Hi everybody, I was wondering about a passive pickup for an Ibanez Gio guitar that would be mainly used for Metal for my first try replacing pickups.
Thanks!
There is a guitar pickup thread with much information, I suggest checking it out.

Also, metal is a very broad genre. You should be more specific. And give a budget.
Quote by W4RP1G
There is a guitar pickup thread with much information, I suggest checking it out.

Also, metal is a very broad genre. You should be more specific. And give a budget.

I should have expanded haha.. Price is no object, and mainly thrash/groove metal is what I'll probably play most on it.
Quote by philipk
price is no object but youre playing on an ibanez gio?

Haha, no, I'm changing the pickups on that so if I screw it up there's no big loss.
Thrash...
Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz
Gibson 500T/490R
SD Distortion set
EMGs
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by Shinozoku
Thrash...
Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz
Gibson 500T/490R
SD Distortion set
EMGs

I really do like the sound of the SD distortion, so I might get either that or a Dimarzio D-Activator
Quote by Shinozoku
Thrash...
Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz
Gibson 500T/490R
SD Distortion set
EMGs

All good suggestions. I'd personally go with a Dimarzio Super 3 before going with D'Activators.

Also, if you don't own a better guitar, you ought to look for one. You may be able to find a Japanese Ibanez on eBay, perhaps even with a pickup upgrade already, for around $400.