http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPG1j7HhN5E&feature=related
Is this to good to be true?
I play 5 hrs a day, and my d'addario, sound bad, and get hard to play in about 2 weeks.
Does this exexirs feel hard to play in about two weesks? When i put new strings on, i suddendly can play more accurate. Does the elexirs feel good all the time?
Shuld i try them?
Also, my local guitar shop guy said that all top 3 strings on all string sets are the same. Aloso are the tiop 3 strings coated on this strings?
Annyoune tried them?
Please help me
No, they don't last forever. They're worth it if you have money to spend though. I think they do have a slightly muddier tone, and depending on how you treat them. The coating can tear off after a while.
Last edited by Alkaline 64 at Oct 21, 2011,
I recommend them. I like their feel and tone. If you have the extra money at least try them out.
My sig? Nice.
I swear by them. I've only used the nano webs (not the poly), but they generally last me between 6 and 12 months depending on how much I play.

They feel a little different to start with, and they're (I believe) a bit tighter than other strings (e.g. tomastiks).

Give them a good solid try and see how you like them, but they're my string of choice.
Quote by BurningTurkey
I recommend them. I like their feel and tone. If you have the extra money at least try them out.

You know the great and solid feel of new strings? Do they got that? Have you tried them? How long do they last, and how old do they sound when you put them on?
Hm. i rememeber now they they started making them for electric guitars. I've only used them for acoustic, and like Leadeye, I use ONLY them. But I dont play very much acoustic but they seem to keep the "New string feel" for quite a while. And they sound fantastic when you first putm them on. If you're asking about the Elixers for Electric guitar, I'm not sure, though.
My sig? Nice.
Quote by Leadeye
I swear by them. I've only used the nano webs (not the poly), but they generally last me between 6 and 12 months depending on how much I play.

They feel a little different to start with, and they're (I believe) a bit tighter than other strings (e.g. tomastiks).

Give them a good solid try and see how you like them, but they're my string of choice.

What is the diffrence between poly and nano?
is it even possible for that blue E string to be that flippin dead? like, it didn't even ring... it just died... there's gotta be something wrong with his string height or his nut or whatever right?
-Gibson SG Faded
-Ibanez RG5EX1L
-Custom Upside-Down Strat
-Modded Epiphone LP
-Fender Acoustic
*Marshall DSL15H
>Ibanez TS9
>MXR Micro Flanger
>Boss TU-3
>Danelectro Vibe
>Guyatone ST-2 Comrpessor
Quote by Dr.Tong
is it even possible for that blue E string to be that flippin dead? like, it didn't even ring... it just died... there's gotta be something wrong with his string height or his nut or whatever right?

Well in case, it shuld be buzzing. Dr suck imo. Tried alexi signature set, sounded like 3 months old.
Quote by Usernames sucks
What is the diffrence between poly and nano?

From what I understand, the polywebs have a thicker coating, which affects the sound, but they last longer.

The nanos have a thinner coating, but sound brighter (I use phospher bronze). They last (WAY -edit) longer than most other strings, but not as long as the polywebs.

Have said all that, I've never used the polywebs, that's just what I've read.
Last edited by Leadeye at Oct 21, 2011,
ahahahaha i just realized these are just like condoms
-Gibson SG Faded
-Ibanez RG5EX1L
-Custom Upside-Down Strat
-Modded Epiphone LP
-Fender Acoustic
*Marshall DSL15H
>Ibanez TS9
>MXR Micro Flanger
>Boss TU-3
>Danelectro Vibe
>Guyatone ST-2 Comrpessor
I didn't mind the elixers when I tried them out, they do seem to last way longer. But I don't know if I just have bad luck with them or what, but I had a string break twice while restringing my acoustic so that put me off them.

I'm very picky about how my acoustic sounds with string though and I wasn't the biggest fan of how they sounded. I just use martin now I'm happy with their sound and they last a decent length of time, even if it means I have to change strings more often.
They feel nice, but they sound like shit.

Just my opinion. Your opinion could be different, and the only way to find out if you like them or not is to try them.

TL;DR: This thread is pointless. Just try them out. Nothing anyone here says will help you to ascertain if you'll like them or not.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I only use Elixir Nanoweb strings and I've tried most brans of strings. They're like Ernie Ball imo, but they last a good amount of time longer than EB's do.
Quote by Alkaline 64
No, they don't last forever. They're worth it if you have money to spend though. I think they do have a slightly muddier tone, and depending on how you treat them. The coating can tear off after a while.

this. theyre are sligtly muddier tan te EBs I normally use, but they also sound like fresh EBs alot longer. EBs last long enouugh for me so i cant justify the double price for elixers
I use $2 strings and they seem to last forever feel wise. Of course they sound brighter when I put on a new set.

I wonder if the composition of oils/salts on people's hands make the results different for each of us.
Quote by fly135

I wonder if the composition of oils/salts on people's hands make the results different for each of us.

Yep. Everybody's hands are different, so string brands are completely personal choice. OP, if you're curious, get a set and try them out. I liked Elixirs when I was using them, but then I became a broke college student and now I get whatever's cheapest.
Quote by Usernames sucks
Also, my local guitar shop guy said that all top 3 strings on all string sets are the same.

Whoever said that is a complete moron. That just doesn't make any sense at all.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Then it really comes down to more playability then tone, new strings do sound better I wont argue that point but it's more just how they are easier to play more then anything. So unless you play more jazz or clean stuff in which case there isn't any distortion to cover up the fact you strings are old.

I haven't tried the electrics guitar strings from elixer (I use slinky's) but if they are anything like the acoustic ones then they should keep that playability longer. Can't comment on the tone they produce since it's a different material.