I had decided to try the ruetz mod on my rat and I think I killed it. I had heard that it smooths out the frequency response and evens out the bass (at the expense of less gain) so I wanted to see how it worked since I got the pedal for a cheap price. Well, I must have clipped the wrong resistor. The gain knob does NOT work at all. I can still use the filter or the volume, but the signal is as clean as it is with the pedal off. Can I re-solder the resistor to fix this?
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Vox Night Train 15 head w/Weber loaded 1x12
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
Klone circuit/Russian Big Muff 2in 1
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
TC Electronic Nova Delay
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Line 6 M5
Ya you clipped the wrong one. I did this mod to mine, and eventually put a trim pot in there. No matter what the value is there, or even if there is no connection there it should work... If its not working right you cut the wrong one. If you can just solder whatever value resistor you clipped back in and try again.

Next time order a trim pot and put it there... I dialed in a really nice smooth middle ground between ruetz and stock. Sounds much 'warmer.'
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
K thanks. Yeah, lol nice to know my presence is missed around here.
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Vox Night Train 15 head w/Weber loaded 1x12
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
Klone circuit/Russian Big Muff 2in 1
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
TC Electronic Nova Delay
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Line 6 M5
yeah i haven't seen you around for a while, too, nice to see you back

Haven't ever tried the ruetz mod (don't even have a rat), though i've come across it during my internet lurking. I'm guessing, as everyone else is saying, if you just resolder the resistor, that should work, and that you probably just clipped the wrong resistor.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?