Page 1 of 14
there is absolutely no evidence filmed,photographed or other wise.you cannot dispute this.lets take a look at the most obvious facts availible.some people find it extremely hard to deal with loss.sleep paralysis.hallucinations.through tv and various other mediums we are taught to fear the "unknown".ghosts are no different than big foot.they do not exist.if you can prove other wise then do so or forever know that i am right.

Your argument is invalid
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Yeah then who was phone?
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
This is more like a reply to someone making a statement that it is, not something OP worthly as it doen't invite to any discussion.

I used to believe in that shit, but that belief have long since faded away.
Last edited by GisleAune at Oct 21, 2011,
I believe, I cannot explain the mechanics of it, all I have is my experience, and to me the most fitting explanation I could derive was that what I saw was 'real' and not a figment of my imagination.
yo.

I BELIEVE
Quote by fail
Yeah then who was phone?

Ghost was phone.

TS's argument = invalid
I think it's time for a change.

Sig v5.0 (approximate)
Last edited by §ArmyofAngels§ at Oct 21, 2011,
I've seen loads of ghosts.
Quote by ACG

In conclusion, I'm gay.

Mud Sergeant of the Primus Sucks Club. PM StratEnRegalia to join.

"Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join."
Quote by SlackerBabbath
Define 'ghost'.

Anything that you can't instantly explain in a logical way. Like the new 'tallica album.
Quote by guitarxo
Would you like it if someone said you weren't real

lol 95% of worlds population doesn't know that i exist :P
Oh **** trust an 11'er to start this shit. When you can prove they don't exist (and not assume) because of a lack of evidence, then we'll pay attention to this
I'm not saying not to trust the internet, but there's an alarming discrepancy between the number of iPads I've won & the number of iPads I own.
Actually, we're the ghosts, and the beings we perceive as ghosts and try to disprove are actually the living.

MINDFREAK!
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by SlackerBabbath
Define 'ghost'.

A soul that thought the other side to be too mainstream.
Quote by guitar/bass95
lol 95% of worlds population doesn't know that i exist :P

So, you're saying that 5% of the worlds population (about 350 million) are aware of you personaly?
Quote by Lulzcifer
there is absolutely no evidence filmed,photographed or other wise.you cannot dispute this.lets take a look at the most obvious facts availible.some people find it extremely hard to deal with loss.sleep paralysis.hallucinations.through tv and various other mediums we are taught to fear the "unknown".ghosts are no different than big foot.they do not exist.if you can prove other wise then do so or forever know that i am right.

Alright, just when I was looking for a thread like this, one appears! There is evidence across the Internet in forms of videos, photographs, and personal eyewitness accounts of supernatural activity. Granted, not all of them are factual especially over 75% of "ghost" clips you will see on Youtube. Not to mention unless you yourself participate in a ghost hunt of a proclaimed haunted area and don't find anything, than you can knock it all you want. But when you see/hear what I've seen once after visiting Whispering Estates in Indiana, then don't knock it until you try it. Here's a couple of photos of what I believe to be real ghosts, I'd like you to try and debunk them.

Well what do we have here? Two spectral faces looking up from the waves of a body of water. How did these faces get here? Were they mere anomalies on a camera/within the camera's range? Was it the light deflecting in a funny way? Or did the waves mysteriously contort themselves into two face-like shapes?

Please, debunk away, and keep in mind this photograph was taken in 1924.

Here's another...

Oh Jesus Christ on a pogo stick! Where's the rest of this guy!? What we have here is clearly a figure of a man sitting in a chair, but then again, he's not really sitting since he apparently doesn't have an ass. I'll repeat the same questions I just asked in the previous thread, was this the light playing tricks on the camera lens? An anomaly? Or did someone burn an image of a man into a chair? Keep in mind this photo was taken in 1891.
NOT EASILY LED, EASILY BANNED.
Quote by guitar/bass95
So there is evidence that they exist?

No, nobody has either proven or disproven that it does exist. But I have to agree with the naysayers here, it is false until the opposite is proved.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I highly doubt you have 338,761,785 friends on Facebook.

