives a more punk vibe to it) as opposed to just strumming the 3 strings.
Quote by l3vity
when i play octaves I mute the E string with the tip of my index, whilst fretting the A string, and lightly bar it, but not pressing down on the others. finally, fret the g string with the ring finger.

As for the more accurate picking vs muting I say it depends on the song. I find a lot of greendays octaves are better with muting (gives a more punk vibe to it) as opposed to just strumming the 3 strings.

It is buried a lie by senses fail
ESP LTD EC-1000 vintage black
sunburst fender MIM tele
Epiphone LP standard ebony
Mesa/boogie dual rectifier
Mesa/Boogie .50 caliber plus head
Marshall JCM900 Hi-gain MII 2500
Fender Hot rod Deluxe