Page 1 of 2
Yea I just drove to the shop just to buy 2 cans of monster which I just drank even though I was telling myself I didn't need them.

I drank both cans even though it usually makes me feel dizzy and sick for about an hour afterwards.
I started drinking the Rockstar Energy a couple months ago when I got a bunch for free at a music festival. They were really good so I bought some later from the store. They were pretty expensive, so I simply stopped buying them. I have not felt addicted to them and I don't sit around craving a Rockstar Energy drink.
People don't really go to heaven when they die. They're taken to a special place and burned - Sherlock Holmes

Your authority is not recognized in Fort Kickass!

It's not like bullshit, more like poetry.
I'm assuming they are, because of the caffeine. But I don't know to which degree.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Caffeine addiction brah. Majority of people are addicted to coffee because of that.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

It's not like you become addicted to "Rockstar" or "Monster", it's the caffeine and other crap. It's a stimulant, right? So your body can get used to running on it. So some people have a hard to functioning when they don't have one.
I see myself as an intelligent, sensitive human, with the soul of a clown which forces me to blow it at the most important moments.
-Jim Morrison
it might be the caffeine but i definitely get hardcore cravings for monster, i drink a ton of them. i also work night shift 10 p.m. to 7 a.m. so i'm always taking in caffeine
my stuff:
schecter c-1+
ibanez rg3exfm1
schecter avenger 7-string with emgs
esp/ltd mh-50
peavey 6505+ 112 combo
tc electronic polytune
way huge green rhino
mxr micro flange
mxr smart gate
dunlop crybaby
Energy drinks are a gateway drink to harder stuff like coffee and espresso. Look for upcoming movie "energy drink madness" that warns of the horrors of TEENS GONE CRAZY on "The E"
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
Quote by theboots
It's not like you become addicted to "Rockstar" or "Monster", it's the caffeine and other crap. It's a stimulant, right? So your body can get used to running on it. So some people have a hard to functioning when they don't have one.

wow, thats quite scary
Yeah dude, everything's addictive to some degree.

I'm addicted to tea... and cigarettes.
Yes, they're addictive due to the caffine content in them. How much you need to become addicted I don't know, but they have an extremely high caffine percentage in them.

EDIT: Also, consuming large quantities of caffine can be pretty dangerous; and if you drink large quantities regularly, that can be even more dangerous.
You cannot choose the little time you're given in this world. You enter bare and unclothed, provided only with intelligence enough to choose how you spend your time. You always have a choice. Always. Though be warned, your choice can rarely be undone
Last edited by rockdude375 at Oct 21, 2011,
I'm not sure how true this is, but didn't Robbie Williams have to go to rehab last year for his addiction to Red Bull among other (legal) things? I think he was on something like 50 cans a day.

People can be addicted to anything, but Energy drinks? You would have to be drinking a lot of them day in and day out.
Quote by rockdude375
Yes, they're addictive due to the caffine content in them. How much you need to become addicted I don't know, but they have an extremely high caffine percentage in them.

I've been addicted for literally years and its just a pain..
If I don't have some kind of caffeine, I will have a headache all day.
Give me caffeine and I'll be fine.

As much as I don't believe in some 'addictions' and crap that people believe in, I know for a fact it affects me
Current Stage Gear
Ibanez 1987 RG550 Road Flare Red(66th one ever made)
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
Quote by theboots

Thats exactly why i gave up caffeine, (except in chocolate if i eat a cookie or chocolate chip muff or somethin) haven't had any since last November and haven't had any soda (i was drinkin caffeine free for awhile) since February.
Not to me. I haven't had one for a while, but damn... Lucozade = niceee. I want one now... thanks TS, going to book in to rehab for a months time.
This will start a RIOT! in me
Quote by MrKyran
I'm not sure how true this is, but didn't Robbie Williams have to go to rehab last year for his addiction to Red Bull among other (legal) things? I think he was on something like 50 cans a day.

People can be addicted to anything, but Energy drinks? You would have to be drinking a lot of them day in and day out.

I think Robbie Williams almost died because of it.
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
Quote by SG_dave
Anything is addictive.

Especially if you're someone who's very sensitive to dopamine in the brain.

This.
Check out my punk band!!! Lizard on the Window We found a drummer and are now recording.

White Version FC: 4083 9268 4644
White 2 FC: 5372 8215 3622
3DS FC: 1676 4085 1677
Its not as bad as heroine, but probably more chemically addictive than marijuana. I have no basis for that other than a feeling though. Also I don't think marijuana is supposed to be chemically addictive at all.
language
jazyk
kieli
язык
العربية

My Tumblr: Lots of artist recommendations, album reviews, and ideas about music (as well as some film and bike stuff).

Go Sharks! Go Wings! Go Flyers! Go Kings!
Quote by Kensai
I'm assuming they are, because of the caffeine. But I don't know to which degree.