I do. I put up a new profile under the name of John Petrucci *trollface*

Joking, of course
Quote by Twofly
Oh **** trust an 11'er to start this shit. When you can prove they don't exist (and not assume) because of a lack of evidence, then we'll pay attention to this

Waitwaitwait.

Are you actualy suggesting that it's up to the sceptics to prove that ghosts don't exist rather than it being up to those that claim they exist to prove that they do exist?
^ taken in 1924 and 1891 respectively, photo shopped several years ago.

But I'll run with it and assume it's a natural anomaly. Did you see the piece of toast that everyone saw Jesus' portrait in?

Could be a guy there, could be smoke, could be shitty film or partial exposure, could be an error in developing, or it could be a ghost.

But that's not really proof, man. When people see God in a piece of burnt toast, a burrito; hell, there's even a picture of 'his' silhouette around a dog's puckered bum floating around online somewhere, there's no accounting or disproving something like that.

Do I believe there are spirits and ghosts? 100%. Do I believe that's what you're seeing in those pictures? Not at all.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Last edited by strat0blaster at Oct 21, 2011,
I've seen a "shadow ghost" full figured apparition.

But the thing about ghosts is that even if you DO see what you believe to be a ghost, over time, you rationalize it as something else.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

Quote by strat0blaster
^ taken in 1924 and 1891 respectively, photo shopped several years ago.

But I'll run with it and assume it's a natural anomaly. Did you see the piece of toast that everyone saw Jesus' portrait in?

So every single ghost picture out there is photoshopped? Hmm...either whoever did these is a master of photoshopping or these aren't photoshopped at all. And yes I saw that piece of Jesus toast, but that was merely coincidence. When you've been to an actual haunted location as I have and you see and hear stuff that other people can verify you have to wonder if it's not just coincidence after coincidence. How do you explain people who have seen and heard supernatural things? A wave of mass hysteria?

Do I believe there are spirits and ghosts? 100%. Do I believe that's what you're seeing in those pictures? Not at all.

What would you consider legitimate evidence then now that audio/visual evidence is considered null and void? Eyewitness accounts?
Last edited by KnightBand at Oct 21, 2011,
OP, what you're saying also applies to ESP, telekinesis, psychics, fortune tellers, any kind of god, homeopathy, unicorns, gremlins, magic, etc. etc. etc.

What I'm saying is, what is the purpose of thread? All the reasonable people already know this. Everyone else will refuse to listen to reason.

Quote by KnightBand
How do you explain people who have seen and heard supernatural things? A wave of mass hysteria?

Confirmation bias.

Failing that, they're lying or mentally ill.

Quote by KnightBand
So every single ghost picture out there is photoshopped?

Well, duh.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Last edited by -xCaMRocKx- at Oct 21, 2011,
Quote by GisleAune
No, nobody has either proven or disproven that it does exist. But I have to agree with the naysayers here, it is false until the opposite is proved.

I know it's just semantics but saying it's false would imply that it is disproven.
yo.

I BELIEVE
Quote by KnightBand
So every single ghost picture out there is photoshopped? Hmm...either whoever did these is a master of photoshopping or these aren't photoshopped at all. And yes I saw that piece of Jesus toast, but that was merely coincidence. When you've been to an actual haunted location as I have and you see and hear stuff that other people can verify you have to wonder if it's not just coincidence after coincidence. How do you explain people who have seen and heard supernatural things? A wave of mass hysteria?

Prove it.

Now you're sounding just like TS.

And not to discredit that shocking revelation you h-bombed us with by saying you've EXPERIENCED THE SUPERNATURAL OMG, but I said that I do believe in such things, but actually thinking that humans can just arbitrarily take pictures of them is so asinine that there should be a new, stronger word for how asinine that is.

As far as evidence, it's not something that can be physically quantified, in my humble opinion. Experiences like that are akin to finding faith or a God, really. It's a feeling you get, not a snapshot you take. How cheap are you trying to make things like life and death that you feel you can just snap a picture of the in-between? If it were as simple and factual as you're suggesting, there'd be proof one way or another, and this debate would be stupid.

Wait, it's still stupid, but we wouldn't be having it due to that proof.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Last edited by strat0blaster at Oct 21, 2011,

Target acquired..
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by guitar/bass95
Of course.

