So im thinking about buying a new overdrive and ive heard about the excalibur tone screamer..

its this one:
http://axis-online.eu/web/en/excalibur/effect-pedals/tone-screamer/

Ive got a boss sd-1 super-overdrive which im using for boosting my blackstar ht-5r
but the sd-1 has not enough output imo...

so i want to use the tone screamer as a booster...

any opinions about this pedal?
Equipment in use:

Ibanez RG 2550Zgw
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Yamaha Pacifica 112J
Blackstar HT-5R C
Boss GT-8
Boss SD-1
Dunlop Cry Baby GCB95

Former equipment:

Fender American Vintage 62 Strat
Marshall AVT 50C
Boss MT-2
Haven't heard of them before or had a chance to play one but the demo's sound pretty nice. I mean if it's the sound you're after then why not? It looks/sounds like a good pedal.

How much?
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Quote by Eppicurt
Haven't heard of them before or had a chance to play one but the demo's sound pretty nice. I mean if it's the sound you're after then why not? It looks/sounds like a good pedal.

How much?

its about 80€ (new) in germany (whats alot cheaper than a tube screamer here (except tone lock series))

yeah the demo sounds nice but i need a pedal with enough output for really boosting a tube amp, so i want to know if anyone knows if its "loud" enough... (because the boss sd-1 has not enough output imo) and if the pedal really sounds as good as the demo
Equipment in use:

Ibanez RG 2550Zgw
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Yamaha Pacifica 112J
Blackstar HT-5R C
Boss GT-8
Boss SD-1
Dunlop Cry Baby GCB95

Former equipment:

Marshall AVT 50C
Boss MT-2
do you know where it's made? I mean if all you want is a tubescreamer, there are a lot of chinese-made cheaper clones, like tonerider or joyo.

Also you'd want to make sure that ts-style ods have more output than an sd1. I'm not sure if they do or not.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
do you know where it's made? I mean if all you want is a tubescreamer, there are a lot of chinese-made cheaper clones, like tonerider or joyo.

i found out that they use parts from taiwan and usa and put them together in germany. quality control is in germany too... (well this could explain why they are cheaper than ibanez stuff in germany, and why obviously nobody has heard of them or played them...)
Equipment in use:

Ibanez RG 2550Zgw
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Yamaha Pacifica 112J
Blackstar HT-5R C
Boss GT-8
Boss SD-1
Dunlop Cry Baby GCB95

Former equipment:

Marshall AVT 50C
Boss MT-2
ah ok

Might be worth a try, i dunno, but i've never tried them
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?