Caffeine can be fairly heavily addictive, we're just so used to it that we don't notice. The withdrawal symptoms can be pretty nasty, particularly if you happen to be doing stuff every day that requires concentration and alertness (School or Work).

The Sugar is probably playing a role too though.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Dan_5893
I'm, like, totally addicted to oxygen. Like, I'll, Like, totally, like, die or something, like, if I don't get any.

Me too, my addiction has torn my family apart.
Quote by MrKyran

I'm pretty sure 50 cans is far beyond lethal. I remember someone dying from drinking 7-8 cans of mother or something. Pretty sure it was those big 500mL cans though. Then again, how do you even drink that much?
R/DedIT
The Glitch Mob

Arkasia

Tool

Quote by madbasslover
I'd pay four bucks to have those 6 balls stuffed in my mouth.
Ugh, my friend can be such a turd when he's not had any caffeine.

Loveable oaf.
Quote by SnowTau
I'm pretty sure 50 cans is far beyond lethal. I remember someone dying from drinking 7-8 cans of mother or something. Pretty sure it was those big 500mL cans though. Then again, how do you even drink that much?

Apparently Robbie was on 35 espresso and 20 Red Bulls a day
Quote by SnowTau

Isn't red bull like 330ml

50x330 = 16500

or 16.5 litres 16.5 litres of red bull is an insane amount
Quote by mikeyknowsbetter

50x330 = 16500

they have 500ml cans and 1l cans here in Australia aswell.
yo.

I BELIEVE
Quote by SnowTau

It wouldn't be lethal due to the caffeine anyway, pretty much the only way to overdose on caffeine is through pills.
You'd have to drink, I remember a lecturer telling me, about 80 cups of coffee in an hour or so in order to overdose. It's pretty much impossible. Given that Red Bull has less caffeine than a standard cup of Coffee, you wouldn't overdose on it from drinking 50 cans a day. 7-8 cans of any energy drink wouldn't kill you, unless it were cans of that highly concentrated caffeine stuff they've started to sell in little 20ml bottles.

Voltaire reportedly drunk 50 cups of coffee a day.

However, the sugar in a 50 can a day Red Bull habit would have pretty serious adverse effects.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington

50x330 = 16500

He must of gradually had more and more per day and built a tolerance where as the one I mentioned probably suddenly one night had heaps for the first time, and bam, something happened to her heart or something, can't quite remember what.

But still, I'm not concerned about sugar and caffeine in this case, I'm wondering how the **** you can drink so much of anything in a single day.

Quote by Ur all $h1t
It wouldn't be lethal due to the caffeine anyway, pretty much the only way to overdose on caffeine is through pills.

I'm assuming it was a mixture of caffeine and all the sugar and just everything at once. There's a lot of shit in those drinks. I have probably 1 a month or something.. personally I don't find them addictive, but maybe I am very slightly addicted to coke.
R/DedIT
The Glitch Mob

Arkasia

Tool

Quote by madbasslover
I'd pay four bucks to have those 6 balls stuffed in my mouth.
Last edited by SnowTau at Oct 21, 2011,
Quote by MrKyran

If that was true, I feel sorry for his toilet.
________ A
________C
________E
________!
I honestly wouldn't be able to drink one 1l can

yeah it's the most impractical shit ever but that's what the companies gotta do to sell em' keep out doing each other or copying each other.

the 3 energy drinks being sold were all sold in small quantities like 330 ml and then in 2008 one company reformulated their drink and repackaged it in a 500 ml can to sell it. It worked too, they made it taste good and it was larger than the V's and Red Bulls, the other two decided to introduce a 500 ml variety to compete, I got off energy drinks about 2 years ago that's when they started going silly with the novelty 1l can and shit.
yo.

I BELIEVE
Quote by SnowTau

I'm assuming it was a mixture of caffeine and all the sugar and just everything at once. There's a lot of shit in those drinks. I have probably 1 a month or something.. personally I don't find them addictive, but maybe I am very slightly addicted to coke.

Probably not. It'd require an awful lot of it. All that's really in them is Sugar and Caffeine. Some of them now have Taurine (which seems to do nothing), B vitamins, or Guarana (which is pretty much Caffeine).

What does sometimes happen is that people drink them and then go and play sports or so some other strenuous activity which can put a strain on the heart. Generally though that's only bad when you have some pre-existing condition, which some teens do and don't know about.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
I have an addiction to energy drinks, the same way your parents are probably addicted to coffee. It's not I can't go without them, but that I feel sluggish and grumpy if I dont have them.

As for the addicted to monster vs relentless etc, it's the same as how people prefer theyre coffee's. I personally prefer relentless

edit: Taurine is rumored to have great effects on ligaments and high blood pressure, a lot of sports supllements include taurine, especially creatine and protein shakes
Last edited by l3vity at Oct 21, 2011,
I'm addicted to energy drinks. Seriously.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Page 1 of 2