Including this one?

This image was taken at Bachelor's Grove cemetery in 1991 I believe, it was published in the Chicago Tribune that year. Before the dawn of photoshop. If you look closely you can see that this woman is partially transperent, you can see tree branches and leaves behind her. This couldn't be a photoshop job considering it hadn't even come out yet.
Quote by KnightBand

What would you consider legitimate evidence then now that audio/visual evidence is considered null and void? Eyewitness accounts?

Stop arguing dude, when I look at those two pictures you posted and I can say that they're nothing conclusive at all and I actually believe ghosts do exist.

This is not one of those things where you can just convince someone over the internet and I would be pretty embarrassed for someone if they were convinced over the internet...

just stop bro.
yo.

I BELIEVE
Quote by Twofly

Also

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareidolia
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
Define 'ghost'.

What is a ghost? A tragedy condemned to repeat itself time and again? An instant of pain, perhaps. Something dead which still seems to be alive. An emotion suspended in time. Like a blurred photograph. Like an insect trapped in amber.
Quote by Våd Hamster
Fuck yes you are the best poster ever

do you wanna hear a little piano composition I have just made?, I promise it don't totally sucks, you can hear it on my profile, any feedback would be really appreciated -C4C
Quote by KnightBand

Playing devil's advocate here, but it could be exactly that. It's not exactly a far stretch. Mass hysteria isn't a new concept.

Also, people in earlier times still possessed rudimentary photo editing techniques (see, for an example, Stalin). With the massive number of people who think ghosts are awesome (and/or want attention), have access to the internet, and far more powerful photo manipulation tools, what makes you think that it isn't possible?

It's also very possible that the haunted locations you speak of are "haunted" due to the effect of confirmation bias. A convenient example of this effect is in the first post of the Nightmare Inducement thread (the one with the man and his face in dreams).
I think it's time for a change.

Sig v5.0 (approximate)
Last edited by §ArmyofAngels§ at Oct 21, 2011,
Quote by KnightBand

This image was taken at Bachelor's Grove cemetery in 1991 I believe, it was published in the Chicago Tribune that year. Before the dawn of photoshop. If you look closely you can see that this woman is partially transperent, you can see tree branches and leaves behind her. This couldn't be a photoshop job considering it hadn't even come out yet.

First, I can't even see through her.

Second, photography manipulation has existed for almost as long as photography. Saying "Photoshop wasn't invented" does not prove the photograph was not altered.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Last edited by -xCaMRocKx- at Oct 21, 2011,
Quote by strat0blaster
Prove it.

I spoke to the Jebus, we shared a beer and laughed at that story.

Now you're sounding just like TS.

I see what you mean.

And not to discredit that shocking revelation you h-bombed us with by saying you've EXPERIENCED THE SUPERNATURAL OMG, but I said that I do believe in such things, but actually thinking that humans can just arbitrarily take pictures of them is so asinine that there should be a new, stronger word for how asinine that is.

Yes, but isn't it just as asinine and hard-headed to immediately discredit any evidence of spirits/ghosts as just photoshop jobs?

Keeping an open mind can do wondrous things.

As far as evidence, it's not something that can be physically quantified, in my humble opinion. Experiences like that are akin to finding faith or a God, really. It's a feeling you get, not a snapshot you take. How cheap are you trying to make things like life and death that you feel you can just snap a picture of the in-between? If it were as simple and factual as you're suggesting, there'd be proof one way or another, and this debate would be stupid.

Wait, it's still stupid, but we wouldn't be having it due to that proof.

So you believe in ghosts and spirits but won't accept any evidence in them because clearly they must not be able to be captured with a camera? Is that what you're saying?
Quote by KnightBand

Well what do we have here? Two spectral faces looking up from the waves of a body of water. How did these faces get here? Were they mere anomalies on a camera/within the camera's range? Was it the light deflecting in a funny way? Or did the waves mysteriously contort themselves into two face-like shapes?

Humans have a kind of instinctual facial recognition, which is why we see faces everywhere, such as in strange places like mountain sides or cliff faces or on a piece of toast or even on the lid from a jar of Marmite.

Quote by KnightBand

Here's another...

Obviously a double exposure of some kind.