Online shopping is nothing new, especially in plugged-in South Korea. But one company says it's going further. It's testing out a virtual supermarket in a public place.

At Seolleung underground station in Seoul, there's a row of brightly lit billboards along the platform, with hundreds of pictures of food and drink - everything from fruit and milk to instant noodles and pet food.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-15341910

Not sure if want.jpg

Sure it would make things easier if you don't have the time, but I prefer the physical shops. How abouts you, physical or virtual shop?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
definitely physical, I even resent the electronic cashier things.

I prefer to have someone else scan and put my items in a bag for me as a convenience. (eat shit americans)
yo.

I BELIEVE
lolwut. Then where do you get the actual items?

EDIT: Put your items in bag you lazy git When I worked in a supermarket I despised people that asked me to pack their bags.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Teh Traineez0rz

I prefer to have someone else scan and put my items in a bag for me as a service. (eat shit americans)

I will. And I won't be embarrassed when I buy it from the store.
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
Quote by Trowzaa

EDIT: Put your items in bag you lazy git When I worked in a supermarket I despised people that asked me to pack their bags.

I assume they mail it.
NOT EASILY LED, EASILY BANNED.
I'd prefer that. Especially where I live, in the city. Would mean I don't have to carry tons of heavy shopping bags back home, just take my phone out with me.

I guess it would depend on if it costs for the delivery, and how fast it would arrive at my home
Quote by Trowzaa

Noooooo...I live in Australia, pretty much it's commonplace for the cashier to bag them.

Except at Aldi, and they pay their cashiers a lot more than they do at the bigger supermarkets.
yo.

I BELIEVE
Quote by sam b
I'd prefer that. Especially where I live, in the city. Would mean I don't have to carry tons of heavy shopping bags back home, just take my phone out with me.

I guess it would depend on if it costs for the delivery, and how fast it would arrive at my home

It's good workout, brah.

Besides, won't this mean a lot of people could be out of a job?
Quote by KnightBand
I assume they mail it.

So if you need it quickly then you're buggered? As long as every shop ever doesn't end up like this then I'm okay with this.

Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
Noooooo...I live in Australia, pretty much it's commonplace for the cashier to bag them.

Except at Aldi, and they pay their cashiers a lot more than they do at the bigger supermarkets.

Classic Aldi.

Last edited by Trowzaa at Oct 21, 2011,
Quote by Kensai
It's good workout, brah.

Besides, won't this mean a lot of people could be out of a job?

It's annoying and an inconvenience, especially if I've bought other things on the same trip out.

Things with that require less effort appeal to people, that's why we have cars, esculators all over the place, even automatic doors..

If they can get the right balance of speed and price, I think this could take off, around the world
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz

I prefer to have someone else scan and put my items in a bag for me as a convenience. (eat shit americans)

I'm confused.

They always bag/scan here. I don't think I've ever been to a store that doesn't.
Quote by Kamikaze1014
I'm confused.

They always bag/scan here. I don't think I've ever been to a store that doesn't.

I was taking a jab that you're 'motivated' to tip the person...poorly executed though.

2/10
yo.

I BELIEVE
Quote by sam b
It's annoying and an inconvenience, especially if I've bought other things on the same trip out.

Things with that require less effort appeal to people, that's why we have cars, esculators all over the place, even automatic doors..

If they can get the right balance of speed and price, I think this could take off, around the world

But what about buying like vegetables and fruit etc?

Don't you like to see what it is you're getting?

It could be all dried up and fuck. Same with meat. It could be almost green, as it seems to be in most Tescos.
how can anyone actually enjoy standing in line at the supermarket?delivered grocerys is far from being a new idea anyway
One day.....You will have a touchpad on your refrigerator connected to the internet. You will be able to do all of your shopping right there on that touchpad and your food would be delivered to you on a reasonable date of your choosing from a provider of your choosing. Thats the future of grocery shopping. Make it happen world.
Quote by Trowzaa

...Is it not your job? I don't know what it's like in other countries but you would bag every item for the customer here... if you asked to do it yourself the cashier would look at you weird. Except as someone mentioned, Aldi's, there they just scan everything really quick and pretty much throw it at you .
R/DedIT
The Glitch Mob

Arkasia

Tool

Quote by madbasslover
I'd pay four bucks to have those 6 balls stuffed in my mouth.
Part of my job description is to bag items that i've sold. If the customer starts bagging, i'm not going to stop them though.
It could be bad for people who work in grocery if it catches on but as far as being convenient, I'd dig it when I don't feel like going out and buying food.

Don't think I'd use it when buying stuff like meat or veggies though.
Quote by sam b

I think this is one of the first steps towards future dystopian societies where everyone sits on their ass all day and some invisible hand feeds them what someone wants them to hear. Mark my words.

It's already started with people having their bags done by staff. Can't you people pack your own damn bags? This is why you're fat, america.
I wouldn't be surprised if this took off, but it probably won't replace physical grocery stores any time soon, if ever.

^ I thought we were fat because we use slabs of fried chicken as bread.
Quote by Tyler.Allain
One day.....You will have a touchpad on your refrigerator connected to the internet. You will be able to do all of your shopping right there on that touchpad and your food would be delivered to you on a reasonable date of your choosing from a provider of your choosing. Thats the future of grocery shopping. Make it happen world.

You forgot that the refrigerator will notice when you are low/out of basic stuff like milk and eggs and will add those to the list for you.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Quote by RU Experienced?
^ I thought we were fat because we use slabs of fried chicken as bread.

No, it's pretty much because someone packs your bags in the grocery stores.

Packing my own bags gave me the muscles I have today. Also going to the gym helped.
Quote by Kensai
No, it's pretty much because someone packs your bags in the grocery stores.

Packing my own bags gave me the muscles I have today. Also going to the gym helped.

What's a ghyme?
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']What's a ghyme?
Quote by andyscoot
Part of my job description is to bag items that i've sold. If the customer starts bagging, i'm not going to stop them though.

Really? Do you work in a supermarket?

Quote by Kensai
I think this is one of the first steps towards future dystopian societies where everyone sits on their ass all day and some invisible hand feeds them what someone wants them to hear. Mark my words.

It's already started with people having their bags done by staff. Can't you people pack your own damn bags? This is why you're fat, america.

Correct
Well in the UK there's a 'shop' called Argos and it seems to be pretty successful... which I think, from that small extract I read, is kinda similar to this
Spin round carousel
When your horse isn't screwed in

I II III VI:1 VI:2
Last edited by mullet1337 at Oct 21, 2011,